Funny things you say while playing?

Comments

• Ungoliant
    Ungoliant Posts: 29
    Whenever Juggernaut does his greentile.png , it sounds like "UNSTOPPABLE CRAAASSH!!!!!" silently in my head.

Whenever there's a ridiculous cascade that favors the AI, all I do is groan this; "oh, come ON."
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I nearly orgasm and yell "yes, another critical boost! I love getting that rather than the command point".
    It's funny you said this. I actually have started using the critical boosts and they were extremely helpful in civil war. But yeah I prefer the command point too but just saying critical boosts are not useless.

I had so many match fives with criticals and they did massive amount of damage when combined with the critical boosts. I ran out of critical boosts during the event!

Try it with scarlet witch, GSBW!
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    I have a few songs that pop into my head, but the one I can't escape:

Luke Cage Unbreakable = Kimmy Schmidt theme tune

UN-BREAKABLE, THEY ALIVE DAMMIT!
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    bobbyfish wrote:

ITS A MEEEER-A-KUL!!!!!!!
  • Steirerbua
    Steirerbua Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    cozmo1682 wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:

Speaking of Cage and Music: His first punch of JabJabCross is usually the first beat of Survivor's Eye of the Tiger in my head. Usually I activate this power twice to three times in a row, thus continuing the hard beats of the song.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I throw back to old-school Capcom fighters and hear "Iiiiiii'm Juggernaut!" when I get his headbutt, pull another 1* cover, or down him (In which case, I hear "Heeeeeee was Juggernaut!")

By the same token, whenever I down Tony Stark, I internally sing, "He wuz Iron Man, dadadada-DaDaDa!"

And I've started to shout "Faaaace-meltah!" whenever I use IM40s Unibeam. I have no clue how that's a thing, but it is.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    BearVenger wrote:
    I throw back to old-school Capcom fighters and hear "Iiiiiii'm Juggernaut!" when I get his headbutt, pull another 1* cover, or down him (In which case, I hear "Heeeeeee was Juggernaut!")

By the same token, whenever I down Tony Stark, I internally sing, "He wuz Iron Man, dadadada-DaDaDa!"

And I've started to shout "Faaaace-meltah!" whenever I use IM40s Unibeam. I have no clue how that's a thing, but it is.
    Coincidentally, since others have commented on Nova's yellow power (which is the only one of his three that I lack), I actually say "pew pew pew" for Unibeam myself. Only it's more of a "PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PEEEWWW!!!"
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    BearVenger wrote:

Coincidentally, since others have commented on Nova's yellow power (which is the only one of his three that I lack), I actually say "pew pew pew" for Unibeam myself. Only it's more of a "PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PE-PEEEWWW!!!"

Nova yellow gets the pew pew pew from me!
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Sometimes, in the last wave of a survival node when I've got an absolute sick number of cap's protect tiles out, I'll not stun someone just so they can use an ability. Then I'll say in my best steve voice, "I could do this all day".
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Any time I play against Ragnarok and have enough AP to trigger a massive attack (Cyclops Full Blast!!!) I say "Lightning rod THIS tinykitty!"
  • Cartoon Face
    Cartoon Face Posts: 103
    "Hello Cupcake"
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Whenever KK fires her passive, "Bring out your dead!", from Monty Python.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    *AI Groot fires "I Got a Plan", matches it in the same turn*

Me: "Excellent plan."
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    whenever the goon launch shadow knifes, i start singing Shadowland from the Lion King b-way musical. I may be the only person into MPQ and broadway.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    "Sweet! More crit boosts!"
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    *AI Ragnarok fires Lightning Rod*
    Me: "MORE LIKE LIGHTNING FRAUD, YOU STUPID COMPUTER."

*Blue match made during a game featuring Quicksilver*
    Me (emulating NBA Jam): "He's speeding up!"
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Every time I fire off HB's blue power I say "Hazim, LIGHT!!" because of how similar he looks in the animation to the Mondoshawans from 5th Element. Any because of the light particles that fall down around him.

fBhWlUl.jpg?1

943cYD3.jpg?1
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Steirerbua wrote:
    cozmo1682 wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:

Speaking of Cage and Music: His first punch of JabJabCross is usually the first beat of Survivor's Eye of the Tiger in my head. Usually I activate this power twice to three times in a row, thus continuing the hard beats of the song.

Me too. I tend to sing the songs in my head for a lot of powers (and then they get stuck in my head):
    AC/DC - Thunderstruck (2 and 3 star Thor's yellow)
    Li'l Jon - Turn Down for What? (4Pool's purple)
    Foreigner - Cold as Ice (Iceman purple)
    Offspring - Smash (Hulk red)
    Johnston Freedy - Bad Reputation (Gamora black)
    Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies (Elektra red)
    Karate Kid montage - You're the best, around! Nothin's gonna ever bring you down! (Kamala Khan yellow, Patch red)
    Kenny Loggins - Lana. Lana. Laaaaaanaaaaa! (Nova black)

And movie/video game quotes:
    "O'Doyle Rules!" (Carnage green)
    "Fireball!" [in a female voice with weird accent from Street Fighter 3] (Human Torch red)
    "Uppercut!" [same female arcade voice from SF3] (Luke Cage yellow)
    "Sonic BOOM!" [Guile from SF2] (Captain Marvel 2* black)
    "My love for you is ticking clock BERSERKER!" [Oleg - Clerks] (Patch green)
    "I have a big head and tiny arms" [Meet the Robinsons] (Devil Dino - purple)
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,550 Chairperson of the Boards
    *AI Groot fires "I Got a Plan", matches it in the same turn*

Me: "Excellent plan."

Whenever the AI fires that off, I like to say "Ok, first of all, you're copying me when I said I have a plan."
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    tinny kitty, tinny kitty, tiny kitty, tiny kitty. I sound like a pokemon named tiny kitty. It's funny because people look at me weird when I do this.