Update to Mission Rewards in The Gauntlet

Comments

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Aww, I usually like Gauntlet, but my Venom is 1/0/5.

No matter what the cover is some people will find a reason to complain, so I'm not asking to change it. It's just a little annoying to know the reward at the very end is a cover I'll sell for 1000 ISO.

I'll probably still play the event for the XP and CP.

It's too bad this event is done before clearance levels. I thought it would be a great to have a 4th section with a 5 star reward at the end for top players.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    As for the final progression reward in The Gauntlet, I hear you all loud and clear. I will bring it up on Monday. With that being said, don't expect it to change for this run of The Gauntlet.

Hopefully in the future the final progression reward will not require the essentials, in all other pve people are able to grind a bit more to offset the lack of one of those and obviously the final reward should be far higher than it currently is e.g. something like the end of sub 1 should be a 3* cover, a 4* cover at the end of the 2nd sub, a 4* cover halfway through the 3rd and then another at the end of the 3rd as that would more accurately represent the difficulty of the overall event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So sub 3 starts at 428 for me.
    Thanks, but no thanks.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    To bad the scaling basically starts at "need more ISO for boosts than you are getting from rewards".

And there is no CP but (still) only a 4* if you beat it. My 4/2/5 Venom is somewhat sad it is yellow at the end instead of CP or something I could use...but my personal self thanks you for the week off!

Given we haven't seen Gauntlet under the new scaling model that's a bit of a leap - there is the outside chance that first run its not that bad? First clear on a normal PVE sub now isn't that bad

Ahhh...misplaced optimism. I used to have that in this game.

Roster: 450 Phoenix/392 Cyc/297 HB (top three)
    Sub 11: 207/208/208
    Sub 12: 323/323/323
    Sub 13-29: 325+/325+/325+ to 372/372/372 (visible)

I just wish they would scale slowly, it would be more fun. Why jump to 200 that early? Why jump +100 in between?

Nope nope nope. No reason to even -try- that grind for minimal ISO/XP/CP and a cover I don't need at the end.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    The better mission ISO rewards are great. However, the ISO progression rewards now seem pitiful in comparison. I mean, for the easy mission area, the 968 progress reward is 200 ISO. To get there, you need to clear about 14 missions which nets you 7K of ISO in total. icon_lol.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who set this level progression
    Wilderness survival:
    Node 7 82
    Node 8 103
    Magneto essential 289???
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Who set this level progression
    Wilderness survival:
    Node 7 82
    Node 8 103
    Magneto essential 289???
    Don't worry, sim 13 is 387, too.
    somehow I thought that sub 1 would be reasonable, but no such luck.

Common sense. Not found here,
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    To bad the scaling basically starts at "need more ISO for boosts than you are getting from rewards".

And there is no CP but (still) only a 4* if you beat it. My 4/2/5 Venom is somewhat sad it is yellow at the end instead of CP or something I could use...but my personal self thanks you for the week off!

Given we haven't seen Gauntlet under the new scaling model that's a bit of a leap - there is the outside chance that first run its not that bad? First clear on a normal PVE sub now isn't that bad

Ahhh...misplaced optimism. I used to have that in this game.

Roster: 450 Phoenix/392 Cyc/297 HB (top three)
    Sub 11: 207/208/208
    Sub 12: 323/323/323
    Sub 13-29: 325+/325+/325+ to 372/372/372 (visible)

I just wish they would scale slowly, it would be more fun. Why jump to 200 that early? Why jump +100 in between?

Nope nope nope. No reason to even -try- that grind for minimal ISO/XP/CP and a cover I don't need at the end.

Yeah you were right what was I thinking - few days break it looks like all round
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I especially enjoy that you get LESS iso each time you clear a node. Excellent touch
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    I especially enjoy that you get LESS iso each time you clear a node. Excellent touch
    You'd prefer to be forced to clear Gauntlet 3 times? Sounds like most people are balking at just doing it once...
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Fix. The. Scaling.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    FWIW, I decided to look at my iso gains in previous runs of the Gauntlet. (I've completed all of them, but I never play nodes more than once through, and a few runs I didn't bother with essentials in the first two subs).

Previous additions, I gained between 9880 and 13290, plus 11-16 standard tokens, plus 4000-4750 from progression. It adds to roughly 18k iso from the run, on average, with a peak at ~20k.

This run looks to be 54 x 500 = 28500 + 4750 progression + 2 standards for first time through. That's ~32k iso.

So more than a 50% increase in iso, without the randomness of it. And that's before adding in the extra value of XP.

The scaling is certainly brutal, but at least they boosted the rewards for it in turn.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Wasn't there communication a while back about easing scaling a bit in an effort to reduce the amount of time players were having to spend grinding down nodes? Why does it seem like that lasted about two weeks?

I had intended to give the Gauntlet an effort, because for PvErs, there is no other ISO/xp income till the 15th. But this scaling is absolutely absurd.

Thanks for the break!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    LOL I thought Progression rewards was supposed to be easier to achieve?
  • Ok, as this is my first Gauntlet I have no experience, but is it designed so that due to scaling one cannot make it unless you have several champed 4*s or something like that? Because with the level increase from one node to another I hit a pretty hard wall 3 steps into the second sub.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last 1/2 of the hard gauntlet is very challenging. generally only the top 20% of roster have a viable shot at finishing gauntlet.
  • Thanks for the replies. Ok, then I won't worry too much about my progression, my roster is still green and low-levelled / low-covered.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I understand it's a challenge and such, but it kind of sucks to run such a long event that shuts out newbies/lowbies so early. I don't think I'll be able to progress much further unless I get really, really lucky with cascades or something, as strategic character/ability choice only goes so far with a limited roster. Then it's just DDQ for me until the next PVE event (not a fan of PVP), harrumph.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    rkd80 wrote:
    Weekend update? Thanks, very appreciated.

There is a precedent to this though, dev has swapped out the yellow XFW reward before on one of the shield sim 2k prog levels many seasons ago. There are just SO many other options.

Replace yellow venom with:

- LT
    - 20 CP
    - Peggy
    - MK
    - 4Hawk
    - WM
    - Wasp

Really anything that is not old and stale.
    Oh really... you know, RNG is tricky here, many players have more covers of new heroes than the old ones. Me personally... it will be my 1st yellow cover of Venom.
    My covers:
    Venom: 4/2/0
    Peggy: 2/1/1
    MK: 2/1/1
    Hawk: 0/4/0 (classic)

So yeah, you simply cant please everyone.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    veny wrote:
    So yeah, you simply cant please everyone.

if they made it a 4* wildcard cover that could be applied to any character/color they could please a lot more folks.