How did you spend your ISO influx?

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    HxiiiK wrote:
    Quite frankly, why would you use it on a farm? Except for the hp and cp, you lose ISO on farms, so the best way to use a jackpot is to spend it all on things you can use, such as champ those max covered 4/3*s you've been wanting to
    Farms give you fixed 3* covers and, from now on, also XP. If anything, the new feature increased their value.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    jffdougan wrote:
    I could actually use some advice here. Now have roughly 750k; roster link in sig.
    It's tough to say as I'm admittedly out of touch with a roster like yours.

I don't see any 4*'s that would make a a huge difference. XF/Fury make for a nice rainbow team but it's about as slow as things get and I don't see it elevating your play all that much. Antman is a pretty good character but he overlaps with your Fury too much and he's more support than a damage dealer.

So with those options eliminated I'd champion your remaining 2*'s. Build them up to level 144 and then sell continually sell them and rebuild for the champion rewards. This will start giving you a nice return on tokens and CP to help build your 4* roster.

Remaining ISO should go towards championing 3*s...most notably those that are awarded covers through your 2* champion levels.

Your goal should be to get one more hulkbuster cover and then champion ASAP changing him to the 3 blue build. From there you'll hopefully get either Jean, Rulk or Iceman to pair with him as your ideal pairing. Until then HB/Fist will probably be your best duo team.

Note: As soon as you get a single red cover on your OML he WILL be viable. Don't be afraid to level him when that happens.

On topic
    I leveled all my weaker 5*'s to cover max which ate up a couple hundred thousand ISO. I then took that batch of 8 or so 4*'s who were all essentially base level and buffed them all up to level 180 give or take depending on their covers. The goal here being to prepare them for their ddq's and to have them in a better position to champion when I stumble upon a cover to champion them.

Nothing all that exciting but it's stuff that kept getting put off and until today it felt like I'd never get to it.
    Now that it's done I'm free to stockpile some ISO and maybe actually keep up with some 4* championing as the covers come in icon_e_smile.gif
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Piro_plock wrote:
    HxiiiK wrote:
    Quite frankly, why would you use it on a farm? Except for the hp and cp, you lose ISO on farms, so the best way to use a jackpot is to spend it all on things you can use, such as champ those max covered 4/3*s you've been wanting to
    Farms give you fixed 3* covers and, from now on, also XP. If anything, the new feature increased their value.

My bad, i forgot about the xp they bring, but if you do have things you want to use the iso on, better to go ahead and use it, because it will be a while before your farm grows enough to harvest
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Championed Nova, Howard, 4* Punisher and 3* Falcon.

Was a pretty good day.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Championed She-Hulk for my 23rd 3* champ, and am not really sure what to do with the rest (~300K). Am contemplating just raising up a bunch of 3*s for the sake of being to use them more regularly. My 5/5/2 Kamala and 4/4/4 SWitch (both ~level 60) might not be especially urgently needed as far as keeping rewards goes, but I sure would like to finally be able to use them.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Championed Sentry. So I officially have Champed every Three :Star: . Worked Flaptain up to 200. Debated a champion Elektra and Ant-Man. Decided against that.

So... 800k Iso, that I don't want to use. At least the Two Star farm for those 270 tacos I have looks set up.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Levelled up and championed nine 3*'s. Deadpool, Bullseye, Daken, Doctor Octopus, Iron Fist, Loki, Sam Wilson, The Hulk and Thor. Deadpool is a little out of order as I was on my way to championing him and had a cover ready. Eight more 3*'s and three 4*'s to champion. By far a very underwhelming post compared to many, but my **** family has become a little less ****.

