Predator and Prey - Mar 12 to Mar 14

Options

Comments

• radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No no, keep on playing Dark Souls 2. The Hood's a terrible hero. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not even going to be in a bracket until late tonight or before work tomorrow. Giving blood and date night (not related) this evening. I'm focusing most of my energy toward Lazy Hulk Runs anyway.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I'd rather have my Saturday morning sleep than try to shoot for yellow Hood. He'd be viable even if he only had one ability, Dormammu's Aid, and I have it maxed, so I'd rather chance yellow from Diabolical tokens.
    I certianly wish they'd mix up the reward order in LRs, but as it stands let other people have a chance at Hood, looking at my bracket leaders you could say they definitely need covers more than me. My Hood is mystically 10/13, the luckiest drops you could imagine plus very few LR tokens.
  • kensterr wrote:
    Wow. Really surprised to see Hood instead of 3* Thor as the rewards here. I still need Hood yellow and black, so I'm still in, as it's way easier to get a yellow here than in LRs. But wow - they really are testing the market on HP spend for covers on new heroes. At least I just maxed my BP, so shield spend should be at a minimum. I suppose I'll use the lack of Thor as an excuse to begin stockpiling ISO again for the X-Force buff?
    how much HP did you spend on BP covers if you don't mind me asking?

I got 2/2/2 from PvE and PvP and 1 from a token pull in Hulk before they changed the prizes to heroics. I basically sunk all my winnings from the first Elite tourney in - dropped 7500HP (6 covers purchased) in total. It's actually given me motivation to try hard in the events again, as I want to rebuild my war chest. Back up to 2K HP now. Since I'm not planning on pushing in an Elite tourney anytime soon, I'm not worried about having a huge buffer for Shieldapalooza.
  • Shieldapalooza.

Hahah!! This needs to be in the subject line of the next Elite thread.
  • Well, Diabolical token from LR finally decides to give me a yellow. Great timing. What to do now. I wish we could see the future event rewards in advance to plan whether or not I should tank this one.
  • Went to bed last night unshielded at ~625. Woke up and went through my awards from the night before and there was a red Thor cover - it turns out I had gained 78 points in the night, from going 4-0 on defense, and gotten up to 704. Got up just over 800 and 4th place, and threw up a 24 hour shield, figuring I'd only break it if I was in danger of dropping out of the top 5 (the top 4 were all 750-850, where 5th was at about 550 and 6th about 520). Got out of the shower and already had another defensive win to push me up to 820 and 3rd place.

This is like the exact opposite of the Hulk PVE. My Hood, which was still at 0/1/0 less than two weeks ago, might be 4/5/2 tomorrow.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Went to bed last night unshielded at ~625. Woke up and went through my awards from the night before and there was a red Thor cover - it turns out I had gained 78 points in the night, from going 4-0 on defense, and gotten up to 704. Got up just over 800 and 4th place, and threw up a 24 hour shield, figuring I'd only break it if I was in danger of dropping out of the top 5 (the top 4 were all 750-850, where 5th was at about 550 and 6th about 520). Got out of the shower and already had another defensive win to push me up to 820 and 3rd place.

This is like the exact opposite of the Hulk PVE. My Hood, which was still at 0/1/0 less than two weeks ago, might be 4/5/2 tomorrow.

Nice Ben!
    I possibly lucked into an easy bracket this time. I have no need of Hood covers, just in it for the S&V cover really. Sitting at #1 with around 775 and #2 is back at 585. I ain't got anything to do today except plat Titanfall and drink beer so I think I'll hold on just fine.

• Nice Ben!
    I possibly lucked into an easy bracket this time. I have no need of Hood covers, just in it for the S&V cover really. Sitting at #1 with around 775 and #2 is back at 585. I ain't got anything to do today except plat Titanfall and drink beer so I think I'll hold on just fine.
    You're in my bracket. I just got a yellow Hood the other day so I wasn't sure If I wanted to grab 1st or not. I guess I'll let you take it.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Went to bed last night unshielded at ~625. Woke up and went through my awards from the night before and there was a red Thor cover - it turns out I had gained 78 points in the night, from going 4-0 on defense, and gotten up to 704. Got up just over 800 and 4th place, and threw up a 24 hour shield, figuring I'd only break it if I was in danger of dropping out of the top 5 (the top 4 were all 750-850, where 5th was at about 550 and 6th about 520). Got out of the shower and already had another defensive win to push me up to 820 and 3rd place.

