Known Issue: Game Crashing

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
Hello everyone,

The developers are aware of the increase in crash reports and have been investigating. They hope to have any needed fixes implemented in the R106 update. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working hard to make corrections.

Thank you.

Comments

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    The next major patch? The game is unplayable at this point. I've been unable to play the Simulator at all today. 0-3 with 3 crashes. Best of all, I get penalized by having to use health packs to heal my characters.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Is there a chance for receiving some compensation due to this crash issue (as well as the "damage from previous wave nodes get applied to current ones")? I at least have spent 3 healthpacks so far far for crashed battles. It's not a lot, but seeing that this shouldn't happen with QA, I think a compensation for us affected players would be fair. Also considering that the people in my alliance (probably all active alliances) are currently really bummed at the quality of your patches lately, and it definitely has affected our investement in the game.
  • Spuddy Boy
    Spuddy Boy Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    3 crashes this morning alone, 2 during my final push in Heavy Metal pvp. Sort it quickly please
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Yup, many crashes here too on iOS. Annoyingly, just before I win a match too.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is no need to post just to state that you are also seeing crashes. The developers are aware and working on a fix.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone on iOS completed TBE on today's DDQ? It crashes on wave 2 or 3 every single time for me and I'm not sure it's worth wasting the health packs if wave nodes are literally impossible at the moment. It crashed on the "Victory" banner for UtS, but I still got the win at least.

I'm really hoping this can be hot-fixed, as the next patch could be a long wait...
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    ZootSax wrote:
    Has anyone on iOS completed TBE on today's DDQ? It crashes on wave 2 or 3 every single time for me and I'm not sure it's worth wasting the health packs if wave nodes are literally impossible at the moment. It crashed on the "Victory" banner for UtS, but I still got the win at least.

I'm really hoping this can be hot-fixed, as the next patch could be a long wait...

I have finished it. No crashes.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    So, they're working on a fix, for the next release? What are we supposed to do in the meantime?!? I cannot play the game because it keeps crashing in the middle of a fight, causing me to lose the fight and damage my team. Since I can't play, I'm not able to earn rewards. I'm missing out on ISO, covers, health packs, and hero points!!!

The number of bugs in each new release is COMPLETELY unprofessional, and unwarranted in a game of this maturity. I'm a software engineer, and if my team released a product this buggy we'd get canned!!!

Seriously, I cannot play the game right now - so I'm just supposed to sit on my hands until the next release? That's tinykitty to the max.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have finished it. No crashes.

Thanks, Nightglider. It took two more tries, but I finally got a crash-free game for my 5th Luke Cage red.

I think I'm losing ~25% of my lightning round games against the seeds today due to these crashes. Bacon_magic has never been so successful before...
  • Windreaver
    Windreaver Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    still crashing, just lost a fight (for a crash ofc) while hop for 1000 point cover.....ended at 990 .......opened a ticket but i wont get nothing for sure, cover or even 150 HP wasted for a useless shield (not counting ISO used for skip tax)
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Trying to add more information to the pot. I crashed twice in a row on "Under the Sea" right before I was going to kill Dr. Doom, but on the third run I killed him quicker, and then I was able to finish without incident. Could be a coincidence, but thought I would mention it. I think it's possible that in both of the first 2 cases, he was about to try and use Diabolical Plot to add a trap and there were no good tiles left.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Is there any word on whether or not they might pull the patch? I haven't seen any issues on 104, only on Steam where I'm on 105
  • Edgeman
    Edgeman Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Trying to add more information to the pot. I crashed twice in a row on "Under the Sea" right before I was going to kill Dr. Doom, but on the third run I killed him quicker, and then I was able to finish without incident. Could be a coincidence, but thought I would mention it. I think it's possible that in both of the first 2 cases, he was about to try and use Diabolical Plot to add a trap and there were no good tiles left.
    Same here.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    There is no need to post just to state that you are also seeing crashes. The developers are aware and working on a fix.

