**** Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited February 2017 in Character Details
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) SpiderWoman_icon.PNG
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 14956 Tile Damage: 13/65/11/74/12/83/4.0x
    Seeking Redemption - 8 blacktile.png AP
    Spider-Woman jumps headlong into battle to aid her friends, darting around and deflecting attacks. Place a 4-turn Countdown tile on the board. While active, Spider-Woman intercepts targeted attacks, resisting 10% of damage dealt. If the attack is below 584 damage, she dodges, resisting 75% of damage.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Resists 20% damage. If under 712 damage is dealt, resists 80% damage. Level 3: Resists 30% damage. If under 835 damage is dealt, resists 80% damage. Level 4: Resists 50% damage. If under 1110 damage is dealt, resists 95% damage. Level 5: Resists 70% damage. If under 2570 damage is dealt, resists 100% damage.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Resists 30% damage. If under 1626 damage is dealt, resists 85% damage. Level 4: Resists 50% damage. If under 2160 damage is dealt, resists 95% damage. Level 5: Resists 70% damage. If under 5003 damage is dealt, resists 100% damage.

To Love and Fear - 8 purpletile.png AP
    Spider-Woman releases pheromones that bend enemies to her will, rendering her prey helplessly infatuated or mortally terrified. If Love is chosen, removes up to 1 enemy special tile. If fear is chosen, creates 3 hidden Trap tiles that deal 1047 damage if matched by the enemy.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Removes 2 special tiles or creates 3 1466-damage Trap tiles. Level 3: Removes 3 special tiles or creates 3 1885-damage Trap tiles. Level 4: Removes 5 special tiles or creates 4 2042-damage Trap tiles. Level 5: Removes 6 special tiles or creates 4 3288-damage Trap tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Removes 3 special tiles or creates 3 3670-damage Trap tiles. Level 4: Removes 5 special tiles or creates 4 3976-damage Trap tiles. Level 5: Removes 6 special tiles or creates 4 6402-damage Trap tiles.

System Shock - 14 redtile.png AP
    Spider-Woman unloads her stored bioelectricity on the enemy team, dealing 954 damage to the target, dealing 204 damage to all other enemies, and stunning a random enemy for 1 turn.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 1488 damage to target and 296 damage to other enemies. Stuns random enemy for 1 turn. Level 3: Deals 1679 damage to target and 335 damage to other enemies. Stuns random enemy for 2 turns. Level 4: Deals 2700 damage to target and 557 damage to other enemies. Stuns random enemy for 2 turns. Level 5: Deals 4446 damage to target and 910 damage to other enemies. Stuns random enemy for 3 turns.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 3270 damage to target and 651 damage to other enemies. Stuns random enemy for 2 turns. Level 4: Deals 5258 damage to target and 1084 damage to other enemies. Stuns random enemy for 2 turns. Level 5: Deals 8658 damage to target and 1771 damage to other enemies. Stuns random enemy for 3 turns.

Comments

• We_are_Venom
      We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
      Weird. Powerful 1 star.
    • Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      Weird. Powerful 1 star.
      I don't think it's a one-star, they just aren't releasing the star level at this point.
      Most likely scenario is Spider-Man as a fourstar and Black Bolt as a fivestar though.
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
      Her icon looks very good!! Powers look interesting. Looks like red can stun 2 people and purple is a special tile creator. I wonder if it will be a unique tile or something already in the game.
    • mckauhu
      mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
      Four star definitely her prevention of damage reminds of Elektras though except doing it for allies too... Sweet
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
      mckauhu wrote:
      Four star definitely her prevention of damage reminds of Elektras though except doing it for allies too... Sweet
      It also could be more like Colosus yellow but better. I can see depending on how many covers it will reduce a certain percent of damage. At 5 covers it might go to 90-100% or be a set number. Electras black actually does damage back so by being a CD it feels more like colosus but better.
    • Dayv
      Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
      Cthulhu wrote:
      :spiderwoman: Spider-Woman SpiderWoman_icon.PNG
      Pre-release ability précis:
        Damage - 9 AP - Place a 4-turn countdown tile on the board. While active Spider-Woman intercepts attacks resisting or reducing damage dealt.
        Two ways this can go:

As covers increase, "reduce" moves to "resist", but that might be a bit excessive. Imagine even a 2-turn countdown that resist all damage.

I suspect it's something more like "resists attacks below X damage, and reduces other damage by Y%". Depending on level scaling, length of countdown, and number of covers, there's a ton of variables to tweak there to make this a solid but not gamebreaking defensive skill.
      • d3guser
        d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
        Damage/Special Tile - 14 AP - Spider-Woman unloads her bioelectricity dealing damage to all other enemies and stunning them.

