How is the EoTS test going for you?

Comments

• irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Ended up 2 in my sub and 3 over all after clearing everything. Mostly Winfinite with some other combos thrown in (IM40 + JG is popular too..).

Loving the sheer amount of ISO I got.

Hate that my placement really just depends on when I start/finish the nodes compared to others since I know many of us will have identical scores.

So yeah, in summary, placement based awards still need to be shot out the window in favor of pure progression based. But thanks for the extra ISO!
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I absolutely love it! I can't remember the last time MPQ was this fun 'pick-up-and-play' game. This new format has allowed me so much freedom to play whenever I want, coupled with plenty of rewards to boot. Just make the whole reward system progression and we have this fantastic game I'll recommend to my friends!

Oh and nothing wrong with a little double ISO too since you've got a good thing going here.. no?
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    How many clears will it take to get progression?

I've been doing cp nodes and event token (which gave me another 2* for 250 iso).
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    So far i spent 7 hours doing it... so far cca 10 000 ISO and i still miss some CPs.
    I love i dont have to hurry to get points efficiently but ISO per hour is still damn low for someone transiting from 3*s to 4*s...
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Do i like all the ISO, yes but I don't like that I have to grind twice as much just to get a decent placement.

Like my grind time literally doubled. Hell, I got bored after hitting the same node 5-6 times to get to the 1k and another node 9 times to get the token.

If this keeps up, I'll prob stop playing PVE altogether.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    even for a 2 day sub, having 15 rewards per node is ridiculous. especially on the harder nodes. they need to cap the scaling.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    This would be infinitely better with NO PLACEMENT REWARDS. Seriously guys, let it die already. You're already more than halfway there, just dump the competitive nonsense and be done with it.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Surprisingly I think it's great so far. I grinded for a few hours Thursday and finished rank 6 for my sub. With the old system I would have spent the same amount of time playing but annoyingly spread out between 8 hour intervals and I would have been lucky to place in the top 50.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Had to beat the hard wave node 13 times before I got the stupid event token. So yeah, I'm doing that good.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Finding it seriously annoying that I have done 10 clears of each node & not got any of the good rewards - all 4 CP's are still there as well as the wave event token. Now facing armies all 100+ levels above my top 10.

Each node at this point is a lottery & a one shot attempt because even if i win chances are that team is out of the running. With only 9 4* champed that's 3 teams only
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely identity with this perspective, but I think it can be mitigated with how the ui displays that info.

Imagine if each node had two sets of awards: 3 "progression" that included the 2 best and the crit boost, which you always got first, and 10 "placement" that only got awarded after the first three, which are all only recruit tokens or iso. For me, with the presentation, I'd never get that sagging feeling.

This idea isn't bad except for the mention of crit boosts, those things should have a random chance of dropping from a fight, but should never be a proper reward.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Let's just say I'm glad I got my 5th Prof X blue from my level 183 Magneto. Winfinite with my 3* roster is a saving grace on this garbage.

That being said, full clears in S5 with 19 hours to go is more than I ever wanted to grind, and I sit in 16th overall/17th in the sub. It's better than I'm used to doing, but I don't want to play like this regularly and will likely slow down for future events if this madness were ever to be implemented.

I have no idea if my real life schedule will be permissive of 9 clears on the upcoming subs against the freaking Gorgon.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Voicing no placement awards as well. The grind is only for the no-lifers. If you're full clearing all the nodes until all rewards are exhausted, you're either botting, or need someone to come into your life with an intervention.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    wirius wrote:
    Voicing no placement awards as well. The grind is only for the no-lifers. If you're full clearing all the nodes until all rewards are exhausted, you're either botting, or need someone to come into your life with an intervention.

I think quite a number has done all the nodes and earned all the rewards, myself included. Do I need an intervention? Not at all. In fact, much less than last time when I had to tailor my schedule to 8 hour portions so I can do PvE optimally.

This PvE I actually manage to pick up and play whenever I felt like it, clear the nodes and earn my rewards, all without it cutting into my daily routines. It finally became a GAME and not a CHORE

Unless, of course, you're talking about those clearing for placement. Then yes, those people do need an intervention.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I am loathing not knowing where I am in terms of progression. 6 or 9 or 15 or 311.

The ISO is nice, but the event just feels tedious because I don't know what I need to do for progression and I care nothing about placement.

The addiction to lack of "this is what you need to do" and the shifting goal is ridiculous.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Just completed all of sub 1 - waaaaay too time consuming & dont like facing Lv 390 enemies node after node (my highest is 282).

in future will do the easy nodes & 5/6 clears of others - means I'll miss out on all the good rewards so this system sucks.

My CP's dropped from the 13th & 14th clears of the essential & 14th & 15th clear of the hard node + event token was 15th clear of last wave node - not cool!
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I dunno, I played each subnode at least twice (normally I stay around >100 until I come back to it after my work commitments) now I see myself at >400 even after completing the subnodes for the 4th to 6th time. Kinda gave me the incentive of just take it COMPLETELY casual. Overall, not exactly a fan.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    There's a 10 way tie at the top of my leadboard for Sub 1. I'm sure it goes past that (there's no mechanism to check the entire leaderboard) so my condolences to all the people who ground every node but did it too slowly to get the top prizes. I would 100% support this Story mode format if they changed all the placement rewards to progression rewards. If I didn't constantly need ISO I'd be happy to skip this event.
  • pumpkin81
    pumpkin81 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I've heard from at least one person with max points out of top2 that they got top2 rewards so looks like they aren't breaking ties and speed doesn't matter.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    pumpkin81 wrote:
    I've heard from at least one person with max points out of top2 that they got top2 rewards so looks like they aren't breaking ties and speed doesn't matter.

If that's the case and anyone with max points gets top rewards, then that's a beautiful thing.