No way is that ****. Iron Fist and Bullseye are top drawer all the way. Put 5 into Bulleye's black and he will make it rain blood from the skies in wave nodes and Iron Fist is freaking awesome paired up with anybody who makes strike tiles and his Exquisite Technique makes very short work in Trivial nodes and lightning rounds or any seed teams really. You did great! Deadpool is the only auto killer in the game and both Loki and Falcon are very good on support. Boosted Thor is ok but super slow and I don't really care for Doc Ock except against Carnage and Hulk is pretty meh.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Got 782,000 after the update. Champed 3* Spider-Man, maxxed and champed 4Thor and The Thing (which was 352,000 on his own as he was only at 186). Also leveled Jean Gray to 229, X-23 to 250, Ghost Rider to 209, Peggy Carter to 187, then added a few levels to others leaving me a balance of about 8000 ISO.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I added about 10 level to Quicksilver and 15 to 3* Deadpool. That's about it.

I should be able to get missing covers for IM40 soon, so I'm saving for now. I could also champ 2* Wolverine or Mrs Marvel, but I'd rather wait for missing covers of 2* Daken.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    jffdougan wrote:
    I could actually use some advice here. Now have roughly 750k; roster link in sig.
    babinro wrote:
    So with those options eliminated I'd champion your remaining 2*'s. Build them up to level 144 and then sell continually sell them and rebuild for the champion rewards. This will start giving you a nice return on tokens and CP to help build your 4* roster.

Remaining ISO should go towards championing 3*s...most notably those that are awarded covers through your 2* champion levels.

That's some great advice right there. I see you're short covers for Spider-Man & Ares but Bullseye & Moonstone are ready to be Champion'd. Go ahead and do that. It's worth XP now! icon_e_smile.gif

It looks like Ragnarok is your only three-star that receives covers from a two-star that isn't already a Champion. Since he receives his covers from Ares and Ares isn't ready to Champion, you might hold of on Ragnarok. On the other hand, Ragnarok is one of the characters for the villainous weeks of Lightning Rounds.

As for other three-stars, I'd say wait until you have extra covers for them before deciding who to Champion.

Unless I missed someone, you're fully covered four-stars are Nick Fury (already a Champion), Invisible Woman, Ant-Man, and Wolverine. Wolverine's three-star version is already past 183 so you're a long ways away from receiving another four-star cover from him. You haven't even Champion'd Squirrel Girl, the character that provides Ant-Man covers, so that 14th cover is a long ways away. That leaves Invisible Woman, my first and only four-star Champion. Her cover comes from Doctor Doom. While Doom does have eight levels to go before you receive the next Invisible Woman cover, that's still closer than any of the others (barring a random draw). The Hulkbuster you'll receive when three-star Iron Man reaches 183 will be blue and therefore of no use to you unless you; Iron First also gives Hulkbuster covers but you've already received the black cover from him. Again, barring a random draw, you won't have enough covers for Hulkbuster for a while.

My recommendation is that, if you can, you hold a bunch of ISO in reserve until you have a 14th cover for one of those four-stars. If you have the Command Points, you might consider buying cover #13 for Hulkbuster but only if you receive another blue cover before a black or red one.

That's my two cents worth, friend.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Following some of my own advice, I just brought Ares, Daken, and Hawkeye all up to level 94. Odds are, I'll have covers to add to them soon. This makes Spider-Man my only two-star still down at level 15. I'm holding two covers for him but I need another yellow before I can Champion him and use those covers.
  • Frank NewCastle
    Frank NewCastle Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    So I champed Deadpool (4th 4* champ), champed Gamora and 2* Daken. Have 220k left which I'm going to sit on till one of last 3* covers comes up or I get 13th cover for Bobby.
  • Haven't spend much yet, as I received the rewards twice. But I'm not sure even where to spend it on. Already maxed all 3*, recycling my 2* and have 3 champed 5*. Maybe start leveling my 4th and 5th 5* (only 9 and 8 covers) or max a few more 4* to let less covers go to waste.

