Deadpool’s Daily Quest: Big Enchilada Adjustment

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    There is nothing wrong with the BE, you just have to know how to play it and try to prepare. Things like: don't kill the last enemy on a level with an actual match move; kill him with a power or a 5-match move if possible so you get the first move on the next wave instead of having 2 4*s and a 3* unload all of the collected AP into you.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I'm fine with making first node harder.

I'm also fine with making it always goon-only, like it used to be.....

I like to think Ill be fine with it as well, but I definitely question why they are doing it. The unspoken hypothesis that its the increased difficulty of the later waves causing the increased failure rates seems off. There are other potential reasons, such as the players team being worn out from the first wave, that can explain it as well. And beefing up the first wave just exacerbates that example.....though it could be that they have done a deeper analysis than is alluded to and just didnt communicate it well......nah, that cant be it.
  • Finally! The fix we all waited for. I was getting frustrated at how easy it is to win the first waves! #notreally icon_neutral.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Confused by the reasoning
    Another way too see it is, many players barely beating wave one and runnung out of gas on 2, 3, 4. How does increasing the difficulty of wave 1 help them get through 2, 3, 4?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:
    Do the devs just not want people to succeed at their game? Why make the first wave harder?

You're supposed to-

Ah, you know what? I give up. There are some significant objective flaws with this approach to design, but I've been instructed in no uncertain terms that I'm not allowed to question the methods or motives of the developers anymore. Read into ~that~ what you will.

I, for one, applaud this decision. It's brave and courageous - just like Apple removing the wires from their headphones - and I hope that the first wave of The Big Enchilada is just the start. Metrics will confirm that this was the right decision, and I hope to see all nodes, across all aspects of the game, increase in difficulty.

I love Demiurge. I love D3. I love MPQ.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I'm fine with making first node harder.

I'm also fine with making it always goon-only, like it used to be.....

Not when it was a Muscle and 2 Ninjas! If you had a bad board then the strike tiles plus the attack tiles killed you fairly fast
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Confused by the reasoning
    Another way too see it is, many players barely beating wave one and runnung out of gas on 2, 3, 4. How does increasing the difficulty of wave 1 help them get through 2, 3, 4?

We're arguing the concept without knowing the numbers.

If it was: 100, 110, 120, 130
    & now it is: 130, 90, 90, 90

Then that change actually made the whole thing easier. We don't know yet.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    I suggest you keep tinkering with the single aspect of MPQ that has near universal approval. With enough effort, you can break the one thing everyone agrees you got right the first time around. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Mawtful wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    Do the devs just not want people to succeed at their game? Why make the first wave harder?

You're supposed to-

Ah, you know what? I give up. There are some significant objective flaws with this approach to design, but I've been instructed in no uncertain terms that I'm not allowed to question the methods or motives of the developers anymore. Read into ~that~ what you will.

I, for one, applaud this decision. It's brave and courageous - just like Apple removing the wires from their headphones - and I hope that the first wave of The Big Enchilada is just the start. Metrics will confirm that this was the right decision, and I hope to see all nodes, across all aspects of the game, increase in difficulty.

"I laughed, I cried...It was better than Cats. I will see it again and again"
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    In BE, it's either I lose in the first wave or I win through to the end. The first wave is the make or break point because in it I can collect AP to deal with subsequent waves. Hard 1st wave = no fun at all.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really confused by this...

So more people win in the early wave and more lose later on. Isn't that the whole point of multiple waves? By default the first wave will have the most win because it's entirely impossible to play their later nodes without beating the earlier ones. I feel like I have to be missing something...
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Wow, I thought this was going to be about making the 4* node appear more often or upping the amount of Iso.

How about you adjust your title so it doesn't look important?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, I would like to point out that the last time Anthony announced a "slight" increase in difficulty levels, my essential nodes went from capping out at around 180 to capping at about 300. So a "slight" change to the first wave could mean level 250 opponents.

Original ddq remains the most player-friendly, and generally well-received, feature that demi has ever introduced to the game (just ahead of anniversary 1). Why are they messing with a good thing? Who cares if wins and,losses are unevenly distributed across all 4 waves?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    The makers of this game are so INSANELY odd and inconsistent, my mind is always in a state of pure "baffled".
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

You're supposed to-

I agree with this 100%. It takes a bold and brave team to continuously tinker with the 1 aspect of the game that pretty much every player says is great instead of addressing other more important issues like randomness stalling player progression. I do hope that all future changes are based upon metrics rather than actual player feedback that is found on places like Redditch, Facebook, Twitter or some kind of official forum, numbers do not lie.

Viva la MPQ icon_e_smile.gif
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I don´t understand the reason. Loosing in wave 1,2,3 or 4 is not relevant, loosing or winning the node is relevant.

But anyways, if this helps 2*players to get a regularly win, its ok, otherwise think about return to the classic pattern goons(no ultrons or symbiots), heroes, goons(see wave 1), heroes.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meander wrote:
    Who opened this hoping for a 4* announcement?

*slowly raises hand*

I was really hoping for something new, a couple of extra nodes as we have for 3s, giving a particular 4 every two days or something like that.

A pity icon_e_sad.gif
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    The first wave is most important because it's for getting APs and getting ready for the next waves.
    On the other hand the last wave I make in one turn, AI is not even able to make one move, so it doesn't matter for me if it is hard or not.

So generally I find this change as making Big Enchilada harder...
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Talk about being out of touch. The problem is that too often the first wave is too tough. I've reached the point with my roster that I don't have to worry about it, but after the bad job done redesigning the big E last time, too often the first wave is too difficult. People are losing in later rounds because their team is beat up getting through the first round. Stop putting 4* characters and **** like that in the first round and I'm willing to bet things fix themselves.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    thanos8587 wrote:
    just keep the stupid ultron sentries out of the first wave.

please and thank you. icon_e_smile.gif

And Ninjas! Thanks

eattack.pngicon_hand_group.pngeattack.png

And symbiotes? Seriously, since when is the first wave the "easy" part of this? Ability to generate AP and get out of the first wave somewhat unscathed is how you start the snowball into a victory. Now we're just supposed to die in the first wave, but if we make it through it becomes a cakewalk? Seems backwards.