Predict Your SHIELD Rank

Comments

• westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Day 900 something
    all 1's covered
    all 2's max champed (I am flipping though)
    all 3's champed (vary between level 200 and 240)
    31 champed 4's (vary between 270 and 330)
    4/6 remaining 4's fully covered
    4 5's champed and all the rest range from 1 to 12 covers

I'm hoping for 65. Will level 65 be only given to the whaliest of whales? I hope not. Most players have no shot of ever having a roster that looks like KDN or DJ so I hope we aren't measured to them.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    After much programming and putting my supercomputer through grueling computation the answer I got, and the prediction I am going with, is....

• deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Day 100 something
    Most 2* champed
    Have most 3* but none champed, one with 12 covers
    Have a lot of 4* but not a lot of covers on them.
    Two 5*

Shield Rank : 18
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    edited August 2016
    Day 676
    12 champed 4*
    20 champed 3*
    9 champed 2* (and most cycling)
    All 3*-5* characters on roster except Black Bolt

I'm going to try to temper my expectations and say my SHIELD Rank will 28.

I have to believe that only rosters that are completely maxed out will be level 65 -- if even that -- otherwise there's no incentive to that tier. The SHIELD Rank system is not just a way to inject more rewards and excitement into the game, but also introduces a new hamster wheel for us to run on. If a lot of vets start right off the bat at or very close to 65, it would miss the opportunity to extend interest in the game for long-time vets who are looking for reasons to stay on the current hamster wheels.

The info on marvel.com states that SHIELD Rank will increase by buying packs -- presumably heroic and vault cover packs. Will this be grandfathered as well?

Edit: I may have made a bad assumption. It looks like Rank 65 is the maximum grandfathered rank, not the absolute ceiling. I went through this thought process before seeing the screenshot posted this morning.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I'm guessing that roster is not the only determinant. I would expect that event placement and reaching progression factors in, as does purchase history and VIP status. Maybe consistency in playing, even. Daily ISO earnings would be an interesting factor to add in, but not one I would expect.

I would guess high-50s for myself.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    18... the old number
  • 30 days playing, a smattering of characters of all *s, a few championed 2* and the remaining are more or less as I found them, with maybe 5 somewhat levelled.

I would guess 10-ish with the rank, mostly because early level gains are oftentimes faster than later ones, in various media.
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I will go with 41.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    I better be Level 65.

Might as well predict the sun is going to rise tomorrow morning, too.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I would say I am at 21. Because that's the legal age to drink and gamble in both Canada and the USA!

Really my rank is probably going to be quite low. I have very few covered 5* and a few max covered 4* but none max leveled. I have champed most 3* so 21 seems about right.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol @ colog - don't think you have anything to worry about there.

As for me, I'm on day 908 or something, so I've been around a long time. I've been f2p nearly the whole time, although I did throw some money ($50) at them for appreciation during one of the sales about a year ago. So I haven't exactly been buying packs, but for all the gameplay metrics I should be way up there. I should have my PHX championed in a couple days (910 gives my last cover!) and I have 12 covers for OML and 11 for SS. 10+ champed 4* and nearly all 3* champed as well (this will be finished soon). So, given those things, I am going to guess I will be at least 60, maybe 65. It's going to depend how much value they give to daily tasks versus the more "spending" aspects of it. Even if its small I have likely accomplished enough and played long enough to add up to a pretty high rank.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    You guys are more optimistic than me!

I may have low-balled at 48. I was comparing my roster to the very best out there.

7 champed 5* (max lvl 476)
    All but 6 champed 4* (max 365)
    All but 7 champed 3* (multiple 266s)
    Only 3 champ 2*
    A couple maxed 1*

...So maybe I'll be higher.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I think you'll be higher. You have a very complete roster and so do I which is what I was going for. Lots of people have whaled directly into the 5 star meta and it's not right or wrong but their rosters are usually very top heavy.

