Unholy Outlaw PvP Tournament - March 10th to 12th

24567

Comments

  • Yea, plus they never introduce.a new character during a two day PvP event.
  • Gigas BreakerGigas Breaker Age Unconfirmed Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Wasn't Patch introduced in a pvp? Or am I just caraaaayzy?
  • Buff ain't gonna do much damage with hood but his ap steal and a bigger health pool is gonna get quite annoying at 100+.
  • Wasn't Patch introduced in a pvp? Or am I just caraaaayzy?

    Wrong. He was introduced in bugged dailies icon_e_wink.gif
  • I don't want a tourney where I can use Hood; I want a tourney where I can win him icon_e_sad.gif
  • I don't want a tourney where I can use Hood; I want a tourney where I can win him icon_e_sad.gif

    If Hood is featured you should at least get a chance through a featured token or something. They have been giving out heroics more lately though.
  • Gigas BreakerGigas Breaker Age Unconfirmed Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    Wasn't Patch introduced in a pvp? Or am I just caraaaayzy?

    Wrong. He was introduced in bugged dailies icon_e_wink.gif
    All I could remember was that it wasn't a normal week long pve.
  • All I could remember was that it wasn't a normal week long pve.

    You remember correctly, Patch was first introduced as a reward for the Rage and Ruin events where Ares was seriously pumped up.
  • DirigiblePilotDirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure it's Hood. Though it would be kinda cool if they introduced a new character in a PvP.
  • Anyone else notice the change in rewards? Only a single ** cover rewarded for ranks 51-200? They also changed the rewards for *** covers, so it's harder to get more than 1 cover (you need top 10 to get 2 covers, now... plus didn't they used to award *** cover for top 75 finish?). Add the fact that progression rewards & PvE subevents only offer **Heroic tokens... It definitely looks like it's getting harder for new players to actually build up any single character, especially a *** character. What's the point of saturating new characters every week if you can only get 1 or 2 covers for it? Very disappointing that the game is quickly progressing towards paying for HP if you want to max out any single character (or buying guaranteed packs for 1 *** cover) or even build a roster with your favorite characters.
  • WesFaram wrote:
    Anyone else notice the change in rewards? Only a single ** cover rewarded for ranks 51-200? They also changed the rewards for *** covers, so it's harder to get more than 1 cover (you need top 10 to get 2 covers, now... plus didn't they used to award *** cover for top 75 finish?). Add the fact that progression rewards & PvE subevents only offer **Heroic tokens... It definitely looks like it's getting harder for new players to actually build up any single character, especially a *** character. What's the point of saturating new characters every week if you can only get 1 or 2 covers for it? Very disappointing that the game is quickly progressing towards paying for HP if you want to max out any single character (or buying guaranteed packs for 1 *** cover) or even build a roster with your favorite characters.

    There is already a discussion on this topic in the Divine Champions thread.

    I've presented the same assertion myself. The trends seems to be implying that the devs want players to obtain enough covers of new characters to be workable (at least in buffed form), but not enough to max out a character through their introductory events. Yes, this would be an additional monetization maneuver and in combination with other recent changes, designed to encourage hero point purchases by players.
  • ClintmanClintman Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    Emeryt wrote:
    They probably checked some statistics and probably Hood is one of the least used ***char in the game. What's more, was he powered-up for any tourney except All-Villains or LR?
    Funny thing is, the Hood is one of the least affected characters from being powered up.
  • Clint wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    They probably checked some statistics and probably Hood is one of the least used ***char in the game. What's more, was he powered-up for any tourney except All-Villains or LR?
    Funny thing is, the Hood is one of the least affected characters from being powered up.

    For the most part yes, but a powered up intimidation can do a lot of damage at only 9 black AP (a skill not that many people use - BP, Doom, Psylocke, Loki and Punisher are the only ones off the top of my head right now that aren't low level).