Anyway I'm not spending anything until I here from CS how they will solve it.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    OK, I was lucky enough to get shield rank 56 which leaves me with 720k iso. I also have saved up 125 cps in the last month. Currently have XFDP, Fury, and IMHB champed. Still at 22 3* champs.
    So who should I champ next/what to do with my riches:

Quake 544 - Her next guaranteed cover isnt until October 18th

Rulk 525 - My original plan and reason for saving up the cp was to buy his last green and cover him. I have 3Thor sitting at 182 rank (impending cover) and rulks next pvp cover is on oct 21st

X23 535 - I just dumped 2 of her covers 2 weeks ago due to choosing xfdp over her.

Carnage 345 - About to get his last cover in this pvp, his next guaranteed cover is a whiles away I suppose

4Thor 343 (in the next 50 days I will be getting 3 of her covers from shield resupply rewards)

Other notable 4*s:
    Iceman 152
    Cyclops 532
    KP 225
    Jean Grey 125
    Sam Wilson 524
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I championed Quake, Nova, Thing, and 2* Captain Marvel. I still have half a million Iso in the bank. Gonna wait and see what the rebuilds look like before I do anything with that.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    jffdougan wrote:
    babinro wrote:

That's some great advice right there. I see you're short covers for Spider-Man & Ares but Bullseye & Moonstone are ready to be Champion'd. Go ahead and do that. It's worth XP now! icon_e_smile.gif

It looks like Ragnarok is your only three-star that receives covers from a two-star that isn't already a Champion. Since he receives his covers from Ares and Ares isn't ready to Champion, you might hold of on Ragnarok. On the other hand, Ragnarok is one of the characters for the villainous weeks of Lightning Rounds.

As for other three-stars, I'd say wait until you have extra covers for them before deciding who to Champion.

Unless I missed someone, you're fully covered four-stars are Nick Fury (already a Champion), Invisible Woman, Ant-Man, and Wolverine. Wolverine's three-star version is already past 183 so you're a long ways away from receiving another four-star cover from him. You haven't even Champion'd Squirrel Girl, the character that provides Ant-Man covers, so that 14th cover is a long ways away. That leaves Invisible Woman, my first and only four-star Champion. Her cover comes from Doctor Doom. While Doom does have eight levels to go before you receive the next Invisible Woman cover, that's still closer than any of the others (barring a random draw). The Hulkbuster you'll receive when three-star Iron Man reaches 183 will be blue and therefore of no use to you unless you; Iron First also gives Hulkbuster covers but you've already received the black cover from him. Again, barring a random draw, you won't have enough covers for Hulkbuster for a while.

My recommendation is that, if you can, you hold a bunch of ISO in reserve until you have a 14th cover for one of those four-stars. If you have the Command Points, you might consider buying cover #13 for Hulkbuster but only if you receive another blue cover before a black or red one.

That's my two cents worth, friend.

Some of that overlaps what actually happened last night. What happened was this:

Leveled Hulkbuster to 250.
    Maxed Ant-Man.
    Used some of my 4800-ish HP for a 10-pack from the Oscorp vault.
    Got Jessica (now 2 red, thanks to my t75 finish), Colossus (well, guess he's a champ now), SRCA (same reaction), some other rewards.
    Champ Colossus; get XFW. Take him to Champ; draw Kate black.
    Draw a 2* Hawkeye from Steve's reward and start that cycle over.

At that point, I was down to less ISO than I started the day with & stopped.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I cap my 4*s at 166, so I leveled all my 4*s to 166 or under if they didn't have enough covers to get to 166. That list would be Thing, Hulkbuster, Mr. Fantastic to 166 and Miles, X-23, and Big Pun to their max level available. I also took a dupe Moonstone from 15 to 94 and championed her. I only used up 127K of the 727K iso awarded from being level 60.