I'm proud of where my 3's are and overall I think it makes a difference in PVP when my 3 has over 30k health when boosted compared to 15 to 20K I see in a lot of my opponents. I'm not unbeatable but any little advantage helps.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I'll take my age. (40)
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I think people are overestimating the kindness of the creators. Here is how the ranking system works: You do stuff in the game, you rank up. Now if the max starting level is 65, and you don't have any ISO saved up or already leveled up most of your characters, it will actually be significantly harder for you to level up past 65. So while starting at 65 might be great for the initial rewards, it will then become harder for people that are truly past the level 65 rank in roster to level up, but got stuck there because of it being the max starting point.

Therefore, I think a larger number of people than expected will end up at rank 65 (from the forums anyhow). And you don't really want to start at rank 65, because as I mentioned, that means you are grew too strong prior to the update and threw away ISO and HP before you could maximize the rewards. I am guessing I will be high 50s.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    50? This guess looks low compared to some others that have guessed above, but I am always pessimistic on this kind of thing.

Roster slots: 106
    Champed 5*: 1 (10 on roster)
    Champed 4*: 11 (38 on roster)
    Champed 3*: 40 (40 on roster)
    Total levels on roster: 23995
    Total covers on roster: 1131
    Total days played: 886

Who knows which of those numbers goes into the equation and how much each one counts for.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    I'm going to guess around level 20. Detailed roster stats below:
    Total number of characters in roster 92 out of 108 85%
    Number of character championed 22 out of 108 20%
    Total number of covers for my roster 729 out of 1196 61%
    Total number of covers of possible 729 out of 1404 52%
    Overall level for my roster 8448 out of 27522 31%
    Overall level possible 8448 out of 31696 27%

1*
    Total number of characters in roster 1 out of 8 13%
    Number of character championed N/A
    Total number of covers for my roster 13 out of 13 100%
    Total number of covers possible 13 out of 98 13%
    Overall level for my roster 50 out of 50 100%
    Overall level possible 50 out of 380 13%

2*
    Total number of characters in roster 13 out of 14 93%
    Number of character championed 6 out of 14 43%
    Total number of covers for my roster 144 out of 169 85%
    Total number of covers possible 144 out of 182 79%
    Overall level for my roster 833 out of 1872 44%
    Overall level possible 833 out of 2016 41%

3*
    Total number of characters in roster 40 out of 40 100%
    Number of character championed 16 out of 40 40%
    Total number of covers for my roster 460 out of 520 88%
    Total number of covers possible 460 out of 520 88%
    Overall level for my roster 3755 out of 10640 35%
    Overall level possible 3755 out of 10640 35%

4*
    Total number of characters in roster 33 out of 37 89%
    Number of character championed 0 out of 37 0%
    Total number of covers for my roster 103 out of 429 24%
    Total number of covers possible 103 out of 481 21%
    Overall level for my roster 2520 out of 12210 21%
    Overall level possible 2520 out of 13690 18%

5*
    Total number of characters in roster 5 out of 9 56%
    Number of character championed 0 out of 9 0%
    Total number of covers for my roster 9 out of 65 14%
    Total number of covers possible 9 out of 117 8%
    Overall level for my roster 1290 out of 2750 47%
    Overall level possible 1290 out of 4950 26%
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Mohio hit the nail on the head. Only things like purchases have been mentioned by the admins so far and not any details on gaining xp from actually just playing the game. I'm a free player so on that basis my shield rank will be low.
  • ramoramo86
    ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    did they release how the rankings will be categorized or ranked? What does our ranking depend on? W/L Ratio? Characters? covers? time played? Everything?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    ramoramo86 wrote:
    did they release how the rankings will be categorized or ranked? What does our ranking depend on? W/L Ratio? Characters? covers? time played? Everything?

Nope, people's guesses in this thread are only slightly more educated than a random number generator. icon_lol.gif