Predict Your SHIELD Rank

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    ramoramo86 wrote:
    did they release how the rankings will be categorized or ranked? What does our ranking depend on? W/L Ratio? Characters? covers? time played? Everything?
    Quoting the article that is linked on the forum...

"This first version will give players Iso-8 rewards and access to different features. Players will gain XP from everyday actions like buying packs, and improving their roster by recruiting, leveling and championing characters. All existing players will be grandfathered in starting at the very least at level 5 which grants access to all the in-game features (Versus mode, Alliances, etc). Maximum players will be grandfathered into level 65 and gain all the rewards they would have gained the day they log into R108!"

This is why I mentioned how much weight these "everyday actions" would get. If leveling up takes 1000 points and buying a 40 pack gets you 1000 while buying a roster slot gets you 50 and championing a character gets another 50, and you only get 1 point per level in your characters, then obviously people spending money and buying 40 packs has a huge leg up in shield rank. If those values are more on par with each other then the advantage will be less and just playing longer and championing more characters will be able to make up for not spending as much (or any) money.

They don't mention things like "placing in top 10" or reaching full progression in gauntlet or seasons or boss battles, which would be cool features to add, kind of like an achievement system to help boost your rank. I'm sure with everything they reserve the right to add or remove things they've stated before, so it's still possible these things will matter.

Oh and all they mention is that "maximum players" will enter at level 65 and you can't be lower than level 5. Your guess is as good as anyone else's what they deem to be "maximum".
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Hmm... top character is a level 420 OML, no other levelled 5s, 13 champed 4s: I'm going to say that I'll be in the high 50s. My guess is that you'll blow through lower levels quickly, then slow down dramatically. If day 1 players with champed 5s are level 65, I expect to be behind them, but not by too much.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2016
    Update: good enough for level 59! Way higher than I thought, and way more iso than I thought, 700k!

530 days or so

No maxed 5s, highest is 7 covers on OML.

3 champed 4s. About 10 max covered 4s.

34 champed 3s. 4 more max covered.

3 champed 2s. No others permanently rostered.

Level 30 Juggs. No other 1s

I'm guessing level 30.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    ramoramo86 wrote:
    did they release how the rankings will be categorized or ranked? What does our ranking depend on? W/L Ratio? Characters? covers? time played? Everything?

Nope, people's guesses in this thread are only slightly more educated than a random number generator. icon_lol.gif

Naw, we have past precedent to inform us. I think you can even propose it mathematically.

x = % chance of D3 screwing us over
    y = % chance D3 will do something nice for us
    z = % chance D3 will make a decision based on how to impact their bottom line
    y-x-z = a, or total % of chance for positive (negative) outcome

Now we know being really low ranking or max ranking will be negative (low ranking means less immediate rewards, high ranking means you lose out on potential rank boosting rewards going forward). Therefore, being as close as possible but under 65 is the ideal rank, i.e. rank 64.

b therefore is the ideal multiplier to reach the ideal number. What is b? b is base roster strength. It is measured in a scale of 0-100, with each maxed character equaling 1 rank. Therefore, a person with 50 maxed characters would have b= 50.

a * b = 64

So going back to the beginning, I think we know with the least certainty that b is accurate, so we will leave that as the number to solve for, and try to come up with a.

x = 70%
    y = 50%
    z = 95%
    That leaves us with 50-75-95= -120% or -1.2 = a.
    So -1.2 * b = 64 means b is -53.

Therefore, based on my completely sound mathematical principles, you would need to actually have negative roster slots and characters in order to meet the maximum desired level of 64. I hope this clears things up for everyone.
  • pribian
    pribian Posts: 16
    I'm guessing about $40 away from being in a desirable rank.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Think 32 sounds about right.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm... I think I will be in the 40's.
    • All characters rostered except BB and JD from this month.
    • 2*s mixed between max champs, in-progress champs, and champs sold this week being redeveloped
    • All 3*s championed and ranging from levels 175 to 205.
    • Nine 4*s championed, twelve more with max covers.
    • 5*s with 1-6 covers, but not much leveling.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    For myself, 20.

I've got all but one of the 3* champed, but no champ 4*. I'm cycling 2*. 1* is Juggs with some placeholders. My only viable 5* is OML at 6 covers, which is awesome but not statistically significant.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    My S.H.I.E.L.D. rank...

my predicted S.H.I.E.L.D. rank...

is...

is...

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Able Seaman
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    SS champed, PHX @10 covers, OML @9
    16 champed 4*, most of the 4s cover maxed
    33 champed 3*, all covered

I'll say about level 51
  • Despite having been playing almost daily since close to launch, probably only going to sit at 35 from start.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Cycling all 2*'s
    All 3* champed,
    1 4* champed, 3 max covered
    Some 5*'s but nothing really usable
    And a jug

38. Tops
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    π, or maybe e.
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I'm gonna guess 25.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:
    I think people are overestimating the kindness of the creators. Here is how the ranking system works: You do stuff in the game, you rank up. Now if the max starting level is 65, and you don't have any ISO saved up or already leveled up most of your characters, it will actually be significantly harder for you to level up past 65. So while starting at 65 might be great for the initial rewards, it will then become harder for people that are truly past the level 65 rank in roster to level up, but got stuck there because of it being the max starting point.

Therefore, I think a larger number of people than expected will end up at rank 65 (from the forums anyhow). And you don't really want to start at rank 65, because as I mentioned, that means you are grew too strong prior to the update and threw away ISO and HP before you could maximize the rewards. I am guessing I will be high 50s.

I'm coming to a similar conclusion for a less-cynical reason. I think that putting a lot of veterans/whales on similar footing will provide a competitive reset of sorts, which might spur play and purchases. I think it's in their best interest to put a lot of folks at Rank 65, and let people scramble from their for rank.

On the other hand, the sudden influx of significant rewards might do ... odd things to the short-term economy.

There might be a lot of folks who wake up Tuesday morning in bed with a champed Chulk and a lifetime of regret. There's no Valtrex for the shame of champing Chulk.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    if we're getting rewarded or champions then I guess I'm a bit out of luck since I just recently sold off some maxed out 2*'s. I wonder if this system will account for duplicate champs.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    mohio wrote:
    Oh and all they mention is that "maximum players" will enter at level 65 and you can't be lower than level 5. Your guess is as good as anyone else's what they deem to be "maximum".

It's clear as can be. Those players whose initial shield rank will be 65 are maximum players. Level 65 players are awarded that initial rank because they are maximum players.

One of those circular definition. have fun chasing it!

I think it's just poor phrasing. They set a maximum initial level, and anyone whose shield rank evaluation exceeded whatever it takes to be at that max initial level are being referred to as "maximum players".

I really hope this becomes a running joke. "Hey bro, are you maximum enough yet?" or somesuch.

Maybe Maximum Player (Max Playa for short) will be an ingame character someday.

♬ Maaaaax Plaaaaaayer!
    He's the player,
    Whose roster you'd love to touch
    But you mustn't touch. ♬

maxplayer_zpsoe2wiymf.png
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Q - If I give "maximum effort" for 5 minutes can I be a "maximum player" too?
    A - Only if you observe international women's day
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I am going to predict 30. Have two champed 4*'s and somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 champed 3*'s.