Massive kick in the teeth

action711
action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So they just release a new 5-star, exciting stuff!

And then they announcle a boss battle event, exciting stuff!

And then they release the rewards for the boss battle event - Prof X and critical boosts..

ARE YOU TINYKITTY KIDDING ME?

It seems like the rewards for this event are the lowest they could possible give.

Comments

• Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Value of rewards is subjective. what is not valuable to you may be for someone else, and vice versa.

crit boosts do suck though. I think a fair replacement would be color boost. or a compromise might be replacing the crit boost reward with a random draw of any boost type. that way crits are still in play, but you have an equal shot at something actually valuable.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    There has been no indication that crit boosts will ever be removed, so until that announcement comes, having them in the rewards structure is not a downgrade, it's status quo. And seriously? PX the worst it can get? How's the weather in that bubble you live in?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Value of rewards is subjective. what is not valuable to you may be for someone else, and vice versa.

crit boosts do suck though
    Best unintentionally ironic post I'll see all day...
  • simonsez
    Meander wrote:
    There has been no indication that crit boosts will ever be removed, so until that announcement comes, having them in the rewards structure is not a downgrade, it's status quo.
    So as long as it's the status quo, everything is a-ok and there's no reason to complain?

Tell me, which 1970's Soviet bloc country did you grow up in?
  • Meander
    Also, people need to get over the whole "Hand out 5 stars" mantra. Just because a new 5* was released (btw, from what I hear, a particularly bad one) does not mean that the game is obliged to reward you with one. Remember that Civil War was a special event, and is not the expectation. Banner is now the 8th 5*, and only 2 have had a special release.
  • simonsez
    Meander wrote:
    Boop
    Nice batch of word salad to distract from the fact that, "We shouldn't complain about what's always been" is an absurd position to take, and is completely antithetical to human nature...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nobody in the thread asked for 5* rewards. I don't even remember people suggesting a 5* reward in the announcement thread. OP was using the excitement of the Banner release and the boss battle announcement as a counterpoint to the letdown of the Ultron rewards.

And critical boosts do suck. It's been pointed out repeatedly since they became a staple reward, and yet nothing's been done about it. The current level of frustration isn't merely a reaction to crit boosts being a reward. It's a reaction to the total lack of response on the part of the dev team.
  • Meander
    turul wrote:
    5*Hulk cover for final alliance progression, upvote plz

7th post down.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Putting Proff.X as final reward is a VERY bad move for Ultron event. Proff. X is a quite good character, but a lot of people use Prof. for Winfinity, therefore not benefiting from additional covers as other usually-championed characters.
    Boss events are extremely relying on cooperation and common push, specially for last prizes(PURPLE!); newer players actually needing Proff covers will have very different motivation as Winfinity players.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen wrote:
    Putting Proff.X as final reward is a VERY bad move for Ultron event. Proff. X is a quite good character, but a lot of people use Prof. for Winfinity, therefore not benefiting from additional covers as other usually-championed characters.
    Boss events are extremely relying on cooperation and common push, specially for last prizes(PURPLE!); newer players actually needing Proff covers will have very different motivation as Winfinity players.

This.

Prof X is only useful for winfinity, so once you have even a few covers for him, you no longer need to give him more levels than a little over 100.

The should have done basically any other 4* hero, such as either a brand new hero that most people have under-covered, such as Drax, Pun, WM, WS, Kate, Moon, etc, or else an older hero that many have championed, so the covers will be useful for champion levels.

Really, Prof X is the worst 4* they could have chosen, because he's the least useful to the largest amount of people.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    personally, I like the PX rewards.

I am a moderately experienced player (day 640, early 4* transitioner), and my PX is only 1/1/1

I understand why some don't like it, but I do quite like it

thanks!
  • SeveredSynapse
    SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Would the event's time-requirements be more adequately rewarded if they replaced Professor X rewards with either Legendary Tokens or 25 Command Points?

There are individuals with all levels of covers for any given character. Though a Professor X reward scheme would benefit some, neutral to others... would it be more thematically appropriate to put Professor-X as a reward for a different event?

Ultron Event rewarding Ironman46, Steve Rogers First Avenger, or Bruce Banner makes more thematic sense...
    ... But if D3 wants to continue the frugal distribution of those 5* covers...

Would it be more appropriate to put some 4* Avengers in the event instead of X-men?
    (Hulkbuster, Thor Goddess, FalCap, PeggyCap, Kateniss Hawk or even friends of avengers like War Machine, Wintersoldier, etc)

just a few thoughts
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look, if you don't want the ProfX covers, send 'em to me. I can use as many of those as I can get right now.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Was kinda bummed about Px since I've finally fully covered mine, then icon_eek.gif oh wait I could build another one to champ.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    It just seems odd that they would have such an old 4* as the rewards for this event, rather than one that most people wouldn't have covered already.

If they were handing out 3 Peggy covers, people would say it was the best event ever.
  • laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Look, if you don't want the ProfX covers, send 'em to me. I can use as many of those as I can get right now.

I think the point people are trying to make is that to even get those covers you'll need everyone playing the event and scoring high. However, for rosters that use winfinite there is no incentive to do that. That leads to those vets not playing, which in turn leads to nobody in the alliance getting those covers anyway.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Figure15 wrote:
    Was kinda bummed about Px since I've finally fully covered mine, then icon_eek.gif oh wait I could build another one to champ.

Hmm, I guess I might need to do that, then... something for all those prof x covers I'll be getting over the next few years... huh.. of course I already have 10 other heroes to champion first...
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you meant slap in the face.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I'm really excited about the Professor X rewards but I'm probably one of the tiny tiny fraction of players out there who have a 4/3/3 Prof X who will go to 5/4/4 if my alliance clears the event.

That said, don't a lot of people keep a second Prof X so that you can champ one and keep one underleveled? I had thought that there would be less grumbling about Prof X rewards.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

Prof X is only useful for winfinity, so once you have even a few covers for him, you no longer need to give him more levels than a little over 100.

Considering you can win his 4* DDQ w/ only a single purple cover, i am going to have to fully disagree with this. Although my PX is softcapped at 166 in case i ever need to Winfinite something, i use him quite a bit w/ all sorts of chars, buffing and making special tiles is way more useful once you have a couple 4*s.