Divine Champions Mar 07 - Mar 09

Options

Comments

• Unity wrote:
    I haven't got attacked since I joined. I guess no one wants to fight 85-Ares/Thor, 85 C-Storm, 85 Obw ?

I'd skip that unless worth 30+ points in this tourney. and even then I'd queue up and only attack you with massive boosts at the end of the tournament as the very last opponent I would face.

7800 health for Ares/Thor is a seriously big deterrent. Heck, I still have to keep reminding myself that MStorm has enough health to endure long enough to fire Mistress of Elements even if you go after her first.

In short, I would look at that and immediately go "NOPE!" and slam the skip button, and gladly eat the 10 ISO tax then fight that.
  • Unity wrote:
    I haven't got attacked since I joined. I guess no one wants to fight 85-Ares/Thor, 85 C-Storm, 85 Obw ?
    Can I? icon_e_smile.gif

Anyway, time to start grinding. Lost about 150pts for the last 24hrs (as expected) in about 10-15matches and now it's hard not to smile when I see those retaliations worth 27, 37 and 40pts.

TBH I rarely find a team which I want to skip.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Tanking troll team of mStorm, oBW and Hood is in.
  • 2hrs later, mostly thx to retaliations, I'm sitting comfortably at #1 with 719pts.

top10:
    1. me shielded 719
    2. 557 shielded
    3. 536 shielded
    4 - 10. from 508 to 395, all unshielded.

No known names in top10. Asia started making their push, we'll see how it'll go.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    2hrs later, mostly thx to retaliations, I'm sitting comfortably at #1 with 719pts.

top10:
    1. me shielded 719
    2. 557 shielded
    3. 536 shielded

No known names in top10. Asia started making their push, we'll see how it'll go.
    My bracket is similar, 1 and 2 are at 550ish and then everyone else is at like 400 or below.
  • Unity wrote:

Yep, not unless absolutely needed. The even is the same bore it was last time (though at least they fixed the scene lately at least. But IIRC then it offered some good prizes at least. Think this time I'll just go for a lazy 50 or 100hp without spending or playing many games. Even just fighting up to the 500 makes me feel ZZzzzz.
  • Just noticed the placement prize structure changed a lot... now top10 needed for 2 covers rather then 15. Though HP is spread out more.

Stashed 3 40+ matches for faster climb icon_e_smile.gif
  • Been sitting shielded at 834 since last night. 2nd is 694 and 10th is 481.
  • In my bracket things are crazy. #1 is shielded at 744 and until a few moments ago we were 3 players (#2-4) with 633 points. I managed to get to 725, but it was too early to shield so I will play every 2-3 hours until the end to prevent my rating from dropping too low and make some ISO. I am hoping for a top 5, but even top 10 is fine.
  • No one seem eager to play, With a few games I stopped under 400 and it's good for #20 ATM. And offering only <20 pts matches already started. Guess no point looking back before -7 hours mark or even later.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    2hrs later, mostly thx to retaliations, I'm sitting comfortably at #1 with 719pts.

top10:
    1. me shielded 719
    2. 557 shielded
    3. 536 shielded

8hrs later:

1. me shielded 744 (I love winning retaliations!)
    2. 613 (just dropped from around 640)
    3. 601 - funny thing - he's unshielded for 4-5hrs now and it seems no one attacked him. midlevel roster.
    4. 557 still shielded
    5. 536 still shielded
    6-10. from 535 to 468.

Looks like I'm having pretty safe #1, and 100% chance for top5.
    But just to be sure I'll wake up at 5.30AM and track ranking.
  • Very quiet in my bracket, as well.

Approaching 8 hours to go (mid-shield territory), and I can see the tumbleweeds blowing in my bracket.

I'm very, very casually in first at 720 right now and have only been attacked maybe three times in the last 24 hours unshielded. Collecting a few high value retaliations for later from some people who poked at me from 800+ looking for a 15 pointer, for a nice 30+ turnaround push later tonight.

On the other hand, no one is really trying to make a push at all in my bracket so far. Second and third have locked in at just over 600, fourth and lower are right on 500 or lower.

I think no one really wants to fight boosted 85 CStorms, Thors, and Areses. Boosted 85 Call of Storm seriously sucks and well Boosted 85 Ares anything makes the opponent a very sad panda. IM40s rewards are likely targeted towards newer players who don't have a full build of him, as he hasn't really be offered in a significant way lately for the newer players.

The main concept here, that I think most are missing is that 40% boosted 85 Thor is likely what an unboosted 141 Modern Thor would output for damage. Food for thought.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    The main concept here, that I think most are missing is that 40% boosted 85 Thor is likely what an unboosted 141 Modern Thor would output for damage. Food for thought.
    Me like. But not that much to spend ISO on the gold version.
  • A 3* may have 40% more HP than a 2* but they're nowhere close to 40% more damage. If you look at the damage per red AP you'll find that the best unconditional damage king for red AP is actually Wolverine 2* (Patch and Punisher could be more, but also could be less, depending on the game conditions). Once you throw all the characters who should be balanced, it's questionable whether a 3* does more damage than a 2* on average at all, and that's fine because that's why the 3* have a lot more HPs. In terms of a balanced package, very few 3* measures up to what Thor or Ares brings (ability to do damage in 3 colors reliably).
  • I'm at 902 and there's still people trying to catch me. Lol
    #2 is at 823 shielded again and #3 is at 789 pushing forward.

Hopefully I don't have to waste too much hp too secure this 4*. Neither of them are even in the 3* phase yet. They don't need it icon_e_smile.gif.
  • I went to 200 yesterday afternoon, pushed to 300 this morning, and to 522 in 3rd place (now fourth) this evening. I'm shielded past the end of the tournament - I'll just let whatever happens happen at this point; I'd rather spend time on the PVE. I'm guessing I'll get some retaliations at some point; hoping for some defensive wins. Top 5 would be nice but probably won't happen; top ten is reasonably likely (#10 is 100 points behind me); top 25 is probable. I think.
  • I started to feel someone's breath on my neck, but they must've got some retaliations back and I'm comfortably almost 200pts above #2.
  • Phantron wrote:
    A 3* may have 40% more HP than a 2* but they're nowhere close to 40% more damage. If you look at the damage per red AP you'll find that the best unconditional damage king for red AP is actually Wolverine 2* (Patch and Punisher could be more, but also could be less, depending on the game conditions). Once you throw all the characters who should be balanced, it's questionable whether a 3* does more damage than a 2* on average at all, and that's fine because that's why the 3* have a lot more HPs. In terms of a balanced package, very few 3* measures up to what Thor or Ares brings (ability to do damage in 3 colors reliably).

Interesting point there.

When full stats for a 3*** MThor are published, assessing his worth against the existing 3***s will be very interesting to analyze.
  • Tourney must be unpopular. #18 with 348. 1,2,3,4,5 is 757,681,587,543,471.
  • Was about to make sure I got position 6-10 for final yellow IM40, then I pulled one from a standard token, so only need a final blue now, which only requires top 50 icon_e_smile.gif