Divine Champions Mar 07 - Mar 09

Options

Comments

• Okay.... this tourney is starting to tinykitty me off.

I've been ran over about a dozen times over the last hour now as late entrants are starting to cram the tourney.

Every single tinykitty team has the exact same roster: MStorm + OBW + Thor.

Also, a big tinykitty to the CPU pulling offer a miracle 30-35 chain cascade that gave it literally 10-15 in every single color in one turn. Combine that with OBW Aggressive Recon, and I ate Thor's Red + Yellow + Green on THREE consecutive turns.

Grrr....
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Okay.... this tourney is starting to tinykitty me off.

I've been ran over about a dozen times over the last hour now as late entrants are starting to cram the tourney.

Also, a big tinykitty to the CPU pulling offer a miracle 30-35 chain cascade that gave it literally 10-15 in every single color in one turn. Combine that with OBW Aggressive Recon, and I ate Thor's Red + Yellow + Green on THREE consecutive turns.

Grrr....

Welcome to the club. Aggressive recon is ****.
  • Been attacked 6 times since getting to 300 last night for the token, won 4 defenses sitting at 359 at 41st now heh. 85 Ares/OBW 141 Hood.

Do not think I have the gas for a top 5, with this mostly non buffed team, need IM40 blues and reds so a easy blue is fine. Probably push for the 100 HP standings and the 50HP at 500 and call it a tourney.

EDIT: What...first place is only 616, what is this madness...urge to max out my CStorm with my banked ISO and crush this...Must resist...
  • I've been playing this leisurely...currently sitting ~top 50 with 300 or so points.

I've been running 115 Spidey, 115 Hood, and 80 Ares.

Haven't gotten attacked much so far.

Agreed that facing Storm OBW and Thor is getting old.

marc
  • Lyrian wrote:

Those I see are mostly CStrom/OBW/Thor, but together indeed cover 90%+. I'm going with Ares/Punisher/X just to differ. (X= CMags or obw on push, hulk on final battle for defense.) Just love Onslought+Retribution. Not so much love healing Ares afterwards, but that's the drill. Fortunately he's good to go with some wounds and even down costs just short time.

Eating up Thor green? I'd probably use the retreat button. Right after a successful recon there probably.
  • Well that was fun, stopped just shy of 600 points in 2nd which might be enough for top 10.don't really care as i only want the iso. Nobody attacks me anymore since i got the punisher. Plus i tanked my mmr so badly it hurts. Kinda feel sorry for the level 30's im bashing for points.. ..but then i remember i was once in that position.so i laugh instead.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

Grrr....

Heh, I'm running Thor/C.Storm/OBW, and at least half of my matches have been mirror matches, with 80% of the rest being 2-out-of-3 near-mirror matches subbing in MStorm, Rags, or Ares. It's actually better than my past couple of tourneys, where it felt like 60-80% of my opponents (even with skipping) used Daken. I f---ing hate Daken.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

Those I see are mostly CStrom/OBW/Thor, but together indeed cover 90%+. I'm going with Ares/Punisher/X just to differ. (X= CMags or obw on push, hulk on final battle for defense.) Just love Onslought+Retribution. Not so much love healing Ares afterwards, but that's the drill. Fortunately he's good to go with some wounds and even down costs just short time.

Eating up Thor green? I'd probably use the retreat button. Right after a successful recon there probably.

That's exactly what I'm running... (Ares/Punisher/X).

Took the first round of Thor without a sweat, knew I could heal the damage.
    When the second round of Thor went off, that downed everyone but Ares, who would have been downed on a retreat.
    The third Thor cycle was just rude, slamming the banhammer repeatedly on Ares's corpse after another AI cascade chain icon_e_confused.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Running Patch / Loki / Spidey just to be different.

I am so in love with Loki's purple at one cover.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Debating whether or not to chase for first, which is currently at 740 points. X-Force is currently 5/4/1 so this would be the last red that I would need, but my team (141 Punisher/141 Mags/85 Thor) isn't ideal for taking the tournament.
  • This tournament has been a weird one. I'm using 85 OBW/Ares and 100 Hood and was unshielded til fairly late on and just killing the masses of 85 thor/OBW/C.Storm or 50 M.Storm teams which must be well over 90% of the teams i've seen to hit to get a decent number of points (900 ish and cba to do anything else).

The funny bit is i've been attacked a lot but probably roughly broken even with WAY WAY more defensive wins than usual. I'm kind of curious how i'm getting those wins, I presume Hood is stealing enough AP to let Ares batter people with his awesome damage output but i'm still surprised so many ppl have lost to that team....
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only tournament that beat this one for sheer tedium was Big Thunder. This game has made me hate Thor and Storm.
  • The only tournament that beat this one for sheer tedium was Big Thunder. This game has made me hate Thor and Storm.

Yep. Fortunately storm does not much before falling to onslought. Thor needs some work. At least the buff is set to less than it was the last time IIRC.
  • The only characters that ever give me pvp problems are

OBW - aggressive recon. (Heal hurts a lil)
    Spidey - spider-sense (heal hurts not as much as OBW heal)
    Mag c - occasionally 1 shots with a transmagnetic - not too bad
    Ares - can do moderate damage quickly

On rarer occasions
    Thor - his green takes a big chunk especially when buffed
    Hood - ap steal can be a tad annoying but typically doesn't cost me matches.
    Hulk - if I'm not running spidey his black can be a super pain

Edit: black panther would most likely be on the list for his aoe attack if he was more available.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The only tournament that beat this one for sheer tedium was Big Thunder. This game has made me hate Thor and Storm.

This tourney makes me cry for what the future holds. I don't think i can tolerate another Thor that does more damage and has higher HP. icon_cry.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos wrote:

This tourney makes me cry for what the future holds. I don't think i can tolerate another Thor that does more damage and has higher HP. icon_cry.gif

You and me both. The first gold 3* they roll out is the most over-used 2*...brilliant. Might be the kick I need to bow out.

Dark Souls 2 this week anyway icon_e_wink.gif
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Should I be aiming for the IM40 cover for which I have only one cover (so I have it) or the Storm cover (which I am only a few covers away from completing)?
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Put up a shield in second. Other people in the top 5 also put up shields recently so it should be a pretty safe top 5. I'll finally max out my IM40 at 5/3/5 after this. I don't even think I'll be able to focus on leveling him up for a while, but at least I won't be cover limited when I do eventually get around to doing so. Plus this means I won't have to try so hard when he is inevitably a prize again in the future.
  • Put up a shield in second. Other people in the top 5 also put up shields recently so it should be a pretty safe top 5. I'll finally max out my IM40 at 5/3/5 after this. I don't even think I'll be able to focus on leveling him up for a while, but at least I won't be cover limited when I do eventually get around to doing so. Plus this means I won't have to try so hard when he is inevitably a prize again in the future.

My im40 was the 1st 3* I ever got. My patch is lvl 95 and once lvl 100 will be my 8th lvl 100+ 3*.
    This tourney will finally let me finish my IM40 covers as a 5/4/4 and oddly enough since he and Loki will be the only max cover characters left in line, he's next up.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Should I be aiming for the IM40 cover for which I have only one cover (so I have it) or the Storm cover (which I am only a few covers away from completing)?

Depends on what the rest of your roster is like. If you have plenty of 2*'s to go with then trying to collect some 3*'s isn't bad.
    Otherwise finishing off a character I would say is probably best. And green is one of the better colours for c storm.