Unholy Outlaw PvP Tournament - March 10th to 12th

Comments

• Someone explain to me the reasoning for why the characters for the completely corrupt token are part of it? I don't read enough comics to know from the top of my head.

Thanks in advance.
  • Pasta25 wrote:
    Someone explain to me the reasoning for why the characters for the completely corrupt token are part of it? I don't read enough comics to know from the top of my head.

Thanks in advance.

The only character the is 'completely corrupt' is the Hood. For the basic token it's him or any 2star.
  • iirc you can level him inside the tourney section which will display his powered up values.

That only helps me for THIS tournament. If he's boosted more in the diabolical LRs, I might push him too high without knowing it (hence my original question).
  • Chimaera wrote:
    If the characters on the package are the only ones you get from the token, I would much rather have a normal heroic token. I guess I can just save it and it will switch over.

Like beezer37_84 said, the token gives either a Hood cover or any 2* cover. If you want the Hood specifically, you should have a significantly higher chance of getting him compared to a normal Heroic Token, but otherwise it is strictly worse from an "I am building a 3*+ roster" perspective.

The picture associated with a token *may* have all of the possible reward characters (the Hulk token from early in the current PvE event was an example; the Diabolic token from villain LRs is another), but it does not always.
  • wathombe wrote:
    iirc you can level him inside the tourney section which will display his powered up values.

That only helps me for THIS tournament. If he's boosted more in the diabolical LRs, I might push him too high without knowing it (hence my original question).

I think he is more boosted during LR. A piece of advice, if you want Patch to tank yellow for him, do not go higher than 101.
  • Dull. He's a nothing fixture in these teams and his prizes are boring.

Tank please, move along.
  • This tourney would be a Spike's dream. I have fought a lot of opponents that have **** their team with IM40 or Modern Hawkeye in order to take advantage of Hood's worst ability. Crazy.
  • I'm having fun. I like how tournament & boosted characters rotate, forcing us to use different character, hence building different team. icon_e_smile.gif

We could use more diversified rewards though.
  • gahudahu wrote:
    I'm having fun. I like how tournament & boosted characters rotate, forcing us to use different character, hence building different team. icon_e_smile.gif

We could use more diversified rewards though.
    Hood works fine with either Spidey or OBW, whom everyone is using. not much diversity in here. I'll run OBW + Punisher probably, this way I can use all the colors.

If only Hood's yellow didn't end the turn...
  • Maxed out my hood yesterday just in time for this disappointing tournament. Whatever happened to new covers as rewards? Black Panther was only offered once.

Seems like they are making it much harder to get the new covers without spending HP. Not offering them as rewards and only handing out heroic tokens in events.

Guess I'll be going for the 5000 ISO reward.
  • I've quadrupled my Hood covers recently, going all the way up to 38th level and 2/2/0. I'll probably treat this one like the last one and treat it as an ISO farm.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    I was planning to tank this couldn't even make it to my goal of 300 points these damn spidey and hood teams are brutal.
  • It's a shame, but making Hood the featured character necessary on both teams essentially nullifies what makes Hood so cool, which is AP denial. Most matches so far have been the other two characters doing useful things, while my Hood and their Hood play hot-potato with the same 1 AP ad nauseam.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I was planning to tank this couldn't even make it to my goal of 300 points these damn spidey and hood teams are brutal.

So are you saying that this is the time for my level 25 1-3-0 build Hood's time to shine?? I'll stick him with Spidey and go from there...I could use another yellow cover for IM40.
  • gahudahu wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    iirc you can level him inside the tourney section which will display his powered up values.

I think he is more boosted during LR.

Yeah, that's my impression, too.
    gahudahu wrote:
    A piece of advice, if you want Patch to tank yellow for him, do not go higher than 101.

Yup, I definitely knew this (thought it was 100, actually), but that would far exceed Patch's yellow when he's boosted for LRs. I don't want to do that until I get the 5 Hood covers I'm missing. The Hood rounds seem most brutal to me.

Guess I'll wait until tomorrow morning before I put any ISO into Hood. Even if it's not Diabolical, I can (somewhat unsafely) assume that the boost % is similar for Courageous.

IceIX, if you want to put me out of my misery by giving actual boost numbers, that would be greeeeeeat.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    wathombe wrote:
    Guess I'll wait until tomorrow morning before I put any ISO into Hood. Even if it's not Diabolical, I can (somewhat unsafely) assume that the boost % is similar for Courageous.

To answer your question, I'm 99% sure that boosted characters in lightning rounds are just straight up doubled. Double health, double match damage, double ability damage. I only believe this because I frequently go straight for a Molotov Cocktail in Hero LR's with my 141 Punisher to just destroy the other team with a 1300-ish wide nuke (possibly following a few strike tiles to make sure things get cleaned up). My level 100 Hood was hitting for > 1000 with his own black in Villain LRs.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    It's a shame, but making Hood the featured character necessary on both teams essentially nullifies what makes Hood so cool, which is AP denial. Most matches so far have been the other two characters doing useful things, while my Hood and their Hood play hot-potato with the same 1 AP ad nauseam.
    Except you burn down their hood while yours chills in the back yoinking their AP
  • My MMR is too high, I keep facing max teams that I fight often at the top of the shield training for kicks.

Not going to lie here, I was looking forward to this tourney to beat up on the people who don't have good Hoods...everyone in my MMR has good Hoods -.-
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    To answer your question, I'm 99% sure that boosted characters in lightning rounds are just straight up doubled. Double health, double match damage, double ability damage. I only believe this because I frequently go straight for a Molotov Cocktail in Hero LR's with my 141 Punisher to just destroy the other team with a 1300-ish wide nuke (possibly following a few strike tiles to make sure things get cleaned up). My level 100 Hood was hitting for > 1000 with his own black in Villain LRs.

Ah, thank you! Super helpful. I can cautiously spend some ISO, then.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Just had to share...I am currently sitting in 89th with a total of ZERO points...I should probably shield up.