Massive kick in the teeth

Comments

• RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    With the 1 blue & 1 pink from Ultron my PX will be max covered. The first 4* I'll have fully covered, so it sure isn't a kick in the teeth to me.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:
    rumor has it that the whales are about to go on strike...
    What are their demands? Serious question...

My understanding is they would like better customer service, but they would be better explaining it as I've become f2p after my last miserable customer service situation.
  • Ulizeus
    Ulizeus Posts: 35
    Day 246 here, prefer px covers than elektra, hotdog hulk, iw, mr f so I don´t see your point.

They can easily check who have px full covered and champed anytime, but if they use some rules on how to pick 4* prices I don't think thay are going to change it just because 10% players don't want to keep leveling his px. If he's a bad char as anyone says, stop using winfinity icon_razz.gif
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Well.

If anyone has ever wondered why devs have decided to all but drop communication entirely on this forum, just read all the tinykitty whinging in this thread. Get over yourselves. You are not a special snowflake. Other people play this game. Plenty need rewards that you don't even blink at.

I'm a 800+ day veteran who finds winfinite to be lazy and softcapping to be a.. kitty move. And I'd love all those PX covers everyone is having a tizzy fit over. Especially blue. GIVE ME ALL THE BLUE.

*cough*
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once you're in 5* land, most 4*s become vending machines that spit out LTs, CP, ISO and HP.
    So I'll take the 3 PX champion levels, just like I would have taken Craptain, Elektra and Antman.

Seriously, relax.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Personally, these are useless for me and my purposefully 5 4 4 soft-capped at Level 165 Prof X.
    This is for Charlie's Angles purposes, and with the new PVE scaling that will most certainly never change. The only difference would be to maybe change him to 5 3 5 so that I would get that Strike Tile for every GSWB Purple I cast.
    I suppose there are some player that could use him still though, so for me personally it's a bit of a bummer that they didn't choose one of the most 4 or 5 recent 4 Star releases, like they do for the Season Sim final Progression Reward (remember the hate on here when that one season it was briefly a Yellow Xforce?).

The bigger thing I thing all players should unite about is the reward structure in general, and how there are noticeably less tokens, HC, & ISO than any run of this event has ever seen. For what will probably be a much more difficult run of this event since Ultron can now make matches, this is by far more annoying. Notice we got nothing to offset this. Again, even though nobody "complained" it was too easy, they made something most thought got too hard at the top end even harder.
    HaywireII wrote:
    That said, don't a lot of people keep a second Prof X so that you can champ one and keep one underleveled? I had thought that there would be less grumbling about Prof X rewards.

Maybe if by "a lot of players" you mean those in the "Saudi Prince Whale" tier.

Not taking a shot at you, just that my guess is a very small fraction of the player base has all of the 4 Star Championed in order to afford this luxury.
    Hell, I've been playing daily for almost 2 years, and I have only about 6 champed 4 Stars, and the rest are not even fully covered (though many of the older ones are close). Short answer, I suck at hitting 1K in PVP and am not in a top tier alliance that gets cover rewards. Long answer, if even my roster is not close to having most or all 4 Stars champed (not trying to be all big balled, just that my roster is probably well above average), then my guess is most the player base isn't close either.

This forum definitely skews the thoughts of what an "average" player's roster is.
    It would be interesting to know the REAL average roster; not just those on this forum, but the entire player base. My guess is it's a roster with maybe about 10 to 15 champed three stars, and about 3 or 4 usable 4 Stars.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be interesting to know the REAL average roster; not just those on this forum, but the entire player base. My guess is it's a roster with maybe about 10 to 15 champed three stars, and about 3 or 4 usable 4 Stars.
    Lol.
    The average roster across the whole playerbase is in the 2-3* transition, nowhere near useable 4*s.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Lol.
    The average roster across the whole playerbase is in the 2-3* transition, nowhere near useable 4*s.

Heh, you're probably right.
    Again, my comment of "This forum definitely skews the thoughts of what an "average" player's roster is." applies to me as well I'm sure...
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    HaywireII wrote:
    That said, don't a lot of people keep a second Prof X so that you can champ one and keep one underleveled? I had thought that there would be less grumbling about Prof X rewards.

