Unholy Outlaw PvP Tournament - March 10th to 12th

Options

Comments

• More IM40 and C. Storm icon_rolleyes.gif
  • And the same terrible new reward structure of top 25 getting 100 HP instead of top 45. Oh well another tournament to tank.

This one has a speciality pack at least that gives you a chance at the hood.
  • Hrmm, I'll go from not having the character at all to almost having him fully covered in a week's time, lol.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Ctlr- C

Ctrl-P

Zzzzzx
  • jozier wrote:
    And the same terrible new reward structure of top 25 getting 100 HP instead of top 45. Oh well another tournament to tank.

This new PvP reward structure is just plain worse, right? Only 1 2* cover where it used to be 1, 2, and 3 covers and fewer 3* covers (if only slightly) as well as less HP.
  • IM40 and storm again? How about a tourney where the only buffed covers are thorverine and OBW at 500% everything. Lol?
  • bonerang wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    And the same terrible new reward structure of top 25 getting 100 HP instead of top 45. Oh well another tournament to tank.

This new PvP reward structure is just plain worse, right? Only 1 2* cover where it used to be 1, 2, and 3 covers and fewer 3* covers (if only slightly) as well as less HP.

Yup.

Have to Rank 10th to receive 2 3*** covers, instead of 15th
    Have to Rank 25th to receive 100 hero points, instead of 45th.
    Rank 26 - 50 yields 1 3*** cover, but only 50 hero points instead of 100.
    Rank 101-150 yields only 25 hero points instead of 50.
    2** rewards only yield 1 cover now instead of up to 3.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why would they hand out less ** covers
    I just don't understand

between that and the joke of a mmr that's been going on lately, it almost feels like they want players to skip the ** experience completely and go straight to ***
  • Puritas wrote:
    Why would they hand out less ** covers
    I just don't understand

between that and the joke of a mmr that's been going on lately, it almost feels like they want players to skip the ** experience completely and go straight to ***

The mmr to me seems like it's been gettin better. The reward structure on the other hand seems like it was devised by a crackpot.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I get the changes to the top prizes, but only offering 1 2* cover as rewards seems like a horrible way to go about things. If the devs wanted to make 3* characters be the main way to monetize this game, why are they making it harder for people to transition to 2* characters? Hopefully this is a bug or something, because this change could really hurt roster and playerbase growth in the long run.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interest in game at critically low levels. IM40 and Storm...again? *sigh*

I was beginning to enjoy PVP for a little while there, and now they've shanked it.
  • I get the changes to the top prizes, but only offering 1 2* cover as rewards seems like a horrible way to go about things. If the devs wanted to make 3* characters be the main way to monetize this game, why are they making it harder for people to transition to 2* characters? Hopefully this is a bug or something, because this change could really hurt roster and playerbase growth in the long run.

Between this and 3-star Thor, if I didn't know better I'd think they were trying to phase out 2-star characters entirely
  • Updated OP with placement / progression rewards, now to make sure I get top 25 for the ISO in the tournament with almost the exact same rewards.
  • Seems they don't want people doing intentionally bad to get 3 × 2-stars vs 1 × 3-star
  • Seems they don't want people doing intentionally bad to get 3 × 2-stars vs 1 × 3-star

Yeah, for some that was the difference between 750 vs 500 iso from selling covers. Too bad for people leveling 2* characters.
  • I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know the exact % that villains are buffed in the diabolical LRs (specifically, whether the Hood is buffed MORE or LESS in diabolical LRs than he is in Unholy Outlaw)?

I want to pump some ISO into the Hood for this tournament, but I don't want to accidentally level him so much that his yellow strike tile strength overshoots my lvl 138 (soon to be 141) Patch in LRs.

Thanks!
  • iirc you can level him inside the tourney section which will display his powered up values.
  • I get the changes to the top prizes, but only offering 1 2* cover as rewards seems like a horrible way to go about things. If the devs wanted to make 3* characters be the main way to monetize this game, why are they making it harder for people to transition to 2* characters? Hopefully this is a bug or something, because this change could really hurt roster and playerbase growth in the long run.

My personal opinion here, but given the recent changes to both PvE and PvP rewards, I'd say that the devs have decided that PvE is the new 2** training grounds, where every sub from now on will payout 2** heroic tokens (which will inevitably spawn 3*** and 4**** covers as well - roster space cash grab?). They have tuned PvP tourneys to be the place to earn 3*** covers, but they are making everyone fight tooth and nail for a very limited availability of multiple covers.
  • If the characters on the package are the only ones you get from the token, I would much rather have a normal heroic token. I guess I can just save it and it will switch over.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jozier wrote:

I hate this new reward structure.

I really really really hope they go back to the old format.