MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2016 Edition *Updated (08/26/16)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on the pattern it will be iw, carnage, war machine and cho. I hope not though.
    Why not? Weak boosted characters means PvP gets fun since everyone plays different teams. PvE becomes a bit of slog though.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Based on the pattern it will be iw, carnage, war machine and cho. I hope not though.
    Well, based on the pattern it will definitely be Carnage and Invisible Woman. With them will be two of the following: Miles, Elektra, War Machine or Cho. Feel free to consult the Weekly Buffed Characters List icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Well, based on the pattern it will definitely be Carnage and Invisible Woman. With them will be two of the following: Miles, Elektra, War Machine or Cho. Feel free to consult the Weekly Buffed Characters List icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I think Cho is a lock, and I think War Machine is out since Peggy Carter was boosted this week. Miles and Elektra have been buffed together for two weeks, so I expect only one of them to appear. I'd prefer Miles since Venom Bomb gets a lot easier when you have a stunner on the team.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Why not? Weak boosted characters means PvP gets fun since everyone plays different teams. PvE becomes a bit of slog though.

Oh, are there more chars other than OML and PH ? icon_razz.gif
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

There's the greatest character of them all! Totally Doesn't Need A Rework Hulk!
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

In fourstar land? Absolutely. icon_razz.gif
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just noticed Earth's Mightiest being next. Please, please, have Peggy be buffed for that one.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(08/23/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest & Weekly Buffs.
  • The Herald
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*(08/23/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest & Weekly Buffs.

Thank you icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    4* - Carnage, Invisible Woman, Miles Morales, War Machine
    3* - Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Daredevil, Human Torch, Loki, Squirrel Girl
    2* - Ares, Wolverine
    1* - Iron Man, Storm

might actually skip a heroic. this could be the longest three day event ever.
  • The Herald
    Options
    ...Did we always have five boosted 3* characters? O.o
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) is one of the boosted in Earth's Mightiest. So, confirmation that the next pve event Venom Bomb is her release?
  • mpqq
    mpqq Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So, 3* HT is an essential for the upcoming Heroic: Oscorp and part of the list of the boosted characters. Not to mention the fact that the majority of the characters will have to fight over redtile.png. Are these oversights?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *(08/24/16) Hi-Fi - Updated link to Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) stats.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *(08/26/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events.

*Awaiting confirmation on the next DDQ & Weekly Buffs. I'll post 'em as soon as I have them, but that may not be until Monday.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *(08/26/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest & Weekly Buffs.

*Confirmations came back quickly. =)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hmm, rulk hood will be everywhere that week
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Required: Hulk (Totally Awesome)

Hi David, and others @ Demiurge!!

I implore you, unsarcastically/unironically -- please look at the completion stats for this Crash Of The Titans, even (especially) among those who have Cho max-covered. He's so frustratingly underwhelming to use -- "frustrating" in the sense that some great ideas are there, but with general implementation that is just too restricting, wonky, and weak. There've been so many fantastic ideas bandied about on this forum for possible ways to vastly improve him with just some minor tweaks.

"The Totally Awesome Hulk" has been one of the best Marvel books of the past year, in my opinion. I'd love for this game to do the character justice; not just for the sake of the character and whatever cross-media promotion that goes into launches like his, but for the overall health of the game. Even all the "low-tier" 4*s (e.g., Star-Lord) I enjoy using from time to time. Cho, though, in his current state, simply feels broken and unfinished -- truly an unpolished Bag-Hulk of a trophy character, doomed to warm the bench forever.

Thank you!,
    -M-
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    hmm, rulk hood will be everywhere that week

i think u mean to really say rulk/sw
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marc, the completion stats may not paint a very accurate picture of Cho's (lack of) power, because he's one of the characters who benefits from a nerfed opponent. Last time I won on the first try with a 2/3/5 Cho leveled below 110, and I expect the fight won't be changed this time around (in the same way that Rulk still faces as level 222 Hulk).