Venom Bomb: Balance Changes

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings!

The dev team have made a few tweaks to the upcoming Venom Bomb event that we hope you'll find enjoyable. Here are details from Demiurge_Anthony:
    "In the upcoming run of Venom Bomb on August 25th, we have adjusted the power of Carnage and Venom. •
Carnage
    o In many instances, Carnage will have reduced power levels in his powers. Most notably, Carnage will not have the Symbiote Scythes power in any mission. o The Carnage Rules Power is limited to 1 power level.

Venom
    o In missions where Venom is part of a team that has Symbiotes in it, the Symbiotic Fury power will be limited to 1 power level."

Thank you and have fun out there!

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just linked this to my alliance line chat, cheering all around
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. I mean, it's small changes every time - but it's continued good, "quality of life" changes. Thanks!
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    holy carp, what???? icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

removing the cheese from venom bomb. im speechless.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is awesome news. Gotta say devs you really have stepped up the last couple of months. Things keep getting better, incrementally and consistently.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    This may not be the best change ever, but it's seriously going to contend for the top 5.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome job!!! It's nice not to be totally obliterated within just a few turns. Greatly appreciated.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    This is a great change! Venom Bomb has a cool story, so this should make it far more fun to play now combined with the recent symbiote rebalancing.

Thanks!
  • This is wonderful news! Moving in the right direction, who knows what we'll have next? *looking at you Juggernaut and your cheap powers*
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    That's great news! Thanks devs!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    While I do like that the craziness of Venom Bomb is being addressed, what level were these powers at that reducing them to 1 Power Level, or zero for Scythes, is still acceptable to fight against? Is this completely taking the teeth out of Venom or is he still just as potent at these levels? I don't want a cake walk by any means, but I do concede that the way Venom Bomb was originally was just way too much.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    This is wonderful news! Moving in the right direction, who knows what we'll have next? *looking at you Juggernaut and your cheap powers*

Hey! Back away from one of my all.time comic favourites!

I WILL BITE YOU IN THE TORSO AND GIVE YOU A DISEASE!

Back to the topic at hand: Thank you devs for making a drastic quality of life choice with a Story mode. It looks like player enjoyment has been the priority with that one icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I logged on to say I am impressed! Overall that's great news for the players. I do not play anymore but thank you for this change! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Can you do the same for Juggernaut too?! Can you stop goon AP feeding?

- Punisher out
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I appreciate the player friendliness and QoL aspect of this change I wonder if it misses the mark a bit. If Carnage or Venom are firing off skills that are too powerful all too often doesn't that mean you should address the underlying issues of 1) feeder goons and 2) still absurd scaling?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    giphy.gif
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Glossing over the real issue that is goons feeding ap. It's too much to just give the villains goons that don't produce ap of their color.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought this thread was going to be a reminder about the symbiote goon changes.

I was pleasantly surprised.

To those still complaining about feeder goons....why? If this change is positively received and they implement it across all events then who cares if the goons are feeding active powers. If those powers are weakened then it really doesn't matter. Take Headbutt, Chemical Reaction, Diabolical Plot, and Twin Pistols down to level 3 and let em have all the ap they want.
  • The Herald
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I thought this thread was going to be a reminder about the symbiote goon changes.

To those still complaining about feeder goons....why? If this change is positively received and they implement it across all events then who cares if the goons are feeding active powers. If those powers are weakened then it really doesn't matter. Take Headbutt, Chemical Reaction, Diabolical Plot, and Twin Pistols down to level 3 and let em have all the ap they want.

If they rebalanced old events to give workarounds to the feeder problem, then work out new events now fully aware of the issue so it doesn't happen again, then the problem IS solved :p
  • Talus9952
    The Herald wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

If they rebalanced old events to give workarounds to the feeder problem, then work out new events now fully aware of the issue so it doesn't happen again, then the problem IS solved :p

If they do that fine. But why even have the villain/hero there in the first place if they're not going to have powers? Just replace him with another goon.
  • The Herald
    Talus9952 wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

If they do that fine. But why even have the villain/hero there in the first place if they're not going to have powers? Just replace him with another goon.

They put them together with an intended challenge, then accidentally murdered us.

They've taken out the accidental stuff (Symbiote Scythes spam), and left the intended challenge (tile spam).
  • Talus9952
    The Herald wrote:
    Talus9952 wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

They put them together with an intended challenge, then accidentally murdered us.

They've taken out the accidental stuff (Symbiote Scythes spam), and left the intended challenge (tile spam).

Does not explain venom nerf. It's a bandaid to get around the ap feeding.