Would you still play this game if it was DC?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Instead of Marvel?

How important is the Marvel component to you? Would you care if instead of 4 Wolverines we had 4 Batmans, Superman was Captain America, Wonder Woman was Black Widow, Matter Eater Lad was Howard the Duck, etc...

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Yes. I played this game because it was a good game. The fact that it was Marvel was a fun bonus, but it could easily be replaced by anything.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unlikely ; it was the Marvel characters that first got my attention, DC wouldn't got me downloading the game.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, DC has a catalog that is just as diverse and rich as Marvel. Most comic fans are really into both publishers to varying degrees. This is really asking chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'm not nearly as much a dc fan, so maybe not.

if there was a star wars puzzle quest though...
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    The game would be equally as good, yet due to my personal tastes, I never would have started playing if it wasn't Marvel. I am sure there are a lot of fans of the Distinguished Competition out there who would really enjoy it but would never start or stay with it just because the characters don't resonate with their personal interests.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Whoa, a new puzzle quest! And it's MARVEL themed! AND FREE! Awesome!" *slams the Download button*

Pretty much my reaction.
    Seen a bunch of free DC games and downloaded none of them. DC is okay but...it's generally too grimdark for me. I like the colourful nature of Marvel.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Yes. I am a fan of both companies' characters although what drew me to this game was having played puzzle quest challenge of the warlords. I really enjoyed the mix of match-3 and using various abilities. Having Marvel flavour was just a bonus, and if it was DC I would play it too.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I'd play DCPQ, but I'd prefer somebody else made it. Don't need 5* Jimmy Olsen single-handedly wrecking my Championed Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. icon_twisted.gif
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would probably have downloaded it sooner since I've always preferred DC to Marvel. I enjoy both publishers but the grittier DC stuff from the 80s was what made me a comic fan to begin with.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Y'know, people make jokes about our wealth of Spideys and Wolverines, but can you IMAGINE how many versions of Batman they'd roll out in a DCPQ? There'd be like one a month!
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I'm here for Puzzle Quest first, I wouldn't mind if the reskin was DC instead of Marvel.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm kinda shocked at a lot of the replies. I'm a Marvel fanboy first, but who doesn't like Batman? I'd play it.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Almost certainly. I loved the first Puzzle Quest, finished the not-as-good-but-still-mostly-fun sequel (IMHO), and like others have said, the Marvel skin was just a nice bonus for this iteration of the formula. Plus, it's a great time-killer until we finally get Bookworm Adventures: Volume 3!
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Y'know, people make jokes about our wealth of Spideys and Wolverines, but can you IMAGINE how many versions of Batman they'd roll out in a DCPQ? There'd be like one a month!

Welcome to the life of a HeroClix player. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I would certainly play this game if it were DC-based instead of Marvel. I'd play both games were both available and, I suspect, put equal effort into them.

As it is, I have two other gem-matching games that I play--including D3's Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest--but they're not games I'm invested in.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I probably would play it if it was DC. I played Injustice gods among us on my IPad so I would have given it a try and then gotten hooked like i did with this game. As a kid DC was my favorite over marvel. I watch the flash and Arrow and my kids like teen titians so it would be a natural fit alongside marvel.
  • Yeah I totally would never have downloaded the game if it had been DC instead of Marvel. I didn't set out looking for a new bad **** gem matching game. Was the fun use of Marvel characters that hooked me.
  • Nope. I wouldn't be interested.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stony wrote:
    I'm kinda shocked at a lot of the replies. I'm a Marvel fanboy first, but who doesn't like Batman? I'd play it.

I'm so bored of Batman.
    Especially since now DC wants to portray the Frank Miller "I enjoy going out on the streets and beating up poor people." version of Batman rather than the 90s animated Worlds Greatest Detective version of Batman that I actually like.

Hell, I'd take the 60s campy version over the god awful grimdark thug we have these days.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    I'd play DCPQ, but I'd prefer somebody else made it. Don't need 5* Jimmy Olsen single-handedly wrecking my Championed Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. icon_twisted.gif

Look, all you'd need to do is run Lois Lane (Superman's Girlfriend) to counter Olsen, DUH.
  • prancerosner
    prancerosner Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I have been wishing for a DC match-3 game like puzzle quest for years. I would love this.

Of course I also love Marvel. I would ideally want both, rather than one over the other.