**** Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) ****

Options

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black looks rather scary. Not off of its base value per se, but moreso because it's almost impossible to tell how it's going to interact with a lot of different things.

If colossus tile is out, and it reduces it by 50%, then she jumps in, do we go off of the base value or the reduced value? What about Shadowstep? If electra would be punched and nullifies the damage, does spider woman still jump in? If so, does she soak the base of the hit or the muffled one?

What about XFDP, does his enforcer trigger off of base value even if she negates it?

There's also things like if she will take a stun from a move or if it'll work in the way that 3* deadpool works where he takes the damage but leaves the debuff on the one who got hit and stuff like that.

70% reduction isn't anything to sneeze at though, especially when playing against AI. It's not hard to tell when Ice Man is going to punch a snowman, and reducing that by 70% is probably great.

EDIT:

Her and Quake make a perfect rainbow. Now that seems like a pain.
    Can't do AoE damage worth much of anything, can't do single-target damage worth much of anything.
  • d3guser
    d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sadly, I do not see her being used mostly in PVE cause black is the only colour that can be used and that too a defensive skill.

And in PVP also, Purple will remove strikes but not damage enemy. Traps are inconsistent and enemy have to match it which totally ruins the damage potential.
    Traps could have been designed like Daredevil/ Electra's with a bit of utility.

Better reds in 4* world and 14 AP is very costly with no AP generation skills.

Any synergy with existing characters that someone can think of in PVE / PVP???
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As someone said above Quake looks like a good pairing. I think Iceman is a good pair as well. Iceman brings blue and green, SW brings purple and black. IM40 would be a good 3rd, in pve at least.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    purple is good or ok (depending the color of the traps)
    I'm assuming purple, which means bullseye will overwrite them, which eliminates a heck of a lot of the PvE nodes where you might've wanted to use her.
    Well she does have 2 versions for her purple, you know. Instead of using the traps, you'd just do the special tile elimination. She's still very useful in pretty much all of PVE.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Drew/Carter/Iceman

You won't be able to even match damage Captain Carter down to lower AP costs. Meanwhile, Iceman is setting up Whiteout and stun-nuke or team stun without a worry.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Added to the Character Compendium.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why are some people thinking her black is that good? It's only a 4 turn countdown, and it'd take a while to get it off. It's basically a worse version of Elektra's black (because it does no damage), and similar to Colossus' yellow. I don't recall anyone ever getting too excited about those two.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Why are some people thinking her black is that good? It's only a 4 turn countdown, and it'd take a while to get it off. It's basically a worse version of Elektra's black (because it does no damage), and similar to Colossus' yellow. I don't recall anyone ever getting too excited about those two.
    Colossus is probably the better comparison since you can just not target Elektra. Colossus just reduces damage by 50% flat though while Spider-Woman (at max) completely ignores most damage, and even big attacks are reduced by 70%. Don't you Think that could be useful?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Colossus is probably the better comparison since you can just not target Elektra. Colossus just reduces damage by 50% flat though while Spider-Woman (at max) completely ignores most damage, and even big attacks are reduced by 70%. Don't you Think that could be useful?

When used by the player: yes. When used by the AI, there is a 90% chance it will be useless. And remember, dealing damage always is better than defense. There is a reason the Thing is considered a 3rd rate 4 star.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

When used by the player: yes. When used by the AI, there is a 90% chance it will be useless. And remember, dealing damage always is better than defense. There is a reason the Thing is considered a 3rd rate 4 star.
    Wait what? Most people have Thing as one of the best 4*s in the game I thought.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Nope. I champed him and never use him. He deals no damage. I would only use him in PVE and even then only certain enemies. Whenever I see someone with the Thing in PvP, I attack them. Only exception is when paired with Deadpool.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

lol. Someone was trolling you.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black looks good for PVE: are they going to hit hard on the next turn? Not any more! Too bad it's a waste of AP on defense.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

I cri everiteim icon_e_sad.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

I cri everiteim icon_e_sad.gif
    I'll have whatever he's having...
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Wait so is Mr. Fantastic also not good? I was lead to believe he was good because Thing was good and he helps fuel thing with his ability.
    icon_neutral.gif Don't answer that because I feel like I know the answer and my bad memory is getting the better of me.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Now that she's available as a loaner, I think she'll be a very useful (but a bit niche) PvE character. Her purple is cheapish and removes countdowns. Not that goon nodes are that tough but pairing her with SWitch will mean you can blow through any goon nodes without breaking a sweat.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that she's available as a loaner, I think she'll be a very useful (but a bit niche) PvE character. Her purple is cheapish and removes countdowns. Not that goon nodes are that tough but pairing her with SWitch will mean you can blow through any goon nodes without breaking a sweat.

I can't imagine that she would replace Teen Jean as a pair-up with SWitch. For 2 more AP, JG will remove just as many special tiles and do a 4K AoE as well.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Right, she's clearly inferior to Teen Jean. I just didn't expect special tiles to mean all of them unless specifically stated. 3/5/5 would have niche usefulness against feeder nodes if you don't have a better red user.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Orion wrote:

I can't imagine that she would replace Teen Jean as a pair-up with SWitch. For 2 more AP, JG will remove just as many special tiles and do a 4K AoE as well.

I dunno man, she gets rid of tiles and also does AoE AND can negate damage. Think of the healthpacks you'll save.