Any Cheats For Marvel Puzzle Quest Please???

Options

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    There are three primary ways to fight off dubious activities:

1. Spend a ton of money.
    2. Spy on your users.
    3. Inconvenience your users.

#1 is pretty self explanatory. A home banking system would be using this since it's a lot more valuable than MPQ too.

I'm not sure what your figure on the ton means. Development costs a lot. But within that, the industrial wisdom is "quality is cheap". What consts the ton of money really is incompetency. Allowing to deploy bad design. For our scope, implementing a proper server protocol costs NOT more than what they have now at all. The difference is not measuable in the whole spending. If they are generally that clueless, then they waste ton of money on everything really. But usually every shop that provide visible output actually has at least some people who know better -- only they may not be given their way.

In the corner case they could just hire an expert consultant for a full week -- that is some money but far from a ton. But could get all the info for free if only just wanted to have it.
    Phantron wrote:
    #2 would be like WoW, where if you are searching "WoW hacks" on your browser while you've WoW open they could ban you for being a cheater, because they're spying on you. This works if you're Blizzard, but anyone else will get sued for privacy violations.

In our case all that is needed to ask all purchase transaction from the server and send in the full gameplay. The latter would not just be NOT spying but would make a great feature. One many games naturally have and was requested here. I so much like game replays in MTGO. Suppose you had simple access to your game history, see what you played and how others beat you. Both having a list and replay of the game. Care to guess how much effort that would be to implement? 2-4 man-weeks tops. No kidding. Now if we had that, not just view roster how much chance that leaves for cheats really? (the submitted hame is replayed on server as first thing, accepted only if plays out.

Someone still could make hacks that help to find better matches, list possibilities, make simulation, possibly even make some "undo" or predict the new tiles -- but for this game none of that seem feasible. Simply from fact there's no trading and nothing you have on account has no realizable value. Unlike many other games where you can gain real life $ from hacking or farming. And even those would eventually show up as patterns in replay -- no need to preemptive spying or any excessive checking of the client until that point.
    Phantron wrote:
    #3 could be something like two-factor authentication or just slowing things down in general. The reasoning being if you make everything hard to do then it'd have to slow down the cheaters as well. The problem here is that you're also getting all your legitmate users. For example, if you try to log into Steam from another location it'd ask you to verify at your email address who you are. You could apply a similar logic like whenever they see anything remotely suspicious they can suspend your MPQ account and ask you to verify with a D3 representative that you're indeed not cheating. But this will also get plenty of legitmate users. Depending on how important something is to the user, it may work. Your Steam account is probably worth putting up with the hassle, but your MPQ account is probably not.

In general you'd be right, security is always a tradeoff and most of the time brings in some inconvenience. But MPQ is on the rare list where it hardly applies. The simplest model just works with the same 2 transactions per game,. no intermediate communication is required. Up front I mean. And the exchange of state is insignificant too, as the whole game can be represented in under 1000 bytes. It's nothing to compare to a real time shooter or anything that needs communicating with server almost once per frame.

And all the other transactions are also happening already, the problem is only in the content. Say "open token" action is the same pair of packets: request and new state. Regardless if the resulting cover is generated on the client or on the server, right?
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've got a couple of questions I hope those of you who obviously know a lot more than I do about this stuff can answer for me.
    Is the cheating just happening on the computer versions or are they cheating on IOS and Android too? I'd thought it would be just on computers since that's where it seems it's easy for those in the know to mess around with the game but maybe people can do that on phones too. I play on IOS and thought I was playing the cheater free version.
    What does it mean when you all say they are being sandboxed?

If you can help, thanks. (In my highschool we had typing machines and keyboarding was called typing, so I need an explanation every now and then.)
  • I've got a couple of questions I hope those of you who obviously know a lot more than I do about this stuff can answer for me.
    Is the cheating just happening on the computer versions or are they cheating on IOS and Android too?

Most cheats shown on youtube are for mobile.
  • I remember when I was a kid, I borrowed my cousin's Gameshark and cheated my way through Legend of Legaia. I finished it so fast, I felt ZERO satisfaction. Same went for my Harvest Moon game. I also forever ruined my FF9 save game because I botched the codes.

So while I can definitely see where the temptation would come from, that lesson I learned as a gamesharking kid never left me. I guess it's just one of those things people have to experience themselves to really understand.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    There was another thing here

A few notes about the shady side of that Game Dev Tycoon business
    - It's a direct ripoff of Game Dev Story by Kairosoft - everything from the game concept to the entirety of the gameplay. So you basically have programmers complaining about people stealing their game, that they stole from another indie company...
    - Game Dev Story is a $2.50 game. Game Dev Tycoon released at $8, which for a time-management sim you can complete in one day especially if you just work from the Game Dev Story wiki, well...
    - Their "piracy demonstration" in-game is nothing like the realistic scenario they try to paint it to be in their article.

