MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2016 Edition *Updated (08/26/16)

Options

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Venom Bomb

didnt we just have that
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Venom Bomb

didnt we just have that

Venom Heroic.

Different venous for a start :p

Although both have horrible Carnage Goon nodes icon_neutral.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Herald wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Venom Bomb

didnt we just have that

Venom Heroic.

I think the difference is in Venom Heroic it took your 5*'s out of the equation this time.

In Venom Bomb if I'm not mistaken there is that (those?) horrible Venom/Carnage node - no thanks.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Venom Bomb

didnt we just have that

Venom Heroic.

I think the difference is in Venom Heroic it took your 5*'s out of the equation this time.

In Venom Bomb if I'm not mistaken there is that (those?) horrible Venom/Carnage node - no thanks.

The very last node has Venom, Carnage, and a goon that feeds both of them.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least they downgraded the symbiotes a bit this time... It remains to be seen whether Venom Bomb is palatable or not though.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With the return of Duck Season, will we be seeing Howard in the vault on the 30th (after Ghost Rider)? I have a pretty good Savory vault right now and want to know if it would be worth cashing in or waiting until Howard is featured.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    With the return of Duck Season, will we be seeing Howard in the vault on the 30th (after Ghost Rider)? I have a pretty good Savory vault right now and want to know if it would be worth cashing in or waiting until Howard is featured.
    Hi-Fi said there are no plans for a Howard DDQ right now, so I don't think you need to wait.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(08/19/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1st pvp next season is a 4* howard the duck?
  • The Herald
    Options

I'm hoping this is a move towards 4* PVP, and greater integration of 4*s into the game as a whole.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    The Herald wrote:

I'm hoping this is a move towards 4* PVP, and greater integration of 4*s into the game as a whole.
    Last 4* rerun PvP was in April, so I guess we might have another for Christmas...
    I'd love it if Howard followed Peggy's example and had two fourstar covers as PvP progression rewards though...
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    The Herald wrote:

Last 4* rerun PvP was in April, so I guess we might have another for Christmas...
    I'd love it if Howard followed Peggy's example and had two fourstar covers as PvP progression rewards though...

There's more to it than that. The last 4* rerun, IIRC, was Elektra around the launch of Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix (IIRC, they ran Daredevil, Elektra and Punisher PvPs the week of release). The only thing I can think of coming up is that they may re-run Quake for the premiere of the new season of Agents of SHIELD.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    not looking forward to buffed 4*'s and 2 maxed 5*'s pvp's. too much of a health pack sink and also long fights. i think only one that would like the idea of 4* PvP's are ones with maxed out 5*'s. if they were to not allow 5*'s in pvp, i think some would change their tune.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is anyone seeing a preview for the next PVE event? Shouldn't it be starting in 8 hours?

Also, I think it's supposed to be Webbed Wonder. Isn't that a 3-day event? Maybe it won't start until Monday and there will be a "day off" on Sunday?
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    Sluggo wrote:
    Is anyone seeing a preview for the next PVE event? Shouldn't it be starting in 8 hours?

Also, I think it's supposed to be Webbed Wonder. Isn't that a 3-day event? Maybe it won't start until Monday and there will be a "day off" on Sunday?

slice one should be starting now. an actual pve break. communication at its finest.

enjoy the day off everyone!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The Herald
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Sluggo wrote:

slice one should be starting now. an actual pve break. communication at its finest.

enjoy the day off everyone!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

I would rather have something to do today icon_neutral.gif

Could join Nefarious Foes early, and get smashed into negative rating by 5* Goblins, but that's not my idea of fun icon_neutral.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(08/22/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events.

Waiting on confirmation for next set of DDQ & Buffs. Will post those as soon as I'm able.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*(08/22/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events.

Waiting on confirmation for next set of DDQ & Buffs. Will post those as soon as I'm able.

Thanks for this communication! I was going to ask about boosts since they change in just a few days. But I don'thave to because hi-fi has proactively been awesome!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on the pattern it will be iw, carnage, war machine and cho. I hope not though.
  • The Herald
    Options
    Based on the pattern it will be iw, carnage, war machine and cho. I hope not though.

Cho is love.

Cho is life.