Unholy Outlaw PvP Tournament - March 10th to 12th

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just had to share...I am currently sitting in 89th with a total of ZERO points...I should probably shield up.

That's hilarious. This kind of thing is exactly the reason I want to be able to scroll through the full leaderboards.

I played one match, got to 27 points, then had to stop for awhile. Came back to the game and found that I had successfully fought off an attack, which bumped me up past the next reward. First time that's ever happened with my point total so low.
  • I got Bagman from my "Completely Corrupt" token. I think it's trying to tell us something about the character!
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    Guess I'll wait until tomorrow morning before I put any ISO into Hood. Even if it's not Diabolical, I can (somewhat unsafely) assume that the boost % is similar for Courageous.

To answer your question, I'm 99% sure that boosted characters in lightning rounds are just straight up doubled. Double health, double match damage, double ability damage. I only believe this because I frequently go straight for a Molotov Cocktail in Hero LR's with my 141 Punisher to just destroy the other team with a 1300-ish wide nuke (possibly following a few strike tiles to make sure things get cleaned up). My level 100 Hood was hitting for > 1000 with his own black in Villain LRs.

The boosts in the LR hero round is less than the boosts in LR villian rounds. They've been changing the % boosts and it can be as low as 40% in most recent tournaments. LR villians remains one of the highest boosts.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    mags1587 wrote:
    Just had to share...I am currently sitting in 89th with a total of ZERO points...I should probably shield up.

That's hilarious. This kind of thing is exactly the reason I want to be able to scroll through the full leaderboards.

I played one match, got to 27 points, then had to stop for awhile. Came back to the game and found that I had successfully fought off an attack, which bumped me up past the next reward. First time that's ever happened with my point total so low.

Since then I've dropped like a rock, I've also thrown some teams to the wolves as my MMR is currently a bit too high for my liking.

And I've also wondered about that, I figured by now we'd be able to scroll the leaderboards...hopefully that is added in the future.
  • Went home at lunch, got up to 300 from 150 to get my token - Blue Hood! I've gone from 0/1/0 to 2/3/0 in like the last ten days. I'm still taking a "whatever" approach to this one; any more covers and IM40 gets into varsity team territory, and I'm not sure I want him there.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The boosts in the LR hero round is less than the boosts in LR villian rounds. They've been changing the % boosts and it can be as low as 40% in most recent tournaments. LR villians remains one of the highest boosts.

To expand on this, seems the Villain LR (as of this post) is roughly a 96% boost to stats and damage. Yellow match on Hood went from 67 to 131, Health from 4350 to 8550, and Intimidate from 890 to 1749.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

To expand on this, seems the Villain LR (as of this post) is roughly a 96% boost to stats and damage. Yellow match on Hood went from 67 to 131, Health from 4350 to 8550, and Intimidate from 890 to 1749.

Strike tile boosts, however, are only about ~55%. I.e., I should have waited until this morning to check. Damn.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. Was debating whether or not to save the token since I have a 5/5/2 Hood, but decided to open it. Miraculously got a black hood cover, so now my Hood is completed at 5/5/3! Super lucky. I think that's the last villain that I needed covers for, so LRs are now 100% obsoleted for me, woot.
  • This was a hard tourney for me for some reason and I had to shield at a lower rank than I'd like because of time issues. But I won a Hood cover from the event token, should I make him my character? Is he the reason it was harder than usual?
  • I found this tourney to be a pain in the ****. I can't remember last PvP when I used up all my health packs that fast.

Anyway, I went to 550 yesterday (#1 was shielded at 740) and raised the 8hr shield. this morning I climbed to around 730 and #1, 30mins before 8hr mark to the end of the tourney. Decided to shield for 3hrs in order not to lose pts. Guy at #1 dropped his shields (or they ended?) and immediately lost almost 100pts. At 8hr mark, in order to put on 8hr shield, I needed to win 1match, so I quickly did it and currently I'm #1 with about 750pts. About 40pts to #2. Safe top5 with a chance of top1.
  • I shielded in #7 with 501 points. Figure I'll get top 25; I care more about the ISO than the cover (though I need the cover; I think my IM40 will be 4/2/2 with this yellow). Cared more about PVE and LRs and put a pretty minimal amount of effort into this.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    ~I just shielded with 1k.
    2nd has 700...

I feel a bit bad though, the guy in 2nd was at over 800 and I attacked him like 5 or 6 times to climb above and past him to hit the 1k progression.
    Muskrat, if you're on the forums, sorry dude! icon_twisted.gif
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I found this tourney to be a pain in the ****. I can't remember last PvP when I used up all my health packs that fast.

Right? The AI was on steroids, I wasn't facing higher level teams but they were kicking my butt anyway. I guess Dormammu's Aid is a game changer, who would've thought. Most of the The Hoods I faced were decked out with all three colors but still at low levels.

I shielded at 654 which turned out to be 633 because of the delay in reporting, and was only #10. I'll be lucky if I make top 15 at this rate and I was in it for the yellow IM40 cover. No worries, I'll be ok after I sulk for a bit.
  • Shielded in first with 885 after my low mmr wore off and I started too see x2-3 141 teams at high points. Second is at 748 and 3rd seems to have ran out of shield and dropping.

Had to do the main hulk nodes and get some work done so hopefully I'm good.
  • I just pushed to #3 at -4h and left it hanging. Will see where I get the cheap way. icon_e_smile.gif

Left CMags in the defense team I usually swap out but my Hood only steals blue/purple and someone better put it to use. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm currently first with 917, second at 644, I'm not even going to shield given I have a 141 Hood and 141 Punisher beside a 100 Spiderman to hopefully deter any attackers. I'm also tanking like crazy in the LR's so... I feel pretty safe.
  • And just like that.... the new tourney offers Hood covers... icon_lol.gif
  • Lyrian wrote:
    And just like that.... the new tourney offers Hood covers... icon_lol.gif

Sounds simpler way to get a triplet than crowd the LR. Though it means no Thor*** PVP handout, people will come back grinding in hulk the remaining days, no coasting.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    The Hood event before they offer us some covers. Then we get a Black Panther tourney where we've only had the opportunity to acquire him in the PvE tournament or with luck from token pulls. I really do wonder if cover sales to fill holes in a featured hero really is their bread and butter money wise. I'd prefer not to have to drag a level 15 BP through this tournament but, I'm not willing to spend the cash to get him the covers to make him at all useful so there he'll stay until they give us the opportunity to acquire some more through other means. I've given them some money don't get me wrong, I just think the amount of money they want is too steep for me to get into the habit of buying covers all the time when I feel the need. Plus, I get more of a kick out of the game by collecting them versus paying mucho dinero to just fill out my heroes.
  • Lol I powered through and finished top 5. That's a bonus 1500 ISO, not bad.