Any Cheats For Marvel Puzzle Quest Please???

Options
LOL just kidding icon_e_smile.gif

Actually the reason for this post is, i have spent my free time not playing MPQ today by reading about MPQ today (i know, very productive) Anyways i was browsing all different forums and came across a poop-load of people BRAGGING about how they have unlimited iso and HPs, and it got me thinking WHY? I honestly don't understand why someone would either go through such trouble either looking for a cheat that is genuine and not some sort of survey-bot or even making one themselves.

What sort of enjoyment do people actually get from using this? Sure you can buy every single character and level them up no problem, always place well in tournaments etc etc, but surely the novelty factor would wear off a whole heap sooner than if you were to play the game genuinely? Do cheaters feel they are better than everyone they come up against because they have a far superior team than the rest of us? Do they think because they finish 1st in whatever tournament they entered that they earned it? That they are actually good at the game?

For me, the satisfaction comes from putting in the hours and earning my spot in the top 10. Of course it's mostly anger and frustration i feel on the way to the top but the buzz you get from reaching that goal,character,iso is great. And i wouldnt change it. I take pride in that i dont spend money on this game. What i have i worked for. Those coins i earned are through blood, sweat and tears and they are so precious to me.

Except for the fact those 200 HP i earned last night i accidentally spent on health packs today icon_e_sad.gif but that's for another time.

EDIT: cheaters are welcome to let me know how you feel, i know there is a few of you here too who openly admit to cheating icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    It's actually a reliable way to lose interest for the game... One day when my social life crumbles around my MPQ addiction I will google some cheats, get a bazillion iso and HP, every cover, get bored, uninstall the game. The end.

Honestly no idea why people cheat. It's probably the delusional notion of being the best. At least in cheating.
  • They get sandboxed, which I think is the best solution.
    They still get to place 1st in their view everytime, just that it has no effect on the world around them.
    It's like being king of the world while being stuck in the matrix.
    An elegant solution that keeps them raving about the game but doesn't affect the surrounding players at all.
    Much better then having to repeatedly ban them, after they start a new account and max everything again.
  • Honestly, I get the idea of cheating. You get Hawkeye for the 100th time from a pack instead of the one character you wanted. Then you figure, well, just this once. Next thing you know, you cheat your way up to the top under the same rationale. Personally I don't really see myself doing that. I have tossed cash at the game for roster slots, but that's as far as I'm willing to "cheat" or pay to win. Again, if I could just tap a button and insta-win, it would be boring as hell. I love the challenge, such as when I took down a level 60+ NPC-staffed team during the last event with a lvl 24 Moonstone, a level 22 Hawkeye and a level 18 Wolverine for bait. It was hilarious using Moon's abilities to turn their weapons on them, and using Hawkeye to snipe off any rogue countdown timers. Wolverine sacrificed himself for the win versus the one Crush that I couldn't take out, but I did take home the win.

To me, that's more valuable than having a steamrolling team that I cheated to get.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jeremychen wrote:
    They get sandboxed, which I think is the best solution.
    They still get to place 1st in their view everytime, just that it has no effect on the world around them.
    It's like being king of the world while being stuck in the matrix.
    An elegant solution that keeps them raving about the game but doesn't affect the surrounding players at all.
    Much better then having to repeatedly ban them, after they start a new account and max everything again.
    Honestly, that actually sounds nicer than having to really compete....
  • This game is basically along the new line of thought that if people enjoy cheating, you might as well let them as long as you can quarantine them from rest of the population. I don't think D3 really cares if you continue to play in your sandbox world where you place first every single time (not that it'd matter because with cheats you can already get any cover in the game buy just buying all the 4000 HP packs). And there probably is value to D3 to have the guys in their sandbox getting 1st every single game. At the very least, these guys won't be around spreading lies about how they were unfairly banned which may indeed actually hurt your game.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    This game is basically along the new line of thought that if people enjoy cheating, you might as well let them as long as you can quarantine them from rest of the population. I don't think D3 really cares if you continue to play in your sandbox world where you place first every single time (not that it'd matter because with cheats you can already get any cover in the game buy just buying all the 4000 HP packs). And there probably is value to D3 to have the guys in their sandbox getting 1st every single game. At the very least, these guys won't be around spreading lies about how they were unfairly banned which may indeed actually hurt your game.

