Patch Notes - R109 (09/12/16)

Comments

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    Same have others have reported on iOS.

Very slow (5sec) black screen when switching between screens.

I keep thinking the game crashed or my phone went to sleep.

Hopefully they can hotfix.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Thanks for the reports everyone. The dev team are aware and currently investigating. Please refer to this Bugs thread and continue to provide your device specs and where & when you are seeing the black screens/increased loading: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50861

We appreciate your assistance as we work on getting this corrected.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    rbdragon wrote:
    The game won't open for me either since updating.

Running on Android 6.0 on an LG G3
    Try opening it from the Apps menu instead of your shortcut.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see Facebook rewards are back as well. Now, about the week where we didn't get them....

i think facebook rewards should be taken away unless everyone can get them, computer players can't get game to sync with facebook.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    rbdragon wrote:

No luck there either...it showed up on my recent apps list, but it was just all white and never actually opened....
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    rbdragon wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

No luck there either...it showed up on my recent apps list, but it was just all white and never actually opened....

my app wouldn't open after the update until I restarted my phone.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    I see Facebook rewards are back as well. Now, about the week where we didn't get them....

Facebook gifting issue is not fixed yet, despite the R109 icon_redface.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Thanks for the reports everyone. The dev team are aware and currently investigating. Please refer to this Bugs thread and continue to provide your device specs and where & when you are seeing the black screens/increased loading: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50861

This is can be a problem for PvP. After every single match we have to wait like 10-15s for the screen to reload and select the next fight. In a game that it is all about speed this can be a problem (or at least it will very bad for our nerves, while we wait to see if we have been attacked or not looking at a black screen waiting...).

After the R108 double-reward bug, I was hoping testing would improve... (testing is now the Achilles heel of this game, it is what is hurting this game the most lately, a lot of very good improvements but really bad testing before they are launched)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    After the R108 double-reward bug, I was hoping testing would improve... (testing is now the Achilles heel of this game, it is what is hurting this game the most lately, a lot of very good improvements but really bad testing before they are launched)

I would very much doubt that testing is the problem with this game, it is vastly more likely that development overruns and then they have fixed release dates with the net result that the time qa should get is squeezed and problems end up going live.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    Polares wrote:

I would very much doubt that testing is the problem with this game, it is vastly more likely that development overruns and then they have fixed release dates with the net result that the time qa should get is squeezed and problems end up going live.

Well it might be this fixed two weeks sprint releases is affecting the quality of the product and reducing the test time, but this case in particular was a very very obvious bug, anybody with an iOs device would have found the problem in just a minute of testing. They did not test the release on iOs, someone did a very bad job doing the testing or they just tested on development devices (there is a big difference between testing release versions or the real app that gets uploaded to the store, and you should always test the latter).

I don't think R109 is working correctly in any iOs device (but maybe I am wrong and it just affects some iOs devices). Anybody in iOs with R109 without the bug?

But anyway, a lot of good things going on in the game that get seriously affected by bad releases icon_e_sad.gif
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Has anyone updated an Amazon tablet yet? My android phone won't load since the update, I'm afraid to update my tablet
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    with all the reports I'm dragging my feet updating. wonder how long i'll have before it forces me into it...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    with all the reports I'm dragging my feet updating. wonder how long i'll have before it forces me into it...
    I think it's 24 hours...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    great. was hoping I'd get this pvp in before. now I think I'd probably do it before LRs start or it'll screw me outta some seeds.

edit: great. 6-7 seconds to enter an event screen (including sub screen) and 5 seconds or so coming out. extra time loading a match and coming out of a match. blegh.
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    The lag really sucks. Come on devs, how did such bad code pass the UAT ?!!
  • xdogg wrote:
    Has anyone updated an Amazon tablet yet? My android phone won't load since the update, I'm afraid to update my tablet

I have it loaded on my Fire 7 now and it seems to be working fine. I haven't tried any PVP yet though so I can't speak to that.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor

i think facebook rewards should be taken away unless everyone can get them, computer players can't get game to sync with facebook.

I think PC players should play on mobile devices.

I think people should get Facebook accounts even if they don't want to.

It's good to have opinions.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Game wouldn't open AT ALL yesterday, on my Android.

And when it finally opened up this morning, I got a whopping ONE Facebook gift, unlike the the 40 - 60 that I used to wake up to.

This is seriously ridiculous. lol. Comedic, even.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Thanks for the reports everyone. The dev team are aware and currently investigating. Please refer to this Bugs thread and continue to provide your device specs and where & when you are seeing the black screens/increased loading: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50861

As Hi-Fi said, for those seeing an issue, please direct further information on your device to the linked Bugs and Technical Issues thread.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Is there any way to make sure this update doesn't flip to required until the lag problems are solved? I would rather keep clicking "ignore" when prompted to update instead of have everything lag horribly.