124»

Comments

• Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

Here’s an update from Anthony at Demiurge regarding an adjustment to DDQ:

In general, we are seeing a high win rate in the first wave

AND WHATS WRONG WITH A HIGH WIN RATE....WHATS WRONG WITH SUCCESS..????

What crazy alternative reality have I woken up in this morning.
    (Shakes head, goes back to sleep)
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

Here’s an update from Anthony at Demiurge regarding an adjustment to DDQ:

In general, we are seeing a high win rate in the first wave

What crazy alternative reality have I woken up in this morning.
    (Shakes head, goes back to sleep)
    Winning allows progression which is not allowed
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's an unintended exploit...
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    It's an unintended exploit...

As long as it isn't exploited too much by too many people who haven't played then all is fine and as such nothing to see here.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    The only problem I've noticed is the occasional duplication of a previous wave. A couple of days ago, my second and fourth waves were identical.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    This adjustment is good, but if the data still shows a higher success in the first wave over the others, the next adjustment should be 5*s in the first round and 1* in the next waves.

More seriously though as other players have said, how will the first wave NOT have a higher success rate than the rest? If you misplay a wave, the next one has the chance to wipe you out with the AI's stored up AP.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Today round 1 was at level 95 and completely manageable. Maybe they're easing us into it, but if it continues in this pattern this change is no big deal.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today I failed the first wave of BE, using the same team that I've been using for the last 3 months. I don't really understand what this has achieved.

Edit: Good News, everyone! I picked three 5* characters and everything was alright. It did give me a thought; since Metrics are so precious to the development team, I should throw a rubbish team against BE and wipe on that first wave before using an overly strong team. This would put a "false" failure into their data.
  • kobu
    Mawtful wrote:
    Today I failed the first wave of BE, using the same team that I've been using for the last 3 months. I don't really understand what this has achieved.

Edit: Good News, everyone! I picked three 5* characters and everything was alright. It did give me a thought; since Metrics are so precious to the development team, I should throw a rubbish team against BE and wipe on that first wave before using an overly strong team. This would put a "false" failure into their data.

Levels were higher today in wave 1 than yesterday, but still within reason I thought. The adjustment doesn't seem to have been very great. Time will tell if more people are failing overall.

I'll be back to complain if I do wipe in wave one however. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    didn't lose today, but today's Big Enchilada didn't seem to fall under their "First wave harder than the rest" theorem.

Each wave was harder, Rags showing up in wave 1 and wave 3, LOTS of purple feeders, and then Jean Gray in the last wave dumping consecutive Mind Over Matter's on you. Just didn't fall into the concept of harder and getting easier.

Still worked for me, I used a 3* team this time... been trying to use the same character that the cover is for, just for kicks, so it was Patch, IF, Loki... Loki almost didn't make it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    didn't lose today, but today's Big Enchilada didn't seem to fall under their "First wave harder than the rest" theorem.

Each wave was harder, Rags showing up in wave 1 and wave 3, LOTS of purple feeders, and then Jean Gray in the last wave dumping consecutive Mind Over Matter's on you. Just didn't fall into the concept of harder and getting easier.

Still worked for me, I used a 3* team this time... been trying to use the same character that the cover is for, just for kicks, so it was Patch, IF, Loki... Loki almost didn't make it.

I felt it got harder each time too. Usually my 3* team comes out relatively unscathed, this time 2 of the characters were near death. Definitely something I would have failed with slightly weaker characters.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    When all four waves have a board mover it tends to bleed you harder than usual, that's for sure. It didn't help that Rags self-heals to prolong the time it takes to down him, meaning more time for the AI to gather AP for subsequent waves.

It also didn't help, today, that Bullseye & BP are boosted for the week and I was using them in Gauntlet, and they're both in my usual TBE team (with Patch), so I had to spend a pair of health packs before I even started.

Ah well. That's level 183 for Patch, meaning a shiny green X-Force cover for me.
  • kobu
    JVReal wrote:

The change was to increase the difficulty in the first wave and decrease it in later waves from what it was originally, not make the first wave harder than subsequent waves. The change should have smoothed the ramp up in difficulty between waves, and it was a fairly subtle adjustment from what I see looking at the wave levels.

I'm okay with it so far, I'm just not sure it makes a difference when your position after completing the first wave matters so much. If they really wanted to increase the player success rate, they could have gone with letting player cascades carry over into the next wave or at least give us first turn. I hate when they are able to fire off everything they have on a vulnerable character when the next wave starts. icon_cry.gif