Maybe if by "a lot of players" you mean those in the "Saudi Prince Whale" tier.

Not taking a shot at you, just that my guess is a very small fraction of the player base has all of the 4 Star Championed in order to afford this luxury.

No offense taken. I wasn't trying to imply that a lot of players have Prof X champed; I had just imagined that people who had Prof X max covered would scrape up 1000 hp to start a 2nd one instead of letting extra blue and purple covers sell off for 1000 ISO. This event should just max cover my Prof X and I expect that I will see more covers for him long before I even think of champing him. I just don't see myself in a situation where I'll be upset about a chance to get 3 more covers for him.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    D3 probably looks at how many people clear the nodes when the reward is a crit boost and since so many competing people do clear the nodes, they must really like the crit boost reward, no?

So much would have to be different about this game if only someone with a say was actually playing it.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    HaywireII wrote:

No offense taken. I wasn't trying to imply that a lot of players have Prof X champed; I had just imagined that people who had Prof X max covered would scrape up 1000 hp to start a 2nd one instead of letting extra blue and purple covers sell off for 1000 ISO. This event should just max cover my Prof X and I expect that I will see more covers for him long before I even think of champing him. I just don't see myself in a situation where I'll be upset about a chance to get 3 more covers for him.

I'm not a whale but i max covered Xavier twice by now and sold some covers too. Seeing the many 4star additions they made lately i think it would be a lot better if the reward was one of the guys who haven't been in the game for a year.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm closing in on day 800, and my Prof is a mere 2/2/1. What a kick in the teeth indeed!
  • auralgami
    auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    The bigger thing I thing all players should unite about is the reward structure in general, and how there are noticeably less tokens, HC, & ISO than any run of this event has ever seen. For what will probably be a much more difficult run of this event since Ultron can now make matches, this is by far more annoying. Notice we got nothing to offset this. Again, even though nobody "complained" it was too easy, they made something most thought got too hard at the top end even harder.

I just really wanted to see this again. Amen.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I think people are just disappointed not to see a new boss event.

I'd like to see a new story line that follows from one event to the next. Like an annihilation or secret wars or something. Culminating in a big boss fight like ultron/galactus...

With lots of iso and special 50 hp/day event tokens for a mega vault that lasts the whole story line with a couple 5* thrown in too. Make it 300 items like a taco vault.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    It just seems odd that they would have such an old 4* as the rewards for this event, rather than one that most people wouldn't have covered already.

If they were handing out 3 Peggy covers, people would say it was the best event ever.

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT NOW I'M THINKING ABOUT IT YOU CRUEL TEASE
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    auralgami wrote:

I just really wanted to see this again. Amen.

Except that who here is really going to complain that things are too easy? Or, more to the point, people are much, much more likely to complain when they think things are too hard than they are when they're too easy.

Now, all that isn't to say that things are perfect right now. But you can't gauge that solely based on whether or not people are complaining.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except that who here is really going to complain that things are too easy? Or, more to the point, people are much, much more likely to complain when they think things are too hard than they are when they're too easy.

Now, all that isn't to say that things are perfect right now. But you can't gauge that solely based on whether or not people are complaining.

Honest question: Has anyone ever complained that things were too easy? I have been browsing this forum for a long time, and I don't think I've ever seen anything that qualified as a complaint that it was too easy.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:

Honest question: Has anyone ever complained that things were too easy? I have been browsing this forum for a long time, and I don't think I've ever seen anything that qualified as a complaint that it was too easy.

That's kind of my point. I've seen the sentiment multiple times (not just about Ultron, but about other changes as well) where people say "Why did they make this harder? No one was complaining that it was too easy". That's because no one is going to complain about things being too easy, they'll just play it and not say anything about it, for the most part.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Most people aren't going to get the round 6-8 rewards anyway, so it isn't like the average player is really affected by what those rewards are. Heck, most people aren't even in alliances with 19 other active players, and will be lucky to clear round 4.

I remember last time Galactus ran, it was my first boss event, and I was in an alliance that barely squeaked past round 4, and was super frustrated by it until I saw the final standings and noticed we were still in the top 10%.
  • As a 3 star newbie, I'd love to have some ProfX covers, already have two.