Yeah, I think if people were outright banned, the number of trolls on the forum would skyrocket.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a friend who cheats in every game he's ever played. He doesn't play MPQ though, although I'm sure if he did he would probably hack and cheat in it too.

Pretty sure he does it to feel smug about himself, over competitive personality.
    Can't really say I'm a big fan of that attitude but whatever.
    I know him well enough to know his reasons for doing it and to some extent I guess I can understand but I honestly, I don't understand what kind of sense of achievement you get from doing so.
    Collecting covers and doing things where you feel like you've accomplished something is where half the fun is.

Cheating just to say you're better than a bunch of people who you don't know and bragging to people who don't care can't really be that much fun. Can it?
  • Twysta
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    This game is basically along the new line of thought that if people enjoy cheating, you might as well let them as long as you can quarantine them from rest of the population. I don't think D3 really cares if you continue to play in your sandbox world where you place first every single time (not that it'd matter because with cheats you can already get any cover in the game buy just buying all the 4000 HP packs). And there probably is value to D3 to have the guys in their sandbox getting 1st every single game. At the very least, these guys won't be around spreading lies about how they were unfairly banned which may indeed actually hurt your game.

Yeah, I think if people were outright banned, the number of trolls on the forum would skyrocket.

There was a funny thing valve did to catch people who pirated/got an illegal copy of Garry's Mod.
    They input some kind of update code so that players who had an illegal version would get some kind of error.

Eventually people started e-mailing in, in their thousands about how the game was bugged and broken and how they kept getting this error... let me see if I can find it.

Here we go: Click

There was another thing here

I realize that this is anti-piracy and not cheating but I'm hoping you can sort of get the point across of playing along with cheaters for a while, it's fun to toy with people who cheat. Right?
  • Actually people might cheat because they don't have the time to invest into this game or that they can't handle the pressure of a PvP tournament (it is obviously very intense) but still want to play a variety of teams. To me it's no different than using a godmode cheat on some of the impossibly difficult single player games out there that expects you to spend a few hundred hours to pay homage to the game before you're worthy. As long as D3 is able to quarantine these guys, it doesn't bother me whatever motive people may have for cheating. Not everyone wants to play a game competitively.
  • Twysta wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

There was a funny thing valve did to catch people who pirated/got an illegal copy of Garry's Mod.
    They input some kind of update code so that players who had an illegal version would get some kind of error.

Eventually people started e-mailing in, in their thousands about how the game was bugged and broken and how they kept getting this error... let me see if I can find it.

Here we go: Click

There was another thing here

I realize that this is anti-piracy and not cheating but I'm hoping you can sort of get the point across of playing along with cheaters for a while, it's fun to toy with people who cheat. Right?

I think one of the Batman games had the same thing, if you had a pirated copy there would be one part in the game that you cannot complete and it'd also randomly crash if you're using a pirated copy, and people who pirated the game trashed the game for being buggy and having a broken encounter that cannot be won. The problem is, the piraters probably won because they sure aren't going to let people know it's because they're pirating the game. Many of them probably aren't even aware that's what's causing the game to crash, and while it's a humorous story once you know why the game is crashing, it could've easily cost them sales if you were getting advice from a friend who pirated the game. It's entirely possible both you and your friend had no idea this is the game's anti-piracy mechanism so you'd both come to the conclusion that this game sucks.
  • Twysta
    Options
    It's a fine balance I guess.
    Piracy though is a major issue in gaming these days though, although I'll stop here before any further derailing of current topic.
  • I remember reading a guy had a book on cheating in online games and his point is that the cheaters are pretty much unreformable. You can threaten to send a bunch of goons to beat them up and take all their money and their first born, but they still won't care and even if you did send a bunch of goons to do that, that's still not going to deter them. The point isn't to beat up those lost causes but to make sure they don't get in the way of any legitmate guys. Another point is that you should never take away the cheater's stuff, because all that's going to do is cause that guy to tell all his friends about how he was wronged by you (and he'll obviously leave out the part where he cheated), and that'll hurt you in the long run. Note that in MPQ, a cheater does get to keep all his stuff in his own sandbox, and it's okay because none of that affects any legitmate player.