    Plus other than Spidey, most 3* yellows are also negligble - a powered up twin pistols could be devastating, especially since it generates AP.
  • Time to take my new max Hood for a spin then, looking forward to it. Pve and running him in the divine tourney because I cannot reasonably place well with only an Ares is not enough. The Hood demands to be used.
  • akboyceakboyce Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    jozier wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    They probably checked some statistics and probably Hood is one of the least used ***char in the game. What's more, was he powered-up for any tourney except All-Villains or LR?
    Funny thing is, the Hood is one of the least affected characters from being powered up.

    For the most part yes, but a powered up intimidation can do a lot of damage at only 9 black AP (a skill not that many people use - BP, Doom, Psylocke, Loki and Punisher are the only ones off the top of my head right now that aren't low level).

    Plus other than Spidey, most 3* yellows are also negligble - a powered up twin pistols could be devastating, especially since it generates AP.

    Since Hood's yellow has no base damage itself it will only get the innate damage boost of Hood's powered up tiles. Only his black damage, tile strength, and HP will be directly buffed. He is definitely one of the weaker characters when buffed compared to other buffed characters.
  • akboyce wrote:

    Since Hood's yellow has no base damage itself it will only get the innate damage boost of Hood's powered up tiles. Only his black damage, tile strength, and HP will be directly buffed. He is definitely one of the weaker characters when buffed compared to other buffed characters.

    I remember a level 230 Hood did like 500 damage with Twin Pistols on episode 4. He only uses his tile strength to determine the damage too, so he doesn't even get the benefit of his allies there.
  • Phantron wrote:
    akboyce wrote:

    Since Hood's yellow has no base damage itself it will only get the innate damage boost of Hood's powered up tiles. Only his black damage, tile strength, and HP will be directly buffed. He is definitely one of the weaker characters when buffed compared to other buffed characters.

    I remember a level 230 Hood did like 500 damage with Twin Pistols on episode 4. He only uses his tile strength to determine the damage too, so he doesn't even get the benefit of his allies there.

    I remember him doing 2000, it just depends on where he hit on the board, and if his goons were still alive (Simulator). When he used Twin Pistols in that matchup, with the goons' absurdly high match damage (104 or something each), it was a painfully large amount of hellfire unleashed on my Spiderman.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    akboyce wrote:

    Since Hood's yellow has no base damage itself it will only get the innate damage boost of Hood's powered up tiles. Only his black damage, tile strength, and HP will be directly buffed. He is definitely one of the weaker characters when buffed compared to other buffed characters.

    I remember a level 230 Hood did like 500 damage with Twin Pistols on episode 4. He only uses his tile strength to determine the damage too, so he doesn't even get the benefit of his allies there.

    I remember him doing 2000, it just depends on where he hit on the board, and if his goons were still alive (Simulator). When he used Twin Pistols in that matchup, with the goons' absurdly high match damage (104 or something each), it was a painfully large amount of hellfire unleashed on my Spiderman.

    He doesn't get the benefit from the goons, because that 500 was while a goon is still alive, and goons have 103 damage to all colors.

    He can certainly hit 2K if he hits mostly tiles of his strengths.
  • EddiemonEddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lyrian wrote:

    I've presented the same assertion myself. The trends seems to be implying that the devs want players to obtain enough covers of new characters to be workable (at least in buffed form), but not enough to max out a character through their introductory events. Yes, this would be an additional monetization maneuver and in combination with other recent changes, designed to encourage hero point purchases by players.

    It's monetization for those who are impatient. For everyone else it means we can have meaningful competition rewards.

    I was selling Patch covers before his intro expired. All the Punisher progression rewards are just ISO to me etc. by leaving me with 7 colour Psylockes and Panthers it means they can give me worthwhile rewards in non launch events again.

    or they could just roll out IM40 again.
  • Yeah I think that is the right way to go. Introductory events give tournament winnners a chance to get a head start and an immediate advantage in the next Pvp tournament but it'd be rdiiculous to be able to max out a character from it's first event.
Sign In or Register to comment.