If you want to see examples of indie studios who actually handled it constructively (and ended up turning it to their advantage):
    Anodyne
    Miami Hotline

Demiurge isn't doing too bad a job here either, to be honest.
  • I always knew there was a cheat for this =( it's unfair, especially on PvE events. Anywhoozies I'll let you know how I feel about cheating once I get the cheat icon_e_wink.gif
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've cheated in most of the mobile games P2P or P2W games I've played.

I always try them first without cheating, and if I get to a brick wall where I can't go any farther without paying, but yet don't like the game enough to pay, I'll cheat. Every time I've done this I do get bored extremely quickly though!

With MPQ, I played quite awhile before I felt like I had to spend any cash, by the time I got there, I liked the game enough that I didn't want to screw it up for myself, and now I just spend a few bucks when I need to.

The last mobile game I got into was Madden, I didn't cheat in that game either, but did figure out how to manipulate the auction system by buying low at between 4-5AM, and selling high that evening during prime time. Eventually, it had the same effect as cheating though, and I ended up just deleting the game when I had every top player.

I think cheating is fine if you just want to play the game for a short while, but you'll likely grow bored with it very quickly.

Sandboxing the cheaters is the best thing to do, but I'm still pretty skeptical if all of the 20 player alliance spots where purchased legit though. I know if I did have a cheat account already setup, I would have definitely taken advantage of buying roster spots.
  • I used to pirate games back in the late 90's and early 2000's - my college days when I couldn't afford to do anything, but had to keep up with the rest of my dorm or be left out of the geeky social circles. It was the same for movies and music. You either did it, or you were left out of all the social activities. 15 years later, I have a much more capitalistic approach to life and wholly support developers whenever I can (especially if I ever get my own app completed).

My favorite response to cheaters and hackers was from this article (linked to #3 in the list). Humiliating cheaters is great, and it still astounds me that plant-based erotica is actually a thing.
  • (Let me just start this by saying I don't cheat in MPQ)

However, I miss the old days of game cheating. Trainers/gamesharks/codebreakers, those days were fun. It also significantly extended the life of your games. You play through once, get the joy of victory and all that... and then you play through a second or third time going ALL-OUT BANANAS on things.

Who can tell me they didn't once just feel the thrill of carrying the Archangel's Staff of the Apocalypse? Let's be honest here, we're all friends.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Lol just finished watching a couple of those videos and they were pretty much all lets not waste our time and lets screw the devs of this one-sided game. Seriously? Imagine that you invented something out of this world brilliant. Would you want people to then be able to pirate that and not have to pay or work hard to get that said invention? (Yes I do think this game is a brilliant invention and have loved every moment I've spent on it) For those of you who condone cheating I can see your side. But I see only a small majority who don't want to work for anything and think that everything in this life is going to be free. I appreciate what the devs have done by sandboxing them so that honest hard working people who actually spend time and money on this game can progress. Thank you devs for the game and all the hard work you've put into it icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • My reason for cheating i don't have time to place well in pvp as I have a wife and 2 kids one of which is very ill or money to put in game. I have crohns disease so when I'm sitting in bathroom I casually play. I don't win every tournament I don't place high i enjoy pve not pvp
  • pasa_ wrote:
    This is my favorite prank game devs pulled on hackers:
    http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2013/05/01 ... ting-games

It's really fine as prank but more than lousy as simulation. After all these years we still have no evidence whatsoever that presence of piracy actually impact the bottom line negatively, and there are good hints for the opposite -- IF the product is actually any good.

I'll assume that was a facetious comment. I had to close down my store, Vinny J's music shoppe, due to the rampant piracy of music thanks to ubiquitous high speed internet. "Vinny J's - the hottest music - the coolest games - and kites" - that was the store tag line. Music sales - out the door due to piracy. Games - even more pirated than music. When you can pay some punk $20 to get 300+ game titles on one cartridge (NES) - well, there goes selling SM 3 for $30" Bye Bye any chance of making an honest living in the music retail business.

Rolling Stones, Beatles, Led Zep, Alanis Morrisette, Garth Brooks - yeah, they have great product, and all have lost serious revenue from piracy.

Sorry, just hit a personal note with me. I am now dismounting from the horse, hope I don't hurt myself from the height.
  • Vinny, I feel for you. As a teen, browsing my locally owned cd stores was probably my favorite activity. I felt like it was the end of the golden age when they closed up.

I don't know if it is a better world that we live in today, but it is a new one and it is reformed to meet people's demands and expectations, and it was inevitable. So while a retailer like you was crushed, I'm not convinced that this new age has hurt the artists' bottom lines. It's all touring now, and website hits and other clever monetization schemes.

I miss the local music stores like yours immensely, but I guess you can never put the genie back in the bottle.
  • Puritas wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    There was another thing here

A few notes about the shady side of that Game Dev Tycoon business
    - It's a direct ripoff of Game Dev Story by Kairosoft - everything from the game concept to the entirety of the gameplay. So you basically have programmers complaining about people stealing their game, that they stole from another indie company...
    - Game Dev Story is a $2.50 game. Game Dev Tycoon released at $8, which for a time-management sim you can complete in one day especially if you just work from the Game Dev Story wiki, well...
    - Their "piracy demonstration" in-game is nothing like the realistic scenario they try to paint it to be in their article.