14 Red AP is too much regardless of the power.
        With out AP generation like LThor/rulk/gsbw or AP reduction like Gwen, how are we going to earn these many?

Devs can be maintain the balance by reducing the damage proportional to AP.
      • mckauhu
        mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
        wymtime wrote:
        mckauhu wrote:
        It also could be more like Colosus yellow but better. I can see depending on how many covers it will reduce a certain percent of damage. At 5 covers it might go to 90-100% or be a set number. Electras black actually does damage back so by being a CD it feels more like colosus but better.

That definitely could be didn't thought of that
      • Berserk_Al
        Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
        With those colors, I could use her with IM40 and Quake. Her black with Quake's yellow should be interesting, too.
      • veny
        veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
        Hm... she seems to be powerful... i hope we wont get another 5* spider-whatever.
      • jobob
        jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
        DayvBang wrote:
        Cthulhu wrote:
        :spiderwoman: Spider-Woman SpiderWoman_icon.PNG
        Pre-release ability précis:
          Damage - 9 AP - Place a 4-turn countdown tile on the board. While active Spider-Woman intercepts attacks resisting or reducing damage dealt.
          Two ways this can go:

As covers increase, "reduce" moves to "resist", but that might be a bit excessive. Imagine even a 2-turn countdown that resist all damage.

I suspect it's something more like "resists attacks below X damage, and reduces other damage by Y%". Depending on level scaling, length of countdown, and number of covers, there's a ton of variables to tweak there to make this a solid but not gamebreaking defensive skill.
          One more option... It could reduce or resist based on types of damage. e.g. resist all damage from enemy strike tiles like BSS with 5 purple, and reduce all other incoming damage by x%. Or resist match damage and reduce power damage, etc.
        • cardoor
          cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
          Cthulhu wrote:

Damage/Special Tile - 14 AP - Spider-Woman unloads her bioelectricity dealing damage to all other enemies and stunning them.

Why is the word "other" included, does that usually mean something? Not sure why it would not just be "dealing damage to all enemies". A full enemy team stun would be awesome but puzzlequested by the word "other".
        • Mawtful
          Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
          cardoor wrote:
          Cthulhu wrote:

Why is the word "other" included, does that usually mean something? Not sure why it would not just be "dealing damage to all enemies". A full enemy team stun would be awesome but puzzlequested by the word "other".

I'm almost certain that this ability will not deal damage to the enemy that you have selected - only to the other enemies on the team. That doesn't fill me with confidence for poor Jessica. There have been some issues with the wording on these previews before, so I guess I'll just have to wait until the full details are revealed.
        • smoq84
          smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
          Mawtful wrote:
          cardoor wrote:
          Cthulhu wrote:

I'm almost certain that this ability will not deal damage to the enemy that you have selected - only to the other enemies on the team. That doesn't fill me with confidence for poor Jessica. There have been some issues with the wording on these previews before, so I guess I'll just have to wait until the full details are revealed.
          In other words it means this skill does nothing if only one enemy left.
        • FierceKiwi
          FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
          Mawtful wrote:
          cardoor wrote:
          Cthulhu wrote:

It's poorly worded in the extreme in this case. And it's unfathomable as to why. Typically it makes at least some sense since they have to take the in-game text and strip out all mentions of things like "Spider-Woman", "bioelecticity", or "her" to avoid "spoiling" the character. But in this case they've already said who the character is. Why try to hide what the ability does? Just take the in game text and post it. But apparently we must make everything rocket surgery.
        • Bowgentle
          Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
          FierceKiwi wrote:
          But apparently we must make everything rocket surgery.
          Like, transplanting an organ into a Patriot missile?
          I like it.
        • JangoLore
          JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
          Bowgentle wrote:
          FierceKiwi wrote:
          But apparently we must make everything rocket surgery.
          Like, transplanting an organ into a Patriot missile?
          I like it.
          Or surgically replacing someone's feet with thrusters!
        • JFisch
          JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
          Mawtful wrote:
          cardoor wrote:
          Cthulhu wrote:

Maybe it does two different damage amounts, similar to Call the Storm. It's either that or a strange power that does nothing to the main target whatsoever.
        • Cthulhu
          Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
          cardoor wrote:
          Cthulhu wrote:

Edited, I tried to get this out and rushed it before my flight to gencon last week. She damages the whole team and stuns one of them randomly.
        • Black Duke
          Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
          Any guess when she`ll be released?