Poll - PVE format, which do you prefer?

sinnerjfl
sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Simple poll, just wondering what is everyone's preference.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's how I would make PVE better.

Keep Prog goals low. Isn't it enough to play the game for hours each day? Shouldn't that give you the good rewards?

More ISO for nodes.

Scale Prizes with difficulty. Or as other have suggested, offer an easy pve with small prizes or a tough pve with much better prizes

No more Crit boosts as a prize.. should only be random drops.

Offer more event tokens and cp.

Keep a few very easy nodes. Those nodes are fun!!! We need some fun in this game!!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    nothing they've changed has benefitted me, only made it worse for me. compared to the "old" system.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about a 3rd option, not happy with either of them, they need to keep testing?
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    "Hard to harder" is not what we have anymore. The current new scaling ranges from slightly above the old minimum to slightly below the old maximum.

I think a hybrid is what they'll eventually settle on: something like 3 clears before the timer and a return to an 8 hour cd after that. And I think that seems fine.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    What about the genuine PVE (Growth Industries/Gauntlet) option? I'd prefer that to the Grind PVP that they call "PVE" now.
  • sinnerjfl
    "Hard to harder" is not what we have anymore. The current new scaling ranges from slightly above the old minimum to slightly below the old maximum.

I think a hybrid is what they'll eventually settle on: something like 3 clears before the timer and a return to an 8 hour cd after that. And I think that seems fine.

First node of sub 2 for me starts at 90. I mean, that's not difficult to beat but its still 3 times as high as first nodes usually, and it goes up +10 every time I clear it.

That's somewhat significant to me.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Need 3rd option of play when you want but with progressive awards only.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Didn't even think about it. Given a choice btw those two options, old system all day long
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker

No offense (genuinely).

But this is no good and won't solve the problem. This style would only result in the same optimal grinding we have now.

Those that can rabbit will still dominate the placement.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Need 3rd option of play when you want but with progressive awards only along with:

Either:
    1) more 3* and 4* nodes each event so that it is easier for more advanced rosters to hit the higher points because they can clear more nodes
    2) higher point values for 3* and 4* essentials so that more advanced rosters have an advantage over rosters that are not as diverse or soft capped.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Poll options are biased but none the less I prefer the old format
  • Renaldoo
    Renaldoo Posts: 114
    Honestly, the 8-hour refreshes were the worst thing ever. It boggles my mind that anyone would want to go back to that.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    old system, there's no way around it for me.

with the old system, I know that if I hit dem nodes 3-4 times, I'll finish in the top 50-100

with this experimental test, unless I hit every damn node 7 times and more I risk finishing on 150-200 place

i just don't have the necessary time to grind like crazy, nor would I want to spend endless hours bashing my head against the wall cause it's the only way to actually maintain the spot from the old system
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Sometimes the old ways are still the best...

Been getting really burnt out with all of this PVE testing going on. I'm not opposed to the idea of mixing the two - having some nodes refresh while others can be cleared over and over. As it currently stands, if they adapt this new format I don't think I'll be able to last much longer.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    not sure why people keep making polls about this topic its already a dead horse.. If they were not plan on changing it they would not test it 3 times or at all... the new PVE will be here to stay once they get the AI worked out simple as that...

A way to fix PVE once and for all...

A... Make it all a group event (never happen)

B.. 1 full clear = ISO
    1.5 full clears = hp
    2 full clears = 2 star
    3 full clears = 1 3 star
    4 full clears = 2 3 stars
    5 full clears = 3rd 3 star
    6 full clears = 4 star
    7 full clears = cp
    8 full clears = 2nd 4 star
    9 full clears = 3rd 4 star
    10 full clears = punch in the nuts for grinding so much icon_e_smile.gif

but at least there your playing against the system and not against people
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Where's the option for NEITHER? lol.

Cuz neither offers anything close to awarding us for the actual time and focus that they require............
  • sinnerjfl
    slidecage wrote:
    not sure why people keep making polls about this topic its already a dead horse.. If they were not plan on changing it they would not test it 3 times or at all... the new PVE will be here to stay once they get the AI worked out simple as that...

D3/DU looooove their metrics, a poll is pretty much the fastest/cleanest way to let them know what people think *wink wink*
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    The Old one.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starsaber wrote:
    What about the genuine PVE (Growth Industries/Gauntlet) option? I'd prefer that to the Grind PVP that they call "PVE" now.

Gauntlet is okay every once in a while, but it would get very tedious to run it all the time and that is even if you ignore how tight they are with the rewards on them.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Any system that loosens the pursestrings by a lot would be popular. The biggest mistake they made with the current system wasn't really anything to do with implementation. They just forgot to bribe the players into accepting it.