Would you still play this game if it was DC?

Comments

• Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    It's a no from me. I might have downloaded it but I certainly wouldn't have stuck with it.

The amount of characters I know and therefore would want to collect and enjoy would be so minimal compared with marvel. I know the main heroes and villains from Batman and I know Superman, Flash and Arrow. That's all.

The universe is a lot more complicated to get into (IMO) so I've always leaned into Marvel especially because of Spidey being my favourite super hero. Then once I started reading a lot of his comics I discovered all these other cool characters like Hulk, Wolverine etc who whilst seem simple for face value actually have had much deeper stories told through them as well.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe I would give it a try, but I don't think I would stay with DC game for so long time. I'm 100% Marvel fun, and also found MPQ by searching "Marvel" keyword in the Google Play.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Originally I would have said yes. I came in for the "Puzzle Quest" moniker (loved all the old ones), not for the "Marvel" title.

Now not only would I not play another PQ (have passed on MtG, despite being a MtG player...) - I'll pass on every FTP game forever. D3 has shown me what they can be - and why to never give them a try again.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, I've never even heard of most of the characters that get released nowadays, so if the game were DC, I don't think it'd seem any different to me.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Honestly, I've never even heard of most of the characters that get released nowadays, so if the game were DC, I don't think it'd seem any different to me.

Pretty much this. They could introduce random DC characters into MPQ and I probably wouldn't notice, beyond the obvious ones (Batman/Superman).

In every "Oh I hope this new character is ____" post my only thought is, "I hope his powers are good."
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Probably. I think the real question is "if there was a DC game as well, would I have a a life?" Probably....
  • Highdark
    Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
    OMG GIVE ME DC PUZZLE QUEST NOW! Id stop playing MPQ. Love dat Batman
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. I've never thought DC characters were as interesting, although maybe that's just a combination of my growing up on Marvel and my distaste for Superman.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:
    Nope. I've never thought DC characters were as interesting, although maybe that's just a combination of my growing up on Marvel and my distaste for Superman.

In general, I think big DC fans enjoy reading about gods, big Marvel fans enjoy reading about people.

Before any flaming commences, I genuinely mean that as an objective statement! They're both good! Really!
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Love that it's Marvel.
    Would probably still play if it was DC.
    Wish it was Star Wars.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    As many others have said, I'm sure it'd be just as good, but I probably wouldn't have downloaded it in the first place because I know Batman, Superman aaaaaand nothing else.
  • SkyElf
    SkyElf Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I would not play this game if it were DC. Part of what got me into it was the familiarity of the characters and stories. While I read lots of Marvel titles, I read very few DC titles, so a DC based game would not have the same appeal.
  • Quick Fire
    Quick Fire Posts: 67 Match Maker
    No I play DCUO and get more than fill of DC characters from that.

However if the question was reversed and was "if there was a Marvel DCUO would you play that" the answer would be yes. I like Marvel more and I know they have an mmorpg but I can't create my own character.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    With so many legendary artists working between both companies, I could never understand people's blind allegiance to one over the other. I tend to gravitate towards DC because I prefer their brand of pulp fiction over Marvel's more operatic stories. I will admit thought that Marvel has a much stronger brand appeal and they were the reason I first got into comics.
  • Probably not. I've never really liked DC as much.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Depends. Will the League of Shadows goons have caltrops?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:

In general, I think big DC fans enjoy reading about gods, big Marvel fans enjoy reading about people.

Before any flaming commences, I genuinely mean that as an objective statement! They're both good! Really!

(My bolding for emphasis)

I think you've pegged it here. I just did a little reading about The Flash, and I'm squarely of the mind now that DC Comics should really just be called OP comics. Between Supes, Bats, Flash, and Green Lantern, you've got your entire tentpole roster consisting of nothing but unstoppable forces. How that can possibly be interesting without violating this internal consistency of the universe is beyond me.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, you could make one of them allergic to anything yellow.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    As long as Swamp Thing and John Constantine are playable, hell yeah icon_e_smile.gif
  • RyanL24
    RyanL24 Posts: 54
    Yes, I would. A friend dragged me into the game, and I really didn't know anything about comic book characters. I know a lot more now, and have some interest, and that all comes from MPQ. I can't imagine it would have been any different if it was DCPQ.