Predict Your SHIELD Rank

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've spent some cash but am not out of the 3* transition so the cynic in me says 32.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm inclined to suspect a lot of us crazy vets are going to start out at level 65... Ideally we'd want to be as high rank as possible for the most rewards without hitting the 65 ceiling.

Keeping my fingers crossed for level 64. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm inclined to suspect a lot of us crazy vets are going to start out at level 65... Ideally we'd want to be as high rank as possible for the most rewards without hitting the 65 ceiling.

Really depends on how many total levels they planned out.

If 300+ then yes, most of us 1K+ vets will start at 65.

If 100, not so many.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    No 5*s
    18 4*s, most with 1 cover
    15 champed 3*s, missing 6 3*s
    9 champed 2*s, missing 5 2*s

Maybe level 5? icon_lol.gif

Oh, forgot about level 40 Juggs! Level 66! icon_cool.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards

What would be the downside to starting at 65?
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:

What would be the downside to starting at 65?

Yeah, I read that as no ceiling yet and there seems to be no downside to starting as high as possible since you're retroactively awarded everything you would've gotten by climbing up there. It just saves you time. Sounds perfect to me!
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I think without any real viable 4* and 5* it will be Level 29.
  • mikeylu
    mikeylu Posts: 15
    day 680s
    2 champed 5s most other 5s with at least 5-7 covers @ lvl 255
    14 champed 4s many more fully covered
    have every character in the game with at least one cover including B bolt and banner
    most 3s champed
    some 2s not champed as i recently sold their champ to re-farm

SHIELD guess: 54
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    R34, don't expect more icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez
    Here's my question... if 65 is the highest level we can start at, does that mean the megawhales are getting screwed, or does it mean they start at 65, and the rest of us start at 30 or under, and we won't reach 65 until our roster looks like theirs?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there should be a separate rank for those who have OML over level 350, and use him all the time. Preferably a circle of hell, where the only opposition you come across in PVP is other members of the same rank.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    I believe the answer to the great question is 42
  • simonsez
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I think there should be a separate rank for those who have OML over level 350, and use him all the time. Preferably a circle of hell, where the only opposition you come across in PVP is other members of the same rank.
    Hell? That'd be heaven, if I got to face comparable teams all the time, instead of teams that are usually better.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Hell? That'd be heaven, if I got to face comparable teams all the time, instead of teams that are usually better.

350 was an arbitrary choice. Getting quadruple-tapped (and counting) by a scum-sucking slimeball with OML and Phoenix both at 450+ was the trigger for my outburst.
  • IFORANI
    IFORANI Posts: 91
    Linkster.[/quote]
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Over 600+ days played mostly casual.
    A couple dozen championed 3*.
    Zero 4* even at 13 covers.

I'll guess at level 10.

Linkster.
    I'm exactly in the same area but im going with 10.5 because I'm sure this will be a grind of transition such as is 3 to 4 star. I can see the light of lvl 11.

Just as a quick question and strictly for laughs only, Why are the details so secretive? Must be to keep them from H.Y.D.R.A.!
  • bigkey
    bigkey Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    4 5* max 2 covers
    About 20 4* max 8 covers
    20 champed 3* and 3 champed 2*

I'd be happy with level 20!
    With the retroactive rewards, anything higher is a bonus!
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Here's my question... if 65 is the highest level we can start at, does that mean the megawhales are getting screwed, or does it mean they start at 65, and the rest of us start at 30 or under, and we won't reach 65 until our roster looks like theirs?
    Well, I don't know how you are classifying MegaWhales.

-My guess is the "Megawhales," which I am considering to only be about 10 people or so (people who -have one or more 550s... and multiple champ/max copies of all characters... we all know who they are mostly), will definitely be at 65.
    -Then I think the next tier of whales... those with all/almost all 4* maxed and one or two 5* around the 500 level will also be 65.
    -It's the next tier (the one I fall into) that I'm not sure about. People with most, but not all, of the 5* champed, but only ranging 450 - 475, and the majority, but not all, 3* and 4* champed. At first, I thought these wouldn't be lvl 65 because I was thinking only that top tier would be... but pretty much everyone seems more optimistic than me.

But to answer your question... even if all the above groups and then some start out at level 65... I don't see the MegaWhales as being screwed, for a couple of reasons.

First... if SHIELD rank becomes the new MMR (or a big part of MMR), then you probably don't want to be on a cloud all by yourself. It would actually be better to be in a category with a lot of other people.

Second... 65 is the max starting level. It's not like they are going to stop whaling... they will quickly move ahead of the rest of the pack anyway.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Complete speculation on my part:

I think levels will go quickly for new players in their first few months, to give them a sense of progression. 2* land would go up to about level 20, getting maybe a level or two a week.

The 2->3 transition, I'd want to incentivise people to champion 3's quickly, rather than soft cap all their 3*s at 100 or 120 or whatnot. I think by the time you hit 30, you'll have your first champed 3*s. By 40, champed 3's will be carrying your roster.

I suspect 50 is where you enter the land of the heavyweights. Players with lots of 4* champs, and of course playable 5*s. Players grandfathered in at 65 will have multiple champed 5*s.

Me, I have two dozen champed 3's and two maxed 4's. I'm guessing... 42. And my ISO dump will be around 80k.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    My level will be Eleventy Billion and I will get so much iso that it literally flows out of my iPhone.

Serious answer: I'd guess anywhere between high 30s and mid-40s.
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    LOL.

Most of the great people here will be 60-65, at least I wish them to be.
    For Me, I don't think I'll be level 65...

I'm more like Level : "The KING" or Lv. 9,999... lol