Divine Champions Mar 07 - Mar 09

Comments

• Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    oh damn 2500 ISO, almost missed that
    guess I'll have to push for top 25 (sigh)
  • Ppl do realize this is just more hp nerfing right? Top 25 for 100 hp instead of top 45. With 2** being worth 250, and normally getting about 250 for an iso reward, most of the tiers , especially the lower ones, are effectively being given the same amount of iso.. only fewer characters...which means hp nerf in the form of fewer 2** characters given (cost hp to buy..low lvls might do it).

Top 10 are getting a better reward. This causes more pushing for said better reward which might mean someone dropping an extra shield. Aka...more hp spent.

11-25 is a rebracketing of the 6-15 reward (nerfed) and 16-45 reward (buff for 16-25).

26-50 reward was part of the aforementioned rebracketing and is the "nerfed" segment. Not a 100% complete nerf though, more like a tradeoff of iso to hp at a ratio of about 20:1. Not a beneficial tradeoff in the longrun.

51-100 loses 2 covers and gains about 1000 iso. Net gain of 500 iso for a player with the character cover maxed. It's a nerf to hp for why I said earlier though;even 2** covers are technically worth hp.

100 and below I am honestly not sure what the old were but I think it was about the same overall.

Small iso gain, small but slightly higher hp drop. Won't look bad, bit over time it will add up to a more noticeable drop in ppl's hp income, which I assume is the goal. Not unfair, jist something to take note of as a while down the line ppl will find it harder and harder to shield (without spending cash) if the small hp nerfs keep coming in. Of course, then they throw 200 hp a day or
    so at us for stuff like this pve and I think "huh..but you just...why? Whatever, not gonna complain about free hp" lol.
  • I actually like this reward system. Let's not kid ourselves, HP is where D3 is making its money. If we put aside roster slots, HP is currently only used for Shield, and for the richest among us, cover upgrade. It makes sense to me, and I do not think it is a big deal. I do hope though that they will propose other use for HP in the very near future.

At the same time, we were all complaining about the lack of ISO, and they addressed this with the non-skip bonus, and now with the increased reward. Good move.

That being said, I like the tournament, it feels good to use Ares again, what a powerhouse when boosted! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • This tournament really keeps you on your toes, if you slip and let Ares or Thor get off a power, you're pretty much done.

I love how 85 Ares can clear an entire enemy team if he's under 25%, such a powerhouse.
  • This tournament really keeps you on your toes, if you slip and let Ares or Thor get off a power, you're pretty much done.

I love how 85 Ares can clear an entire enemy team if he's under 25%, such a powerhouse.

'If you slip?' You mean when the computer magically drops itself into infinite AP
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    This tournament really keeps you on your toes, if you slip and let Ares or Thor get off a power, you're pretty much done.

I'm thinking that must be the only way my tank team of lvl 85 Ares (had no choice but to use him), lvl 6 Bagman, and lvl 1 Yelena successfully defended a battle. (Unless the attacker just tanked the fight by retreating.)
  • K, grinded my way up to 416pts and #1 in my bracket. Very lazy bracket. I guess I'll lose 100-200pts for the next 24hrs, then start climbing up again.
  • I think it's my fault if there are less hp rewards... I kinda suggested that the hp reward curve be better not that long ago and they came up with this change: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3856

Sorry guys.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Microtom wrote:
    I think it's my fault if there are less hp rewards... I kinda suggested that the hp reward curve be better not that long ago and they came up with this change: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3856

Sorry guys.
    There he is! Get him!
  • As you could probably guess I'm rocking my rags punisher spidey like I have been a lot as of late. Sitting at #1. Should be able to bring my IM40 from a 4/3/5 to a 5/4/4. Maybe that will make him semi viable.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    I seem to be in the minority but I don't like the new reward structure at all.

I would always take the opportunity to get more covers rather than some additional hp/ISO.
  • PorkBelly wrote:

I would always take the opportunity to get more covers rather than some additional hp/ISO.
    Agreed. You can earn Iso during any tournament. Covers you need only come up rarely.
  • Is this tournament just unappealing? I've barely been attacked. I've been attacked maybe 3 times. Usually I'd have been attacked 10 or so times by now

Or maybe my team is just too annoying for people around my power level (slightly beyond 1* territory). M Storm/61 Thor/69 Daken. If you don't kill Storm on time you'll get some infinite cascades, and if you DO kill Storm, great, a bunch of green has been stored up and Thor is ready to unleash hell with his green. Not to mention the bajillion extra damage due to Daken's tiles
  • I finally got around to starting, figuring I'd get a relatively quiet bracket starting a little after the subs reset. Got up to 200 or so, but my Thor/Ares/Ragnarok team, while it tends to shred opponents, also tends to take a ton of damage. I'd like the IM40 covers (even after getting top 5 the other day and getting one of each, mine is still only at 3/2/1) but I don't know how willing I am to hammer away at this one, especially since Thor is pulling double duty here and in the PVE.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I finally got around to starting, figuring I'd get a relatively quiet bracket starting a little after the subs reset. Got up to 200 or so, but my Thor/Ares/Ragnarok team, while it tends to shred opponents, also tends to take a ton of damage. I'd like the IM40 covers (even after getting top 5 the other day and getting one of each, mine is still only at 3/2/1) but I don't know how willing I am to hammer away at this one, especially since Thor is pulling double duty here and in the PVE.

I would prolly skip a Thor ares rag worth less than 20 points ATM. I'm sitting in #1 with 760 points so 20 points is a ton ATM btw.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Since I tend to get top 10, this reward system is good for me. BUT having recently convinced a few more people to start the game, it's VERY bad for them, since there's less gold and fewer 2*Storm covers than there 'should be'.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    PorkBelly wrote:

I'm with ya. My C.Storm is two covers away from max (either green or yellow will do), so I'm annoyed at the single-cover-only 2* reward structure. I hope this isn't the reward structure going forward, even though I won't be cover-collecting much for 2*s after a couple more covers for CStorm, OBW, and Thor.

I prefer covers over Iso, but for me, it's a tossup between HP and 2* covers.
  • Sometimes I wonder what the point of playing this game - normally happens when the enemy team generates enough AP by the second team to utterly destroy me.
  • I haven't got attacked since I joined. I guess no one wants to fight 85-Ares/Thor, 85 C-Storm, 85 Obw ?
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I finally got around to starting, figuring I'd get a relatively quiet bracket starting a little after the subs reset. Got up to 200 or so, but my Thor/Ares/Ragnarok team, while it tends to shred opponents, also tends to take a ton of damage. I'd like the IM40 covers (even after getting top 5 the other day and getting one of each, mine is still only at 3/2/1) but I don't know how willing I am to hammer away at this one, especially since Thor is pulling double duty here and in the PVE.

I would prolly skip a Thor ares rag worth less than 20 points ATM. I'm sitting in #1 with 760 points so 20 points is a ton ATM btw.

That's part of my strategy actually - it's a dangerous enough team on defense to keep me from dropping too easily. Lots of hitpoints, slow to kill, liable to mess up another team. Should give me some defensive wins, and a lot of people skipping it. And they're all boosted.