If you want to see examples of indie studios who actually handled it constructively (and ended up turning it to their advantage):
    Anodyne
    Miami Hotline

Demiurge isn't doing too bad a job here either, to be honest.

Game dev tycoon released first on pc, years before game dev story was released on mobile. When game dev tycoon released - the going rate for a casual game was $8.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Game dev tycoon released first on pc, years before game dev story was released on mobile. When game dev tycoon released - the going rate for a casual game was $8.

Actually, game dev tycoon came out in 2012, game dev story came out 2010.
    There were a number of games released at a similar time on Steam with considerably deeper gameplay that were going in the $3-5 range
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Vinny, I feel for you. As a teen, browsing my locally owned cd stores was probably my favorite activity. I felt like it was the end of the golden age when they closed up.

I don't know if it is a better world that we live in today, but it is a new one and it is reformed to meet people's demands and expectations, and it was inevitable. So while a retailer like you was crushed, I'm not convinced that this new age has hurt the artists' bottom lines. It's all touring now, and website hits and other clever monetization schemes.

I miss the local music stores like yours immensely, but I guess you can never put the genie back in the bottle.

yup. can't change the past. I tried, but my time machine is broken. only goes forward on a 1:1 basis....
  • Puritas wrote:

Actually, game dev tycoon came out in 2012, game dev story came out 2010.
    There were a number of games released at a similar time on Steam with considerably deeper gameplay that were going in the $3-5 range

Steam always has stuff on ridiculously low prices.

Also, your facts annoy me. Lol. Just kidding. You are right - I was way off with the dates of those games. Sorry man.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Vinny J wrote:
    I'll assume that was a facetious comment. I had to close down my store, Vinny J's music shoppe, due to the rampant piracy of music thanks to ubiquitous high speed internet.

First off, I'm sorry you lost your livelihood. Small store owners were the demographic most hurt by the evolution of music distribution, though a large part of that has to do more with the internet than piracy itself.
    That being said, as someone who's spent a considerable part of his life in the music industry and then the game industry, they are completely different beasts.

For games, digital distribution platforms have vastly increased not only overall spending, but how people get info about more variety of games and what they're comfortable at spending on.
    There's been a fair bit of research that's found that people downloading your games for free, enjoying it, and talking about it to people who then purchase it (or who go back to purchase it themselves, which happens surprisingly often especially in games that get updated/have multiplayer components) actually helps sales more than if that wasn't the case.
    Where it hurts companies is the AAA games, studios like Ubisoft who have literally hundreds of employees working on a single game with a budget of $24 million, a large portion of which is advertising to make sure they don't have to rely on enthused word of mouth. They have a huge investment to recoup, and a considerable higher risk from pirates considering where time gets attributed in AAA games these days (typically not gameplay quality, though there are notable exceptions).

For the music industry, I've never seen anyone put it better than it's been done here; even considering this article was written 7 years ago very little has changed.
    I'm well glad I'm out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Actually people might cheat because they don't have the time to invest into this game or that they can't handle the pressure of a PvP tournament (it is obviously very intense) but still want to play a variety of teams. To me it's no different than using a godmode cheat on some of the impossibly difficult single player games out there that expects you to spend a few hundred hours to pay homage to the game before you're worthy. As long as D3 is able to quarantine these guys, it doesn't bother me whatever motive people may have for cheating. Not everyone wants to play a game competitively.

Honestly, if I knew exactly how the "sandbox" works so I knew I wouldn't miss any features, and I wouldn't want to just cheat and deprive anyone ELSE of rewards/points on my way to getting sandboxed, I might ASK to be sandboxed, I enjoy playing a lot more than I enjoy competing v icon_neutral.gif v

From what I can tell in D3's system, you can still attack anyone in a PvP because whoever is attacked do not even see you or the result of your attack (but you still get points). You still have a placement in the bracket but no legitmate player is aware of your ranking. If you finished first there will be a separate first place in whatever bracket you're in. Same logic applies to PvE as well.

It might not be a bad idea if you can just be temporarily sandboxed and make no character gains while you're sandboxed. I can certainly see it as a far more relaxing pace compared to the 'I just lost 150 points in the last 5 minutes!' competition.

This is very interesting. Like gamar, I'm might actually really prefer to be sandboxed. I don't want to interfere with other people, I also don't want to pretend that I beat them. I just want to play the game at my leisure and not worry about other players but still get the roster space and covers that I actually enjoy collecting. Were I to be sandboxed I would probably give myself infinite roster space and then just play like normal anyway with perhaps cheating to get a free booster every now and then if I felt like I it had been a while (or to replace any Bag-Mans that pop out). Actually sounds more enjoyable for me and is very tempting but its hard to take the leap without know exactly what the consequences are.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Biggest thing atm is not being able to do anything with alliances otherwise no real consequences
This discussion has been closed.