**** Drax (The Destroyer) ****

Options

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Star lord would be good probably, everyone with me is a handy tool to bring down Drax's huge costs.

Flaptain is a bad call. You don't want secret weapon (if you choose to use it) being taken away any faster than it has to be.

I recommend IM40.

If I could see what your roster is I'd be able to give better advice.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    Level 450 OML, no other leveled fivestars.
    27 fourstar champions - if I max Drax then all the available fourstars in the Heroic will be maxed.
    All threestars championed.
    Full two-star farm.
    Juggernaut, Modern Black Widow and Modern Storm.
    I am not lacking options. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Level 450 OML, no other leveled fivestars.
    27 fourstar champions - if I max Drax then all the available fourstars in the Heroic will be maxed.
    All threestars championed.
    Full two-star farm.
    Juggernaut, Modern Black Widow and Modern Storm.
    I am not lacking options. icon_e_smile.gif

icon_cry.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    recently champed him due to cover glut and I like this guy. boosted he can do so much damage. I have no issues taking on a champ oml with him. and that is a kind of litmus test for characters.

one bad thing I've found is the purple cds process together if there's more than one. I thought I might get 2 kills out of it but I didn't.

sure AI won't play him right at all, but lots of characters are like that (ice, cyke, rulk, cage). in my hands he does craploads of damage.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    recently champed him due to cover glut and I like this guy. boosted he can do so much damage.
    I agree. I never understood the hate for him, and now that I've used him champed and buffed, I understand it even less. He can quickly solve a lot of problems.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun running Drax, Quake and Star-Lord in the Heroic. Plenty of interesting combination moves you can pull off there. One favorite is firing Drax' Purple, then next turn use Slice and Dice on a full Health enemy and then fire Quake's green. That usually leads to Three dead enemies in one go. icon_e_smile.gif
    I also like that you can spam Everyone with me to get extra cheap countdowns to burn with The Destroyer. 5 yellow AP to double the damage output is not a bad deal. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Blahahah
    Options
    I knew I wasn't crazy icon_mad.gif
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Drax + xpool

CDs for Drax for only 7AP. Oh, and they explode if matched. Everyone keeps talking about ant man. I'm liking xpool more.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    Drax + xpool

CDs for Drax for only 7AP. Oh, and they explode if matched. Everyone keeps talking about ant man. I'm liking xpool more.

It is a solid combo, but there are two problems:

(1) Perfect color overlap. Both xpool and drax have very good red powers, and you need to find a blue/yellow/green 3rd wheel or you are leaving some colors fallow

(2) Drax removes, but does not destroy the CD's, so you are losing some of the value of casting countdown for nothing (this is also true of antman and is, in general, a big part of why drax is not great).
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    Drax + xpool

It is a solid combo, but there are two problems:

(1) Perfect color overlap. Both xpool and drax have very good red powers, and you need to find a blue/yellow/green 3rd wheel or you are leaving some colors fallow

(2) Drax removes, but does not destroy the CD's, so you are losing some of the value of casting countdown for nothing (this is also true of antman and is, in general, a big part of why drax is not great).

For 1) all I want is to feed Drax's black. Im not gonna find a rainbow but mystique blue looks good so far and her blue gets rid of yellow and green. Also, Xpool's black is passive and deals damage as well. I can decide which red to use (Drax's early, Xpool's late)

2) Drax not being "great" is irrelevant. As long as he's usable (I've got him at 5/2/2 right now), I'm fine. Kinda what the thread is about. Using him.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I´ve just tested the "new" Drax in Black Vortex and I have to admit that he´s playing very well. His purple which was lackluster before (since it has ended your turn), is Drax´s best ability now. It does 1.9k (boosted; 950 unboosted) damage for each expired friendly CD tile. I can´t wait to use him with Star-Lord in goon nodes! B)
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Anyone noticed the sell value of Drax right now? I wanted to refresh my memory about the changes done to his powers and imagine my surprise when I saw the first page showing my:

Drax lvl 147 2/3/2 with sell value of 
    19k iso and 2k hp - no other 4*

Is this intentional due to the changes made to the char so that ppl can sell him if they don't like the changes?
    (little offtop: my 2 yellow cover OML shows a sell value 16k iso and 1x 5* token  )

Not sure if I missed any recent news, I check regularly so I'm really surprised.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    The sale value is Always increased when a character is changed. People are dissatisfied with Changes for the strangest reasons...
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I personally like the changes made to him. I think it's a big plus that they changed the Purple power because it was expensive and the supposed synergy towards 4* Star Lord was weak IMHO
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wasp + carol are insane again with drax=) countdown damage bug reintroduced=)
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I've been having lots of fun in the Simulator PvE with new Drax, Wasp and TAHulk, all boosted. Works pretty well. :)
    One thing to note about The Destroyer is that it destroys tiles one at a time instead of all at once, so the cascade potential is quite high. I think it is still the best power to leave at 3 covers, but it definitely comes in handy from time to time. It's also worth noting that it can remove countdown tiles.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Drax still works well with Antman. Been using a team of......

Drax 5/4/4 lvl 168
    Antman 3/1/4 lvl 152
    Carol 5/5/3

get Antwan's yellow out and watch the damage go. Secret Weapon and Executive Decision operate one after the other and just melt the opponent. If you've got enough purple, activate Drax's Secret Weapon right before Ants, Ants, Ants to power that strike up. 

And man.... Destroyer is really good at what it does and at making cascades. 

Im now motivated to champ Drax and Antman. 

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thinking about taking the plunge and champing Drax. As iso starved as I am these days, he just pairs too well with Coulson and 5awkeye.

• throughsilver
    throughsilver Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thinking about taking the plunge and champing Drax. As iso starved as I am these days, he just pairs too well with Coulson and 5awkeye.

ooh, I haven't considered that team! I'm trying to build my Clint, so am always open to new combos. Him, Carol and Wasp is getting a little old. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the first post still old Drax powers/numbers?  I'm considering champing him but would like to see his new numbers.