Why would it not be relevant to post that you're also having problems? In the past, they've always asked for people to report what's going on. I didn't have any of these issues until today, after updating to r105. My game has crashed twice on the 2* wave node in ddq.
  • lukewin
    I'm on Android, Samsung Galaxy S4. Most other previous reports I saw were for ios or steam, and were from r104. I restarted my phone. Went for the 1* node in ddq, beat it, went to the big enchilada node, beat it, figured problem solved. Went back to under the sea node, this time with 3 other 2*, since my first 3 wouldn't have made it thru due to the first 2 crashes. Game crashed. Restarted my phone, tried again, game crashed. Put in another 3 2*, game crashed. Not trying to burn health packs because of this, so will wait til later when some of the 2* have enough health to make it thru, if the game doesn't crash.

Would be helpful if I had the 25% quicker healing from the VIP, but that reset on me too, so CS gave me 28 health packs as their alternative. When I tried to sign up again, the game said purchase was not able to be made, but I was charged. So CS gave me another VIP bundle since I had been charged for it.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I was not experiencing any issues on iOS under R104. Updated to R105 this just now. Completed the DDQ "That guy from that place" node; went to do Under the Sea and it began crashing, once immediately before the fight actually opened (with no loss of health); the second time partway into the fight, with the resulting loss of health.

I'll (try to) make my second clear of the Madripoor sub for Meet Rocket & Groot later and update with anything new.
  • Dayv
    lukewin wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Why would it not be relevant to post that you're also having problems? In the past, they've always asked for people to report what's going on. I didn't have any of these issues until today, after updating to r105. My game has crashed twice on the 2* wave node in ddq.
    It's helpful when the devs acknowledge a problem and request further info. If they acknowledge a problem and say they're working on a fix without actually asking for more info, further posts of "I'm seeing this too" or even "I'm seeing this on X phone and Y operating system" just clog up the thread.

That's not to say nobody has useful info, which is why I didn't lock the thread. If someone has a consistent way they can trigger crashes every single time, or has a workaround to share with other players on how the minimized crashing, that sort of thing is absolutely welcome.
  • lukewin
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

The developers are aware of the increase in crash reports and have been investigating. They hope to have any needed fixes implemented in the R106 update. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working hard to make corrections.

Thank you.
    DayvBang wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    The developers are aware and working on a fix.

It's helpful when the devs acknowledge a problem and request further info. If they acknowledge a problem and say they're working on a fix without actually asking for more info, further posts of "I'm seeing this too" or even "I'm seeing this on X phone and Y operating system" just clog up the thread.

That's not to say nobody has useful info, which is why I didn't lock the thread. If someone has a consistent way they can trigger crashes every single time, or has a workaround to share with other players on how the minimized crashing, that sort of thing is absolutely welcome.

Seems like the "developers are aware of the increase in crash reports and have been investigating", not that they're aware of the cause of the crashes, just that they're "aware of the increase in crash reports".

"They hope to have any needed fixes implemented in the R106 update." They didn't request further info, but they did not say they didn't want any further info.

None of this really matters regarding my issue, which is repeating, and may not even be linked to this problem, since mine didn't happen until today, with R105. The Under the Sea node is the only node that my game crashes on, that I've encountered so far. It's crashed 6 times, with 3 different team compositions. I can't get thru the first round, without the game crashing and returning to my phone's home screen.

Also, the thread that is locked Multiple crashes with latest release is locked with the last post being below.
    DayvBang wrote:
    Official thread on this issue is here.

Locking this thread.

The link in the thread leads to the front page of that thread, so it takes you to the locked front page of that thread.
  • Dayv
    lukewin wrote:
    Also, the thread that is locked Multiple crashes with latest release is locked with the last post being below.
    DayvBang wrote:
    Official thread on this issue is here.

Locking this thread.

The link in the thread leads to the front page of that thread, so it takes you to the locked front page of that thread.
    I have corrected the link, thanks for pointing it out.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    After R105 update game crashes every time i try to play. I'm on steam.