Progression of note:
Heroic at 300
BP Yellow at 1200
IW Yellow at 1400

Comments

• oops ..nevermind
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    The Hood is one of the characters I'm currently really interested in getting going. So my 2/0/0 Hood would really appreciate me getting a spot in the top 5. Unfortunately my level 15 1/1/1 BP is probably going to make that a pretty rough proposition.
  • Wow. Really surprised to see Hood instead of 3* Thor as the rewards here. I still need Hood yellow and black, so I'm still in, as it's way easier to get a yellow here than in LRs. But wow - they really are testing the market on HP spend for covers on new heroes. At least I just maxed my BP, so shield spend should be at a minimum. I suppose I'll use the lack of Thor as an excuse to begin stockpiling ISO again for the X-Force buff?
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    I already have a 5/5/1 Hood so I guess I can pretty casually get top 25 finish for that black cover. Maybe *** Thor covers next time?
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Pretty Dissapointed that all reward tokens are now recruit instead of specific to the featured character. I was rarely earning the featured character but at least there was a better chance than from a recruit...
  • Anyone know if The Hood's black gets unlisted damage increases? My Hood is sitting at 4/5/1 and I am thinking that a 5th yellow cover is pretty meaningless as giving the dumb AI an extra turn isn't that big of deal. But if Hood's black only affects more countdown tiles, than it's even less useful.
  • Black ranks only affect the number of tiles affected, and five ranks in yellow is the difference between twin pistols being worth using and not.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Anyone know if The Hood's black gets unlisted damage increases? My Hood is sitting at 4/5/1 and I am thinking that a 5th yellow cover is pretty meaningless as giving the dumb AI an extra turn isn't that big of deal. But if Hood's black only affects more countdown tiles, than it's even less useful.

You realize Hood's yellow grants AP right? Not ending the turn on an AP generating ability is HUGE.

Yellow hood usually means an instant magnetic translocation afterwards for me.
  • Oh ****, I thought I was gaining AP the whole time I was using it. :derp
  • You gain AP passively from Aid the whole time, but Twin pistols also gives you AP from the destroyed tiles.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sitting on a 5/5/1 Hood, so getting that needed black is nice, that seems to be the hardest color to get for him. I'm glad they are pushing the Hood, he's a really, really good character. the only thing he leaves to be desired is his yellow, but his blue is insanely good. FYI, pair the Hood up with Punisher for ridiculous fun, those two work well together, especially if you have a 3/5/5 Punisher, Hoods black while lacking the AoE, does more single target damage, and speeds up all the counters on your Molotov Cocktail, effectively making your 3/5/5 Punisher, a 5/5/5 punisher. And, if you are going up against Hulk or C. Storm, not using the AoE on Molotov can sometimes save you some life as you won't trigger their passives. The Hood also works great with Patch, as they don't compete at all, and Hood's yellow can destroy those strike tiles you give the other team.

The Hood is probably the only character that works in ever team comp, sure other guys may work better, but The Hood always works, of course a blue passive that steals every color is why, but nonetheless, a very good support character.
  • With a max Hood and a 1/1/2 BP, not feeling this.

Goin to concentrate on finishing the hulk event in x-force range for my first 4* wolfie cover, still in top 200 and going to start my subs soon. He can join the bench with my newly yellowed 2/1/0 IW.
  • We've had Hood rewards more than we've had Hulk. I got 2 of my Psylocke covers from the last PvE event's tokens. I can't even get any more BP / Hulk covers from this event (not with remote hope anyway, Hulk is a very slim chance per each token compared to the Hulk tokens at the start). I really just want to see some of the less-offered covers being put up for grabs - I'm not saying Hood is as commonplace as IM40 or Punisher has been as of late, but... good lord we have Villain Lightning Rounds for that stuff (which gives guaranteed covers if you do well!), I'd just like to see some more Black Panther or Psylocke or GSBW covers offered as rewards. icon_e_sad.gif
  • My GSBW is embarrassing 0/1/1. I think I got both from standard tokens. Or maybe that was only the red. I think there was a pvp during the last hunt that I scraped a top45 with some bleh team. Only time I've seen them up for rewards.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Anyone know if The Hood's black gets unlisted damage increases? My Hood is sitting at 4/5/1 and I am thinking that a 5th yellow cover is pretty meaningless as giving the dumb AI an extra turn isn't that big of deal. But if Hood's black only affects more countdown tiles, than it's even less useful.
    I think 5 yellow is worth it, but to answer your question, yes it has a hidden dmg increase.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    My GSBW is embarrassing 0/1/1. I think I got both from standard tokens. Or maybe that was only the red. I think there was a pvp during the last hunt that I scraped a top45 with some bleh team. Only time I've seen them up for rewards.

Same here, 2/0/1, I recall at least 1 token pull, 1 or 2 from tournament ages age and never seen offered ever since. IM40 was similar story up to recently.
  • Despite getting a ton of Hood covers lately (Hitting the resupply cover and 3 from tokens), mine is still only 3/2/0, and I've got a pretty leveled up BP (53rd; he's 3/1/2), so I'll probably be diving into this one pretty hard.
  • Black scales per cover and level while the yellow is just tile damage I believe. I can't see anything other than a 553.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Black scales per cover and level while the yellow is just tile damage I believe. I can't see anything other than a 553.
    Yellow sounds like a great skill on paper. In practice, I don't find it that great overall. First issue is that yellow is Hood's strongest colour and he doesn't have high health to want to constantly make yellow matches. Second issue is that I rarely get to use it. I end up using Intimidation at least 3 or 4 times as much. Black is his weakest colour, so it's easy to find partners to tank it for him. So while I think 5/5/3 is the ideal build, 3/5/5 can seem more practical. I think it depends mostly on which characters you team him with.
  • It fits my style, I prefer buildup into Armageddon the rest of the team, which means I usually get to yellow someone. If you don't max it you are throwing him in front when you use the skill as it ends the turn. Before I finished covering him I kept running into situations where I needed to twin pistol to win but then took massive damage due to the eot clause, then Hood died.

My dream team atm is probably 5/3/5patch 5/5/3hood 5/5/3mag.