I don't plan on leveling my 5*, so I am debating on raising my 166 cap on 4*. I only have 12 4* that can go past 166 and 166 is usually good enough to beat the 4* DDQ node depending on which covers I have.
  • Bohica666
    Bohica666 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    460k after the influx.
    Got 13 3-stars (all lvl 90 except where noted) that could be championed (bold ones have a cover on the stack);
    • Beast (Classic)
    • Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    • Bullseye (Classic)
    • Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) lvl 105
    • Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
    • Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool)
    • Doctor Doom (Classic) lvl 130
    • Gamora (Guardians o/t Galaxy)
    • Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
    • Luke Cage (Hero for Hire)
    • Magneto (Classic) lvl 115
    • Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    • Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
    Also got 5 3-stars that are at 12 covers (all lvl 80), which will get their 13th cover (relatively) soon
    • Daken (Classic) > next cover on 08-31
    • Loki (Dark Reign) > next cover on 10-09
    • Mystique (Raven Darkholme) > next cover on 09-03
    • She-Hulk (Modern) > next cover on 10-05
    • Spider-Man (Classic) > next cover on 10-03
    • The Punisher (Dark Reign) > next cover on 09-11

Currently wondering what to do...
    • Bringing all 13-covered 3-stars at lvl 90 (including Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men)) to 115 will cost 135168 iso8.png.
    • Bringing all 13-covered 3-stars at lvl 90 (including Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) and Magneto (Classic)) to 130 will cost 353400 iso8.png.
    • Championing the ones I have extra covers for will cost 3x 118705 iso8.png, for a total of 356115 iso8.png, but would give me 3 token_legendary.png.
    • Championing all 13-covered 3-stars would cost 1.398.645 iso8.png. Championing them would add 97500 iso8.png, for a total of 1.496.145 iso8.png, which obviously is out of the question...

I'm stuck icon_e_confused.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Champed Daredevil, Lil Pun, Doom and Mystique (all dummies I had sitting in my queue that I had not championed yet - still 7 more 3*s to go, if I care to bother) plus Elektra (had 3 covers for her) and Carnage (had 3 covers for him). With the LTs and CP I ended up getting from adding extra levels to dudes, I ended up with OML cover 11, and took him up to 420. Started with 1.2 mil (lvl 65 + 300K+ iso already stored) and went down to a little over 100K left.

I have two Daisy covers in queue and targeting her next. Thankfully I have 3 2*s ready to flip in case I need a quick influx of iso...
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Bohica666 wrote:
    460k after the influx.
    Got 13 3-stars (all lvl 90 except where noted) that could be championed (bold ones have a cover on the stack);
    • Beast (Classic)
    • Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    • Bullseye (Classic)
    • Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) lvl 105
    • Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
    • Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool)
    • Doctor Doom (Classic) lvl 130
    • Gamora (Guardians o/t Galaxy)
    • Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
    • Luke Cage (Hero for Hire)
    • Magneto (Classic) lvl 115
    • Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    • Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
    Also got 5 3-stars that are at 12 covers (all lvl 80), which will get their 13th cover (relatively) soon
    • Daken (Classic) > next cover on 08-31
    • Loki (Dark Reign) > next cover on 10-09
    • Mystique (Raven Darkholme) > next cover on 09-03
    • She-Hulk (Modern) > next cover on 10-05
    • Spider-Man (Classic) > next cover on 10-03
    • The Punisher (Dark Reign) > next cover on 09-11

Currently wondering what to do...
    • Bringing all 13-covered 3-stars at lvl 90 (including Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men)) to 115 will cost 135168 iso8.png.
    • Bringing all 13-covered 3-stars at lvl 90 (including Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) and Magneto (Classic)) to 130 will cost 353400 iso8.png.
    • Championing the ones I have extra covers for will cost 3x 118705 iso8.png, for a total of 356115 iso8.png, but would give me 3 token_legendary.png.
    • Championing all 13-covered 3-stars would cost 1.398.645 iso8.png. Championing them would add 97500 iso8.png, for a total of 1.496.145 iso8.png, which obviously is out of the question...

I'm stuck icon_e_confused.gif

Just champ a couple good 3*s and be frugal. Or maybe only magneto for now, and save ISO to champ the best boosted character each week if you don't already have a good boosted team ready.