Patch Notes - R109 (09/12/16)

Comments

• vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    DO NOT UPDATE TO R109 IF YOU'RE ON IOS.

I have an iPhone 6S and there is noticeable slowdown after the update. Once I'm in a match it runs fine but there's a 5 to 10 second delay every time I change screens outside of a match (event screens, character select screens, etc.). One of my alliancemates is on a regular iPhone 6 and he reports the same problem.

Also, the FB bug is still not fixed.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update is live. I'm getting a looooong black screen when switching between event screens, other than that, no noticeable differences yet.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update is downloading, Steam says it's 975.6 mb... what the hell? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    New update is painfully slow on transition between events, screens for tokens, etc - like 3-5s wait per transition.

Please let me this is a server issue as living with this if its a patch issue will be bad
  • alphabeta
    Oh and you haven't successfully fixed the backing up to facebook / gift sharing issues on iOS
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update makes the game unplayably slow in navigating.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    People have an odd definition of unplayable. I see the lag but probably wouldn't have even noticed it had others not reported.

Also I got a FB gift the second I logged on so I don't know why people are saying it's not fixed. It's at least working better for me if not fixed.

iOS
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    People have an odd definition of unplayable. I see the lag but probably wouldn't have even noticed it had others not reported.

Also I got a FB gift the second I logged on so I don't know why people are saying it's not fixed. It's at least working better for me if not fixed.

iOS
    The check mark on FB connect still doesn't stay, that's why it looks like it isn't fixed.
  • broll
    Bowgentle wrote:
    broll wrote:

iOS
    The check mark on FB connect still doesn't stay, that's why it looks like it isn't fixed.

I didn't know there was a checkmark. I didn't have it. Clicked the button. Do now. FYI.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    broll wrote:

iOS

I didn't know there was a checkmark. I didn't have it. Clicked the button. Do now. FYI.
    Close the app and restart. It doesn't stay.
  • alphabeta
    broll wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    broll wrote:

iOS

Force close the app and when you reopen is the check mark still there?
  • broll
    alphabeta wrote:
    broll wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    broll wrote:

iOS

Force close the app and when you reopen is the check mark still there?

No, however this doesn't change the fact that I have received a reward since the update. Color me optimistic that the REAL issue, not getting gifts, is fixed, but there's still some appearance issues with the check mark. Either that or it's gone from not working at all to working intermittently.
  • alphabeta
    broll wrote:

No, however this doesn't change the fact that I have received a reward since the update. Color me optimistic that the REAL issue, not getting gifts, is fixed, but there's still some appearance issues with the check mark. Either that or it's gone from not working at all to working intermittently.

Unless you ever have to rely upon the facebook back up to recover your account when that check box not staying checked will be a major pain when you realise you didn't recheck every time you loaded the game and there is nothing anyone can do
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    App won't open after updating to 109 on Android. Tried force closing, restarting phone and even clearing app cache. I wanted to work on the Gauntlet darn it.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Super slow loading times on iOS... in the grand scheme of things, compared to my old TRS-80, it's lightning fast, but still, for modern times, it is remarkably slow and irritating have a black screen for 3-5 seconds so frequently.

I thought it was me at first, 16Gig iPhone has given me 'space' troubles for the last 2 years, so I closed background apps, deleted photos (screenshots of the game mostly)... then deleted the pictures I just deleted from the deleted pictures section... (ugh). Cleared out my Line chats to free up more space, but still it was slow loading between modes, etc.

Came here and it's not just me. Whew!

And it still unchecks the Facebook save, which doesn't bother me too much since I don't use multiple devices, and since I only seem to send facebook rewards and never receive them... I just hope that by the time I buy a new iPhone (maybe the iphone7 since I'll be coming from the 5S and bypassing the 6S... but curse you Apple for removing my beloved headphone jack and forcing me to choose between listening to my music and charging my phone lest I pay $160 for some ill fitting non-blue tooth (proprietary wireless system) ear buds that aren't even as fashionable as Lt. Uhura's ear piece.) the facebook save feature will be repaired so I can switch to the new phone.

uhura-treknobabble50_6.jpg
    2107_3.jpg
    BN-PS925_AIRPOD_P_20160907203421.jpg
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    madok wrote:
    App won't open after updating to 109 on Android. Tried force closing, restarting phone and even clearing app cache. I wanted to work on the Gauntlet darn it.

That happened at first to me too. I tried opening a few times, forced closed and it opened eventually. Runs poorly however.
  • cmgc
    cmgc Posts: 12
    Yep, also updated and it's running super duper slow.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    The game won't open for me either since updating.

Running on Android 6.0 on an LG G3
  • Still only seeing R108 on Amazon.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    I see Facebook rewards are back as well. Now, about the week where we didn't get them....