How is the EoTS test going for you?

1235»

Comments

• Love love love not having the 8 hour timer!!! It was always an inconvenience with the 2hr grind at the end of each sub and another 30-45 minutes at the start of the new one. There was never a good starting time to work with my schedule without having to stay up way too late or wake up way too early to hit it a 2nd time. And the 3rd time was the worst during work hours!!

The 2 day sub is a bit frustrating. The extra rewards were fantastic the first day, finished all nodes halfway through day 1 and now there's 9 hours left in day 2 with nothing to do and its like the rewards averaged out to the same old same old.

I'm sure it will be great once all the kinks are worked out and hopefully player feedback is taken into account regarding placement rewards. Yes D3...we all want our cake and eat it too...that's never going to change. Your player base is starving. Those same rewards from a full clear of the first sub, everyday, are so needed!

The scaling wasn't ever an issue. The hardest nodes ended up high 300's. No OML was a great change of pace!!!! But even better than that was a boosted JG, SW and Quake all at the same time. So much fun! Bring on those caltrops haha!!

I love the idea someone else posted about being able to temporarily disable your 5*characters for events to help with scaling. My wife is on day 95 and she doesn't really even enjoy the game anymore since getting 7 covers for 5 different 5* characters. That level of scaling for her 2*team is unplayable.

On a positive note....Things are far from perfect but I think they're looking up.

~DW
  • pumpkin81
    pumpkin81 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    pumpkin81 wrote:
    I've heard from at least one person with max points out of top2 that they got top2 rewards so looks like they aren't breaking ties and speed doesn't matter.

I may be wrong I think the guy was top 10 and didn't realize the hp and Iso was the same sorry to get everyone excited
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Just finished my sub 1 totally with an hour and 20 minutes to spare. 52 people beat me to it.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    pumpkin81 wrote:
    pumpkin81 wrote:
    I've heard from at least one person with max points out of top2 that they got top2 rewards so looks like they aren't breaking ties and speed doesn't matter.

I may be wrong I think the guy was top 10 and didn't realize the hp and Iso was the same sorry to get everyone excited

Confirmed, I finished 16th and got t50 rewards for the sub
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Loved being able to actually play for an extended amount of time without being punished for it and actually make level progress. Then being able to NOT play without being punished for THAT.

Sure the scoring needs a small tweek so that everyone doesn't end up with the same score.

Best idea is to eliminate placement rewards for this event and replace them with more node rewards levels. I would certainly love that. I know many players who have no love for the PvP aspects of PvE anyway. Why does every event need to be PvP?
  • Ungoliant
    Ungoliant Posts: 29
    Being able to play whenever I want is pretty great.

Four clears to get progression and throwing in wave nodes with the scaling they have for this event seems excessive.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I'm currently a solid 1 star transitioning to 2-5 stars.

GOOD
    I'm not scheduling my sleep around clears. It's great.
    Multiple 500 ISO and CP rewards

BAD
    Scaling still gets out of hand, though it's not as terrible as I remember.
    Too many clears. It's kind of an endurance run, at this point.

To be frank, even with the current warts, this is the only way I want to play this game now.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Finished 41st in my slice first sub... Sitting at 21 for the second... With 2 repeats of "Trapped" to do (although I don't think I will finish them)

While I love this format I have to say that the difficulty scaling I have a mainly 3* roster with a number of champs... The Trivial nodes started at 17 and went up 4 each completion.

But the other nodes started at 80ish and jumped up 30 per completion- 9 times later and I'm up against a 326 Wolverine!!!

Doesn't compute for me
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Following up on my earlier post, I think this may be too many passes for a 24 sub. I didn't mind the 48 hour sub and I've been able to clear it each time (can't pass up this much ISO for my 4*'s) but after 4 days of it, on top of having an employed life , I'm ready for a break from MPQ.

i will say I've changed my strategy over time. As long you are able to clear every node for the full, max points each sub (a big if for most, I know), you don't actually have to "race" until the last sub. For the first 6 days you can simply play as you like, unhurried until you hit the full score. That's nice, at least. Then everyone who made the full points clear will start "equal" for that sub.

I'm still not sure if I'll go out of my way for top 10 and "race" that last sub. I've hovered around the 10 mark in my bracket, sometimes placing above, and a X-23 cover would be nice, but right now its just the ISO that's keeping me playing this event. (Hit progression this morning and I've got no plans to champ 3* storm either.)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know what they say is the best part about bashing your head against a wall...

I'll be happier when I get OML back. Clears will go much quicker and I'll use fewer health packs.

I'm absolutely shocked how many people are full clearing each sub. Maybe it's more fun with champion JG and HB? I'm only clearing easy nodes and mining for cp, and it still feels like a chore.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I'm absolutely shocked how many people are full clearing each sub. Maybe it's more fun with champion JG and HB? I'm only clearing easy nodes and mining for cp, and it still feels like a chore.

I hesitate to call it "fun" but yes, a champ JG does make things a lot quicker at least. My boosted 271 Jean is doing 7400+ with her purple, so paired with S. Witch, she can usually beat the first 3-5 passes of a single fight node with one blast of it. That speeds up the trivial nodes (or early passes of the hard nodes) very quickly, leaving lots of time and health packs for the tough stuff. Its still a chore though.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Finished 4th!!

Surrounded by 4 & 5 star champion roster...
    patting myself on the back
  • OJSP wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    How many hours per day do they expect us to want to play PVE?
    I think this is a very good question that has a complex answer.

From the current system and the previous 4 tests, from my personal experience and observing others (in a competitive bracket, joining from the start of an event):
    • To rank in the top5: from 4-5 hours a day (any systems except the last test) to whenever we're awake (the last test).
    • To get all the green ticks: from 3-4 hours a day (sometimes we'd still rank in the top 10, sometimes as low as top 50)
    • To get max progression rewards and not care about placement rewards: 2 hours a day

In this latest test:
    • I'd estimate 5-6 hours of play in a 48 hour sub and 3-4 hours in a 24 hour sub to get all the rewards. (I haven't started the event yet, but this calculation is based on beating a node in 3 minutes on average).
    • To place competitively in a sub, we need to do all the nodes ASAP
    • Ironically to place well for the event, we only need to be the fastest on the last day, so all the work in the first 6 days could be rendered useless with a bad board that requires us to repeat the node or worse, one that makes us unable to complete a survival node and receive only partial points.
    I don't have 5 hours a day to spend on this game.