Selling 2* champions - stop the bad math

Options
1235»

Comments

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not finding this as profitable as others because unless you've a healthy amount of extra slots, you'll be struggling with some DPD nodes (especially if you do 3 2 stars on a day when the 3rd node has 2 of them you use)

I don't get 50 of any particular 2 star fast enough for this to be something that will happen sooner than the span of a few months.

It's a great addition if you're high up getting heroics when you breathe but otherwise it's just kinda there. a Net ISO loss but slow HP gain, so a slot every 8 or so 2 stars.

It's not viable for the toughest resource in game, iso.

It also takes a huge iso investment if the 2's aren't leveled already
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I'm not finding this as profitable as others because unless you've a healthy amount of extra slots, you'll be struggling with some DPD nodes (especially if you do 3 2 stars on a day when the 3rd node has 2 of them you use)

I don't get 50 of any particular 2 star fast enough for this to be something that will happen sooner than the span of a few months.

It's a great addition if you're high up getting heroics when you breathe but otherwise it's just kinda there. a Net ISO loss but slow HP gain, so a slot every 8 or so 2 stars.

It's not viable for the toughest resource in game, iso.

It also takes a huge iso investment if the 2's aren't leveled already

I don't tend to sell my 144 2* until the dupe is fully covered. I then sell the max champ, use that iso for the champing of the dupe and build it up. I agree that unless you are buying a ton of 40's, the rebuilding does take forever, but you are getting experience points per cover you add and occasionally some cp and HP and the best reason is you at least have something to do with all the 2*'s you are getting. I am nowhere near the highest spending in my alliance, but I think my 2's have helped me to get to level 80 in the scl which I think is 3rd highest for in my alliance.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have all the 2* characters 144 max-champed (except Bagman, who is 95th level) and that's where they are staying. It took me long enough to get them all there I'm not going to sell them off and start over. They're too helpful in making DDQ easy and as required characters in PVE. They're invaluable in heroic events, where the rosters are limited and often my 2-stars are as effective as my threes (2Hawkeye has been getting the work done for me in Heroic Venom - is on, bro). Certainly they help me conserve health packs by taking down initial clears. At 144th level they do a far more efficient job of it than they do at lesser farm levels, and time is precious during PVE grinding.

With DDQ and progression/placement awards, along with tokens, I'm not starving for 3* covers so bad that I need to cultivate a farm. Not even the added HP is that much of an incentive. I'll throw $10 a month the developers way for a VIP and get some extra goodies that way instead, rather than tend to the long farming hassle.