Update to Mission Rewards in The Gauntlet

Demiurge_Anthony
Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey all,

I forgot to update the community on the mission rewards for The Gauntlet so I wanted to do that quickly right now. Each mission can be played 3 times for rewards. The loot table for most missions is 500 Iso-8, 250 Iso-8, and 100 Iso-8 in that order. The loot table for the last mission and the last mission of the second set of Required missions in each Sub-chapter is 1 Command Point, 500 Iso-8 and 250 Iso-8 in that order. This should give more Iso-8 overall to players as well as make getting XP from missions more accessible.

As for the final progression reward in The Gauntlet, I hear you all loud and clear. I will bring it up on Monday. With that being said, don't expect it to change for this run of The Gauntlet.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the update
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    To bad the scaling basically starts at "need more ISO for boosts than you are getting from rewards".

And there is no CP but (still) only a 4* if you beat it. My 4/2/5 Venom is somewhat sad it is yellow at the end instead of CP or something I could use...but my personal self thanks you for the week off!
  • nice update, on the weekend as well. thank you kindly.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    To bad the scaling basically starts at "need more ISO for boosts than you are getting from rewards".

And there is no CP but (still) only a 4* if you beat it. My 4/2/5 Venom is somewhat sad it is yellow at the end instead of CP or something I could use...but my personal self thanks you for the week off!

Given we haven't seen Gauntlet under the new scaling model that's a bit of a leap - there is the outside chance that first run its not that bad? First clear on a normal PVE sub now isn't that bad
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the update, and as always I'm very appreciative of the increased communication.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Thank you for this I am in awe how well our pleas have been listened nowadays. Keep up the good work!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Required missions in each Sub-chapter is 1 Command Point
    Am I correct to believe we'll get 6 command points/sub, 18 for the full event?
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    500 on the first play per node? Yeah, I'll take that. Thanks!
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    fmftint wrote:
    Required missions in each Sub-chapter is 1 Command Point
    Am I correct to believe we'll get 6 command points/sub, 18 for the full event?
    I believe if I am reading correctly, the last node and the last required node in each set gives 1CP, so 2 per sub and 6 total.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    alphabeta wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Given we haven't seen Gauntlet under the new scaling model that's a bit of a leap - there is the outside chance that first run its not that bad? First clear on a normal PVE sub now isn't that bad

I'd buy that, if there wasn't a stealth unannounced difficulty bump a month ago. I'm fully expecting this to be the most unplayable Gauntlet to date. Will probably skip it altogether.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Changes look good to me. I just wish that we could have started the clearance lvls with this event. To give everyone some time to play with the new feature and figure it out before the next character release. I think Gauntlet would have been perfect to use as a first run with clearance levels because it's progression based. Plus the rewards that come with clearance levels. More rewards are always nice. Especially more iso. I need lots of iso. " I want so much iso that I can swim in it, like that rich duck guy."

As for the yellow Venom, I'm good with that too. My Venom is at 2/5/4. So I can use this one.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yesss. Finally the level of communication we've been begging for. I could cry.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Weekend update? Thanks, very appreciated.

There is a precedent to this though, dev has swapped out the yellow XFW reward before on one of the shield sim 2k prog levels many seasons ago. There are just SO many other options.

Replace yellow venom with:

- LT
    - 20 CP
    - Peggy
    - MK
    - 4Hawk
    - WM
    - Wasp

Really anything that is not old and stale.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Cmon, still plenty of time to address the rewards. Always thought the second sub should have abetter cover, too, since scaling is a pita even in that one. But to go through this for venom? C'mon. Such an easy switch
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    alphabeta wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

We haven't seen the new scaling since it reverted back to the old scaling after The Hulk (or maybe the one after the Hulk)
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    deadtaco wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

We haven't seen the new scaling since it reverted back to the old scaling after The Hulk (or maybe the one after the Hulk)

Actually, that we haven't seen the gauntlet under the current "4 clears" scaling at all is what I think he meant. Last time Gauntlet was run, we were still doing the 8 hour refreshes. That being said, I don't think things are going to be any easier with this run.

And as far as Venom being the reward, I'm actually kinda tired of people complaining about the specific cover because the characters are "too old" or "not high level enough". Happened last Gauntlet as well, IIRC.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Gauntlet is one of those events where you can't really please everyone, reward-wise. I rarely clear it myself b/c the last round gets pretty tough/challenging. I agree that maybe a newer cover like Spider-woman would entice a bigger portion of the player base to try to beat Gauntlet. That being said, Brock yel is his best ability.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:

There is a precedent to this though, dev has swapped out the yellow XFW reward before on one of the shield sim 2k prog levels many seasons ago. There are just SO many other options.

- LT
    - 20 CP
    - Peggy
    - MK
    - 4Hawk
    - WM
    - Wasp

I'd suggest a Devil Dinosaur or Howard the Duck cover, since there's no way to get them from the Legendary draws. But realistically, 20~25 CP is better as a Gauntlet end for a lot of people. Not sure why so many can't use yellow Venom (I thought it was odd that mine was at 5 yellow, but I guess that's common?). It's the ongoing Gauntlet thing though. One. Single. Cover. Someone said "thanks for the week off", and I guess I agree. Build more PVP points and grab up the 10-pack.

EDIT: Still would like the "required character" formula to work in Gauntlet. The 2-star featured guy just sits in the roster, crying and waiting for the next story to come.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 wrote:
    rkd80 wrote:

- LT
    - 20 CP
    - Peggy
    - MK
    - 4Hawk
    - WM
    - Wasp

I'd suggest a Devil Dinosaur or Howard the Duck cover, since there's no way to get them from the Legendary draws. But realistically, 20~25 CP is better as a Gauntlet end for a lot of people. Not sure why so many can't use yellow Venom (I thought it was odd that mine was at 5 yellow, but I guess that's common?). It's the ongoing Gauntlet thing though. One. Single. Cover. Someone said "thanks for the week off", and I guess I agree. Build more PVP points and grab up the 10-pack.

EDIT: Still would like the "required character" formula to work in Gauntlet. The 2-star featured guy just sits in the roster, crying and waiting for the next story to come.

It's not that most people don't need his yellow, it's that because they think he's a mid or low level 4* they'd rather get a different character instead.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    And as far as Venom being the reward, I'm actually kinda tired of people complaining about the specific cover because the characters are "too old" or "not high level enough". Happened last Gauntlet as well, IIRC.

Just going by memory here, so please forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last Gauntlet...the one immediately after Civil War run 1 in May...for an Iceman cover?

Seems like the perfect time to take an MPQ vacation for PVErs.