MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2016 Edition *Updated (08/26/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In August, 2016
(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

CHARACTERS
Stats for Black Bolt can be found here: ***** Black Bolt (Inhuman King) *****

Stats for Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) can be found here: ****Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)****

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Magneto - Magnetic Mayhem Capt. Marvel - Fly-Fight-Win

UPCOMING STORY EVENTS
    Oscorp: Heroic

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
    (08/26/2016) She-Hulk Deadpool Gamora Black Widow Loki Required: Hulk (Totally Awesome)
    (08/31/2016) Daken Squirrel Girl Doctor Doom Mystique The Hulk Required: Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    (08/25/16 - 08/31/16) 4* - Carnage, Invisible Woman, Miles Morales, War Machine 3* - Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Daredevil, Human Torch, Loki, Squirrel Girl 2* - Ares, Wolverine 1* - Iron Man, Storm
    (09/01/16 - 09/07/16) 4* - Elektra, The Hulk (Awesome), Red Hulk, Spider-Gwen 3* - Thor, Blade, The Hood, The Punisher, Vision 2* - Steve Rogers (Cap), Storm 1* - Black Widow, Juggernaut

*(08/02/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest.
*(08/08/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events.
*(08/09/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest & Weekly Buffs.
*(08/12/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest, Weekly Buffs, and Versus events. Added link to 5-Star Black Bolt stats.
*(08/16/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus and Story events. Updated DDQ 8/16 character list.
*(08/16/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Story events (again) and added 8/21 Deadpool's Daily Quest.
*(08/19/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events.
*(08/22/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events.
*(08/23/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest & Weekly Buffs.
*(08/24/16) Hi-Fi - Updated link to Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) stats.
*(08/26/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events.
*(08/26/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest & Weekly Buffs.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any chance Nova gets fixed before his boosted week?
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Grumpy, please excuse my ignorance, but what needs fixing with Nova? This is a question without sarcasm, I promise.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Grumpy, please excuse my ignorance, but what needs fixing with Nova? This is a question without sarcasm, I promise.

Apparently, one of his powers is currently busted (I forget which one off the top of my head).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    zonatahunt wrote:

Apparently, one of his powers is currently busted (I forget which one off the top of my head).

His red's broken. Not doing damage consistently and not recognizing others' black strike tiles when determining which version of red is in place.

I used him today for DDQ because someone in the bug thread said it was a goon-only issue, but I launched a goon and got the correct damage, then launched XDP and got nothing but the strike tile damage. It plays like a bad slot machine.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got to second what is said above - if he's not going to be fixed before boosted week please switch him out for another 4* - he's really fun to use and its massively unfair to burn his boosted week when he's so broken he can't reliably be used.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Any chance The Only Character that Matters that I see in 85% of matches gets a well deserved nerf before getting one of his low-AP best-buddies to go in every matchup with him?
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]...Wasp – Winsome, Lose Some...

AKA "You're supposed to lose"
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Any chance The Only Character that Matters that I see in 85% of matches gets a well deserved nerf before getting one of his low-AP best-buddies to go in every matchup with him?

Not clear that he needs a nerf relative to other 5*s. Several are arguably better than him already for single matches.

He is still 5* king because

(1) he's old (pun intended) so more people have covers, and
    (2) he circumvents the stupid health mechanics that are a big gate on playtime (that's not his fault, demi has setup competing game mechanics).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Not clear that he needs a nerf relative to other 5*s. Several are arguably better than him already for single matches.

He is still 5* king because

(1) he's old (pun intended) so more people have covers, and
    (2) he circumvents the stupid health mechanics that are a big gate on playtime (that's not his fault, demi has setup competing game mechanics).

So much this.

I would say in a vacuum, bringing OML down to Earth a little while the tier develops would be a good idea. However, this isn't a game of small constant tweaks. It's a game of drawn out, extensive overhauls.

It's basically XForce all over again. Yeah, in the time where 4* were scarce (like 5* now), he's king of the crowd. As the tier fills out, he's another (very good) face in the crowd, which is what XForce 2.0 would've been in today's game.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nova does convert correctly with Punisher strikes from his blue. It seems to just be oml's black that doesn't quite work right. That being said, I really hope his red is fixed before the next week. I did just max quake, but... nova is way more fun.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't have any boosted 4* championed this week, so it's slow rising for me to do pvp. I've been using RHulk, because he's a pain to fight.. there's a good chance all three of your characters will lose at least 3000 hit points, even if you win the match.

Next week though, I have just championed kingpin, so I guess he will be my boosted buddy!

I'd like to champion quake next, but it will take me many weeks of not playing much to get there icon_razz.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I've been using RHulk, because he's a pain to fight.. there's a good chance all three of your characters will lose at least 3000 hit points, even if you win the match.

Not when I play my boosted, champed Quake, we won't! icon_razz.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I can get a thirteenth cover for Quake this week I'll probably max and champion her...
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I open and read these version update threads hoping to see some sort of new gameplay announcement that will scream at me "Play this game again!". Yet all I ever see is very minor tweaks and yet even more characters adding to the same grinding repetitive nature of the game.

Please may we have the Puzzle or even Quest put into Marvel Puzzle Quest?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I open and read these version update threads hoping to see some sort of new gameplay announcement that will scream at me "Play this game again!". Yet all I ever see is very minor tweaks and yet even more characters adding to the same grinding repetitive nature of the game.

Please may we have the Puzzle or even Quest put into Marvel Puzzle Quest?

What really drew me into the original two puzzle quests was the RPG aspects of them - how you could use different characters with different play-styles (check here), and equip them to continually make them better without the game punishing you for that (HA HA HA! Imagine that.)
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For me it was the various uses of the same basic gameplay mechanics. Searching for treasure, bashing doors or disabling traps all used the same match 3 engine but in different ways and were very accomplished puzzle aspects that complimented the RPG elements. D3 Go! has been riding the coat tails of those early Infinite Interactive and Bandai Namco titles for way too long now and in my mind are on the verge of sullying their good names when it comes to the Puzzle Quest franchise.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had hope that Unstable ISO-8 and ISO-8 Brotherhood would earn double ISO-8 by default, considering those doubled it the last time they ran, and both (and Deadpool vs MPQ) center around ISO-8 it would fit thematically.
    But the peek here doesn't mention doubling, and I don't think they will do another double ISO event with little announcement here again.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Berserk Al wrote:
    I had hope that Unstable ISO-8 and ISO-8 Brotherhood would earn double ISO-8 by default, considering those doubled it the last time they ran, and both (and Deadpool vs MPQ) center around ISO-8 it would fit thematically.
    But the peek here doesn't mention doubling, and I don't think they will do another double ISO event with little announcement here again.

There is some hope. Last time the double ISO for Unstable was unannounced as well.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45117&hilit=June&start=100#p537029
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please fix Nova in a daily patch soon. His red for over a month has not recognized OML black strike tiles and now airborn is not doing the damage it is suppose to from the last patch. For those of us who can use him it is getting real frustrating to have a quality character sitting on the bench because of bugs in the game. If it was just the airborn bug not doing damage from this last patch I would be hopeful but Nova has had issues for over a month and no word on his fix yet and now you have a broken character being buffed for the week. Please fix him or rotate in another 4*.
  • Frankslovesyou
    Frankslovesyou Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Spider-Man - Webslinger
    Daredevil - Blind Justice
    Wasp – Winsome, Lose Some
    Captain America – First Avenger
    Sentry - Starfall

Isn't First Avenger Cap/Rogers the 5* version?