Deadpool’s Daily Quest: Big Enchilada Adjustment

Comments

• Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    The first wave sets the tone for the rest. Even if you don't lose, you may have taken too much damage, or spent too much ap to have an easy time for the last 3 waves. The first wave has always been the hardest for me, even if I almost never lose on it, and even if it's not the hardest enemies I'll face.

Starting from 0 ap against anything but non matching goons is going to be more difficult than anything else, even some of the top notch 4s. Having ap makes all the difference. Make the first wave harder, and you will see losses get worse on all 4 waves, even if you make 2-4 easier.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Symbiote goons on the first wave are approximately a 50/50 chance that you'll get a good board and shut them down fast, or get a bad board, take heavy damage from their deluge of special tiles and continue to be crippled by those special tiles in the next wave. Please consider the impact of symbiotes on BE waves.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We have been seeing an uneven success rate in each of the waves of the mission. In general, we are seeing a high win rate in the first wave but more defeats in the waves after that.
    Given that most players aren't using characters than can heal, why would anyone expect it to be any different than this? The lower one's health, the greater the chances of failure. Why isn't this obvious to everyone on the dev team? It should be, to anyone who's ever played a wave node.

Seriously, the lack of logic and critical thinking on display here is baffling and frightening.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Given that most players aren't using characters than can heal, why would anyone expect it to be any different than this? The lower one's health, the greater the chances of failure. Why isn't this obvious to everyone on the dev team? It should be, to anyone who's ever played a wave node.

Seriously, the lack of logic and critical thinking on display here is baffling and frightening.

Always thought KK was your single-best asset for taking on TBE, for this very reason. Any change in difficulty to the first node just reinforces that.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    For all the good changes being made, this is not one. Bad move D3. DP BE is hard enough for a developed 3* roster, 2 -> 3 transition players will be wiped out.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:

Always thought KK was your single-best asset for taking on TBE, for this very reason. Any change in difficulty to the first node just reinforces that.
    yeah, she'd be good. My Laken, Blade, and 3* Falcon usually have no problems whatsoever, and the buffed strike tiles + attack tiles make for quick late rounds.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    thanos8587 wrote:
    just keep the stupid ultron sentries out of the first wave.

please and thank you. icon_e_smile.gif

You just had to say something. And then those stupid "turn to smoke" guys in the next. So many punchy tiles of doom. icon_eek.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    <sarcasm>Oh good, more tinkering with DDQ without adding 4*s. Everybody wants that.</sarcasm>

Really, health doesn't regen for most charterers. Stats showing more loses on wave 4 than wave 1 are therefore completely logical, and no reason to increase the difficulty of wave one.

Part of the puzzle of DDQ is using rounds one to stock up on ap, or set up the board with Daken/Blade/Falcon/Bullseye/etc. Quit trying to remove all elements of puzzle from Marvel Puzzle Quest.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Haha, today's first wave was the most brutal. Couple of rounds more and I would have been barely limping into round 2. Can't wait for tomorrow...
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I can't understand this change. Gladly I am past the point where I am losing the BE, but in times where it still happened reason was Wave 1, not the latter.
    KO came of course in latter rounds, though. It's just getting harder for weaker rosters now.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

We have been seeing an uneven success rate in each of the waves of the mission. In general, we are seeing a high win rate in the first wave but more defeats in the waves after that.

Rather than lowering the difficulty in later waves so that 2* rosters have it more easy/fun, lets just make it harder in the first wave! Losing to first wave sure boosts morale and the will to play it again, huh? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    so all the lower guys who barely make it through 1 and die in 2 or 3. lets make sure 1 is harder and 2 is easier???? who comes up with this? won't affect me at all but sheesh.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs have access to data about how people fares not only in Big Enchilada, but also in other survival nodes in various PvE events. I suspect they aren't looking at TBE in isolation but are comparing it to completion numbers for other survival nodes too...
    That doesn't necessarily mean this is a good idea. I do Think there has been more thought put behind this than many other posters seem to Think though. We'll see how it plays out I guess...
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    I think dev are being funny.. Of course there are higher win rate in the first wave, if there's no win in the first wave, there will be no latter waves. So statistically, success rate is 1st wave > 2nd wave > 3rd wave > 4th wave...
    Dev said the first wave is easy, I said
    Look at today TBE, 4k hp sentries in the first wave (easy they said
    2nd wave with 3 turn to smoke ninja
    3rd wave with near 7k Jean in it
    4th wave with all symbiotes...
    They are really being very funny.

commandpointsbig.pngPlease do not intentionally circumvent the profanity filter. commandpointsbig.png
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    1st wave has always been the hardest. If I can get out of that one with most health, I figure I'll be able to win it. Not always but usually.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too am past the point where losing TBE is a regular event, but this does smell like a 'misinterpreting the data' kind of thing, and yet another 'tinkering with the margins' kind of game change. As has been said, there are wave configurations (symbiotes, sentries, Muscle+Ninja) where a bad opening board can all but kill you on wave #1 before you ever reach the later waves. And the whole point of a 4-wave survival mission is that you have to gather AP to use in later waves, and the AI get to do the same. Seems to make no sense to make wave #1 harder.
  • Let us bring +3 characters to the wave missions then, so that if our first 3 die, we can replace them. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Nice to see the mantra of "If it ain't broke, BREAK IT" is continuing. Hah and they said they wanted to make transitioning easier.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    St1nkf1st wrote:
    I can't understand this change. Gladly I am past the point where I am losing the BE, but in times where it still happened reason was Wave 1, not the latter.
    KO came of course in latter rounds, though. It's just getting harder for weaker rosters now.
    With the jacked up progressions and super scaling returning this is the most un-friendly game for people starting out. The mechanics are geared exclusively for vets, anyone less than that gets left in the mire.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    The DDQ is one of the last things I still do in the game. I'm pretty much fading away. Now this feels like more of a chore. Blech.