Venom Bomb: Balance Changes

124»

Comments

• Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I would have prefered this event not been "balanced" and the scaling cap left in place.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Players never like feeders (I had same complaint yesterday as above comment - it's Moonstone node that was a paint). Feeders with Carnage (moreso than Venom) are even more annoying...but I think the most annoying is having to face Venom/Carnage/Feeder 6x Sub 3, then 12x Sub4...the worst in sub4 imo is double-feeder Carnage...so happy to have to face Carnage at super high levels -EIGHTEEN- times in that final sub!!!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    As some one who has a 420 Oml and a champ miles, this was a fairly easy event. In the past, the toughest part was taking hits from carnage red and venom green. They nerf them very hard when they took out the carnage red and gave only 1 cover to venom green.

Not that I am complaining, but it's a walk in the park for me (note that I am not trying for TOP 10, but just TOP 100.)

This is just......

"As someone who has millions of money in the bank, I find your mortgage is really easy to pay off every month!"
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Started the Moonstone - Bullseye - Mutation fight with my 2-3* transitioning roster. Make a match 3, they make a match 3 red which cascades in another red. I make another match 3. They fire off a photonic blast which brings my first dude to 10% of his health while their moonstone still has over 10K health. I retreat.

Fun!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started the Moonstone - Bullseye - Mutation fight with my 2-3* transitioning roster. Make a match 3, they make a match 3 red which cascades in another red. I make another match 3. They fire off a photonic blast which brings my first dude to 10% of his health while their moonstone still has over 10K health. I retreat.

Fun!

This is the one I was complaining about last page - imo this was the worst node in the entire run.

Nerf Moonstone! (Or just remove feeders, that would be fine)
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    atomzed wrote:
    As some one who has a 420 Oml and a champ miles, this was a fairly easy event. In the past, the toughest part was taking hits from carnage red and venom green. They nerf them very hard when they took out the carnage red and gave only 1 cover to venom green.

Not that I am complaining, but it's a walk in the park for me (note that I am not trying for TOP 10, but just TOP 100.)

This is just......

"As someone who has millions of money in the bank, I find your mortgage is really easy to pay off every month!"

You do know about scaling right? If I have higher level characters, my scaling will correspondingly be higher. In the previous run, venom bomb was very tough even with my roster because I am eating symbiote schyte every 3 turns... I need about one health pack every battle.

Would you rather faced the 5 red carnage and 5 green venom? I don't.

Can you say that it's harder facing the 0 red carnage and 1 green venom? Obviously not.

The nerf definitely makes it easier to play, and I am grateful for it. That doesn't mean that I didn't wipe... I still take substantial dmg on some nodes.

Edit: I wiped on the Drax node because they have a normal 5 green and 5 yellow venom. At level 377, venom green was doing 7180 dmg for green and 14247(!) for yellow. When you compare to the final mode where the level 392 venom has 1 green and 1 yellow cover, his green dmg is 749 dmg and yellow is 7711 dmg.

So tell me, will you rather faced the fully covered venom but at a lower level, or a higher level venom with a neutered roster? I think it's clear as day for me.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    No carnage red probably saved my bacon more times than I can count. Glad the first PvE I've decided to do in a year happened to be this one and it wasn't too hard.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last sub has correctly covered, nerfed Venom, so no more 10k damage on green.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    You do know about scaling right? If I have higher level characters, my scaling will correspondingly be higher. In the previous run, venom bomb was very tough even with my roster because I am eating symbiote schyte every 3 turns... I need about one health pack every battle.

Would you rather faced the 5 red carnage and 5 green venom? I don't.

Can you say that it's harder facing the 0 red carnage and 1 green venom? Obviously not.

The nerf definitely makes it easier to play, and I am grateful for it. That doesn't mean that I didn't wipe... I still take substantial dmg on some nodes.

Edit: I wiped on the Drax node because they have a normal 5 green and 5 yellow venom. At level 377, venom green was doing 7180 dmg for green and 14247(!) for yellow. When you compare to the final mode where the level 392 venom has 1 green and 1 yellow cover, his green dmg is 749 dmg and yellow is 7711 dmg.

So tell me, will you rather faced the fully covered venom but at a lower level, or a higher level venom with a neutered roster? I think it's clear as day for me.

Thing is, your scaling is slightly less of an issue since you have a high level, self healing OML busting the door down for you.

Sure, they made Carnage and Venom less horrible this time around, but the minions still hit hard; the Moonstone nodes hit hard because now they're feeding her instead of Carnage; Carnage is still annoying as hell to fight when he has to do his passive 1-5 times per turn; the selection of boosted characters this week is awful; the overall scaling fixes brought in a few events ago has been removed and set back way too high.

Overall they haven't improved this event, they've just asked if we'd like to be slapped with the left hand or the right hand.

My issue was pointing out that your amazing world destroying OML and championed Miles making this easy for you is very much *not* indicative of the rest of us who maybe don't have the best roster for this fight since the boosted characters this week aren't that great.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall they haven't improved this event, they've just asked if we'd like to be slapped with the left hand or the right hand.

Indeed, changing Carnage is treating a sympton of the problem rather than the disease that are feeder nodes, they seriously need to overhaul that system.

You could make goons do any of the following:

Use entirely different ap (slightly harsh as they won't benefit from cascades)
    Ensure they generate ap in a different colour from the non-goons so they cannot feed them
    Stop them generating ap while there is an active character on the team
    Only allow them to generate ap if there was a potential match for that colour on the board.

There are loads of options they could take that would cure the disease that are feeders which don't just involve neutering the active characters.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    I don't mind the difficulty, or the goons feeding AP. I just hate that I find the whole event unplayable.

Any node that has symbiotes will generally turn into 'banner for appetite for destruction', pause, appetite for destruction effect, pause, banner for chew the scenery, pause, chew the scenery effect, pause, opponent makes a match, pause, strike tiles effect, pause. Seriously the delay between making moves is completely infuriating, even in an easy match it just wastes so much time.

It's extra fun if Carnage gets involved and we have to see him spazzing out whenever a goon does a thing icon_lol.gif

i need a carnage spaz gif