Venom Bomb: Balance Changes

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else notice any changes with the new difficulty levels?

My roster this week is weaker than the last few runs. But all the samd, I haven't noticed much change. Symbiotes are still very last when they get their special tile spawn + buff cycle rolling.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    That final node for the first sub event is level 334. Gotta take out a 25k HP Venom, a 20K HP mob and an...18k? HP Daken.

And my highest level boosted character this week is She Hulk at level 284, then it's Steve at level 278 and then I hit my championed 4*s. I've been trying to compete with Rhulk/Thoress/IM40 and even RHulk's green needs to be fired off 3 times to win.

I completed the node 4 times last night then tried to clear it three more times before it closed tonight, lost the first try hard, scraped by on the second and just "noped" my way to something else while I waited for the sub event to end.

I dread going up against the later fights. It's not the fight itself, it's the damn scaling. Fighting level 330+ enemies with my weak-**** 3*s (thanks again for the blanket nerf, the former darling of PvE, Steve Rogers, does a pathetic 5000 damage now) or my unboosted 4*s takes forever and on a bad board you just get stepped on.

[Edit] Completing the new sub event, the final node starts at level 177 rated Normal. In the previous PvE the final node was rated trivial, not even easy, when I first got to it. Scaling is all out of whack again and this sucks.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same position dragon nexus: none of my 4* champs are boosted this week.

Its absurd that my scaling is the same this event and last when I had 2 boosted 4* champs.

Boosted 4*s are so powerful now (literally 2x as good or better) that it's insane for the game to ignore that difference when calculating scaling.
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    When they last tweaked the mission difficulty in early August I wrote that it lowered my hardest node (after 4 clears) from 336 to 322. Now the hardest node in Venon Bomb (sub 2) is 337, so back to the old? I noticed the change during day 2 of Webbed Wonder as it reverted back to old times scaling. I have championed couple of 4-stars since early August, but it shouldn't matter as I have over 10 of them and it didn't have any influence on my scaling for couple of weeks.

It's weird that scaling doesn't recognise buffed characters as the difference in PVE difficulty is huge when the list of buffed 4-stars is not so good (like this week) vs when they are great (Rulk, JG, Iceman really make life easier). This week my highest hero fighting those 337 monsters is 302 LCap, followed by 292 Shulk), last week my XDP was something like 370 (fed by about 300 level IM40).

I've noticed earlier that scaling doesn't take account weekly buffed heroes, but it would be nice to know what's the reasoning for increasing the scaling. Is it intentional or was it some intern again? I don't mind changes that much if they were communicated properly.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    They have completely undone the scaling cap now. Its back to the old scaling again for no reason whatsoever.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    I have Carnage boosted, so obviously everything scales up. Only i won't be able to use him in some nodes.... and i wouldn't use him anyway cause my 7 yellow OML still can't transform and it's closing in on one year..

I tell a lie i used carnage and OML to suicide win one of the nodes that had scaled too high.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Greetings!

Venom
      o In missions where Venom is part of a team that has Symbiotes in it, the Symbiotic Fury power will be limited to 1 power level."
    [/list]

Thank you and have fun out there!

In the 3rd sub, Drax essential Symbiotic Fury is higher than 1 power level despite there being a Symbiote on the team. Does this rule only count if both teammates are Symbiotes?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Both this and Webbed Wonder appear to have been older system.

Mistake?

Stealth test to see if we notice, or if we would just magic feather our way through it?
  • Well, that explains my markedly diminished enjoyment of this event and the last because this scaling is really not working out in a fun way, like, at all. As a rather new player I thought is was only because I had the "fortune" of getting four 5*s and that alone would crush any hopes of a balanced game (out of the 4, one is actually usable in some nodes as a damage sponge).

So I can at least somewhat hope that the scaling will be looked at again.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    Both this and Webbed Wonder appear to have been older system.

Mistake?

Stealth test to see if we notice, or if we would just magic feather our way through it?

I think it must be an intentional change as this one scaled higher for me than Webbed Wonder despite my roster only having one character boosted over 300 this week compared with two last week.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's still a nightmare node, but much better! It would be better all around if the feeder just went away, but what can you do?

The node that I actually had the toughest time on: "Back on the Scene" had Bullseye making D tiles every purple match (and having only Phoenix and scaling so high I have to use her...can't avoid those matches....), and a Mutation powering Moonstone. How about fixing more Dark Avengers being OP when they get to be 350+ and have feeders?!? (Thinking about Juggy heroic and all those Ares nodes here as well....)
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I added a topic in the bugs section. Maybe if enough people add their experiences to it we could get an answer?
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    This event seems even slower than usual to make a move. By the time the symbiots have generated ap then placed there countdown or other tiles, then the board mover has had a go. It feels like forever between moves. With that and scaling it's an absolute nightmare.
  • Until now it was very hard. But now in sub 3 they are executing my characters. The symbiots are feeding Moonstone with red AP, Doc Ock with green, they are spawning so many swords, fists and shields... After five moves around 2k damage each round. How should I survive this with characters who have 10k HP or less??? My highest characters are 250 Johnny, 220 Wolverine and 218 Daredevil and I have no chance. I´m dead before I can even get enough AP for a single attack.

Horrible event.
  • So, I have done a few nodes in the 3rd sub and then looked at the remaining ones and decided that a game should be played for fun and entertainment; this event provides neither to me.

It's regrettable that the game does not have a casual mode just to play a little bit around, try under-covered heroes against low-level foes just to have some fun with them and look forward to later when they are better covered.

I would greatly prefer playing 10 minutes for 5 iso and have some fun along the way then suffer through this event.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    As some one who has a 420 Oml and a champ miles, this was a fairly easy event. In the past, the toughest part was taking hits from carnage red and venom green. They nerf them very hard when they took out the carnage red and gave only 1 cover to venom green.

Not that I am complaining, but it's a walk in the park for me (note that I am not trying for TOP 10, but just TOP 100.)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Drax node in sub 3 (Horror, Venom, Moonstone) is broken. Venom has green at level 5 instead of level 1
    0r4CcF9.jpg?1QSUmXvB.jpg?1
    should be this
    wHQQouP.jpg?1
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    When u thought Dev is kind enough to take away carnage red power, haha.. Now the horror is feeding moonstone... I get photon blasted 4 - 5 times in drax node... The horror never create its red countdown tiles... It sole purpose is only feeding moonstone... Crazy ****
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind the difficulty, or the goons feeding AP. I just hate that I find the whole event unplayable.

Any node that has symbiotes will generally turn into 'banner for appetite for destruction', pause, appetite for destruction effect, pause, banner for chew the scenery, pause, chew the scenery effect, pause, opponent makes a match, pause, strike tiles effect, pause. Seriously the delay between making moves is completely infuriating, even in an easy match it just wastes so much time.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Eddiemon wrote:
    I don't mind the difficulty, or the goons feeding AP. I just hate that I find the whole event unplayable.

Any node that has symbiotes will generally turn into 'banner for appetite for destruction', pause, appetite for destruction effect, pause, banner for chew the scenery, pause, chew the scenery effect, pause, opponent makes a match, pause, strike tiles effect, pause. Seriously the delay between making moves is completely infuriating, even in an easy match it just wastes so much time.

It's extra fun if Carnage gets involved and we have to see him spazzing out whenever a goon does a thing icon_lol.gif