How ISO-8 Brotherhood emphasises most problems with MPQ

Options
124»

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,174 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Had fun reading through this necrothread, as well as the comments from current posters over the past couple days. Let's address Snowcatt's original 4 questions from an August 2023 perspective, and with almost 10 years of personal experience.

"Should I jump into Iso-8 late, for the 4* cover?"
    Applying it to today, the question would probably be framed as something like "If I join late, can I still make maximum progression?" I don't have the point totals of each sub, but based on past experience one could join from the 3rd sub onwards and still get full progression, assuming one does the 4+1 (CL9 and below)/3+1 (CL10) clears. If you want/are trying to complete 5* Daredevil, you'll hardly get a better chance, especially as CL10 gives a full 500 sharts. Ditto for Cosmo, if you want an Adam Warlock cover or some sharts.

"Well, it's a double ISO event. And you'd miss out on CP."
    Where's my double iso??? Hopefully we'll get it for Anniversary events...As for CP, well, the amount that could be earned in progression was reduced with the introduction of CL10, albeit somewhat made up for by giving sharts for a particular 5* . BCS has helped somewhat with CP flow and management, such as retro feeders and the increased odds of getting sharts for favourited characters, so that's welcome. But yes, as I've been saying, more CP, Latest LTs, and Classic LTs as rewards should be the norm, given we now have 85+ 5* characters.

Also, for 7-day events in CL10, there are 74CP available in progression. A standard 3-day and 4-day CL10 event both give 34CP each, so that's already an increase in CP, albeit very slight.

"Maybe I should run the whole event for placement?"
    That's up to you. The usual whales will keep whaling. Moving on. Bracket sniping is always an option.

"Well, it's a week-long event of 8-hour refreshes"
    Ah yes the horrors of 8-hour refreshes. Still not as bad as 3-hour refreshes, but no one misses having to grind every 8 hours, especially with rubberbanding in effect.

And yes thanks @DAZ0273 (and this thread!) for bringing me back to 2016. A doe-eyed buck, fresh out of university, when 5* covers were a luxury (this was around Civil War, so I was hoping for a couple of FirstCap and IM46 covers). Getting to see Marvel heroes face each other on the big screen, something inconceivable a decade prior. The year I finally completed (Elektra) and champed (Thorrina) my first 4s. Good times, good times.

Last point: I've been clamouring for the return of the 7-day events, so thanks devs for making (half of) my wishes come true! Now bring back Prodigal Sun and The Hulk as well, pretty please? :D

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,223 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I also missed the date and thought it was a current thread, having read the first two pages yesterday I was slightly dreading reading the rest. I'm going to close it so people can enjoy reading if they want but let's not keep it floating near the top of the forum!

This discussion has been closed.