Nice Ben!

Tiara fall for mr tonight too
  • Clint wrote:

You're going to drop your tiara? *submitting to damnyouautocorrect.com* icon_e_smile.gif

Or are you pitching a new reality show where young beauty pageant contestants play Titanfall as part of their competition? I'd watch the hell out of Toddlers and Tiarafall. Watching the mothers put too much pressure on their kids and complain about the other contestants would be priceless!

"That little brat's a worthless spawn camper. My little angel is the leetest beauty in the show!"

"No honey, you can't have any ice cream. Only pretty girls with good W/L ratios get ice cream!"

"I DON'T CARE IF YOUR THUMBS ARE TIRED!"
  • I haven't even had a chance to join this tourney yet. I'll join later and run to 500 for the HP.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Clint wrote:

Oh, you dirrty, dirrty man, you. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif
  • I am sure this has been answered before but if I am in first place, why am I seeing opponents that have a higher ranking than me? For instance, my rating is 637 and the 3 opponents I am seeing have a rank of 567, 722, 687.
  • SteelBus wrote:
    I am sure this has been answered before but if I am in first place, why am I seeing opponents that have a higher ranking than me? For instance, my rating is 637 and the 3 opponents I am seeing have a rank of 567, 722, 687.

There are multiple brackets, based on time you enter the tournament. Those people are in a different bracket.
  • SteelBus wrote:
    I am sure this has been answered before but if I am in first place, why am I seeing opponents that have a higher ranking than me? For instance, my rating is 637 and the 3 opponents I am seeing have a rank of 567, 722, 687.

Because your bracket is only 200 people. There are 10's of thousands of people playing any given event.
  • Ok, I was under the assumption I was only playing people in my bracket. No biggie just wondering.
  • You're playing people with a similar track record to you (so tending to be loosely similar in levels), selected from all players.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm currently hovering right around rank 50 which is the difference between a blue Storm Classic cover and a black Hood cover. My Storm Classic is level 69 and 4G / 2B / 5Y so the blue cover would be welcome. My Hood is level 18 and 0Y / 1B / 1B.

I'm leaning towards the Classic Storm cover because it will do me the most good right now. However, I'm wondering if this is short-sighted--I'm sure that eventually I've have more than enough Storm Classic covers whereas Hood covers will likely be tougher to collect. Then again, a 0/1/2/ Hood won't do me any good anytime soon. Anyone have any advice?

Second question--same as the first but in general terms. Regardless of how you feel about Storm Classic or Hood, what would you recommend to do in situations like this--go for the 2* cover that will be of use immediately or grab the 3* cover that is all but useless in the short-term but will eventually be welcome? I have a pretty solid 2* team but most of my 3* characters are sitting at 2 or 3 covers each.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    I'm currently hovering right around rank 50 which is the difference between a blue Storm Classic cover and a black Hood cover. My Storm Classic is level 69 and 4G / 2B / 5Y so the blue cover would be welcome. My Hood is level 18 and 0Y / 1B / 1B.

I'm leaning towards the Classic Storm cover because it will do me the most good right now. However, I'm wondering if this is short-sighted--I'm sure that eventually I've have more than enough Storm Classic covers whereas Hood covers will likely be tougher to collect. Then again, a 0/1/2/ Hood won't do me any good anytime soon. Anyone have any advice?

Second question--same as the first but in general terms. Regardless of how you feel about Storm Classic or Hood, what would you recommend to do in situations like this--go for the 2* cover that will be of use immediately or grab the 3* cover that is all but useless in the short-term but will eventually be welcome? I have a pretty solid 2* team but most of my 3* characters are sitting at 2 or 3 covers each.

Classic Storm is just not very good in PvP due to having no HP to speak of even though her skills are actually respectable. She's occasionally useful in PvE, but in the cases where she's useful in PvE, Modern Storm is often even better because it'd usually involve cases you're trying to setup infinite combos and Modern Storm wins easily there.