• 1.What sort of enjoyment do people actually get from using this?
    2.Sure you can buy every single character and level them up no problem, always place well in tournaments etc etc, but surely the novelty factor would wear off a whole heap sooner than if you were to play the game genuinely?
    3.Do cheaters feel they are better than everyone they come up against because they have a far superior team than the rest of us?
    4.Do they think because they finish 1st in whatever tournament they entered that they earned it? That they are actually good at the game?

5.For me, the satisfaction comes from putting in the hours and earning my spot in the top 10.
    6.Of course it's mostly anger and frustration i feel on the way to the top but the buzz you get from reaching that goal,character,iso is great. And i wouldnt change it.
    7.I take pride in that i dont spend money on this game. What i have i worked for. Those coins i earned are through blood, sweat and tears and they are so precious to me.

EDIT: cheaters are welcome to let me know how you feel, i know there is a few of you here too who openly admit to cheating icon_e_smile.gif

1.Umm...pride? without anger, tears etc icon_mrgreen.gif )))
    2.I can always delete my current profile and start "play genuinely" ... but will take some time icon_e_ugeek.gif
    3.Not really...personally, I'm just testing the powers at max level icon_e_wink.gif
    4.what's the point? If the prize is a rare cover and u have them maxxed already .... icon_e_confused.gif
    5.WTG!! and Good Luck!! we all are proud of you!!! icon_idea.gificon_e_smile.gif
    6.I'm trying to avoid the stress, lol ...
    7.Sound strange, but I'm doing the same, bro ...i don't spent any money on this game too. "Those coins i earned are through knowledge and good programming skillz and they are so precious to me too icon_e_geek.gif

Any questions?
  • Just come across a guy in PvP who has every single character in the game maxed out. Including Black Panther and Psylocke. Surely the developers have ways and means of tracking this sort of activity, and don't have to rely on people like us to report it?
  • z0x_Corp wrote:
    <snip>
    "Those coins i earned are through knowledge and good programming skillz and they are so precious to me too icon_e_geek.gif

Any questions?
    As someone who also considers himself a geek and a good programmer, please don't lump yourself in with those of us who use our skills (note the proper spelling, you illiterate buffoon) for the good of society, ourselves, and the world at large. We don't generally use our skills to tear down the world, be anti-social, or self-aggrandizing.

Taking pride in hacking a game is downright laughable. It's like bragging that you intimately met your right hand for the first time.
  • Some people just enjoy match-3 games and don't want to deal with the rpg grind or ccg rng or iap p2w ****. Sorry for all the acronyms.
  • Some people just enjoy match-3 games and don't want to deal with the rpg grind or ccg rng or iap p2w ****. Sorry for all the acronyms.

For the uninitiated:

RPG - Role Playing Game
    CCG - Collectible Card Game
    RNG - Random Number Generator
    IAP - In App Purchase
    P2W - Pay To Win
    **** - Bulls...

And here ends this public service announcement.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Riggy wrote:
    z0x_Corp wrote:
    <snip>
    "Those coins i earned are through knowledge and good programming skillz and they are so precious to me too icon_e_geek.gif

Any questions?
    As someone who also considers himself a geek and a good programmer, please don't lump yourself in with those of us who use our skills (note the proper spelling, you illiterate buffoon) for the good of society, ourselves, and the world at large. We don't generally use our skills to tear down the world, be anti-social, or self-aggrandizing.

Taking pride in hacking a game is downright laughable. It's like bragging that you intimately met your right hand for the first time.

That last bit is some killer comedy.
  • Riggy wrote:
    z0x_Corp wrote:
    <snip>

Any questions?

I'M SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH TO THOSE WHO THINK THE ENGLISH IS THE ONLY LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD
    pfff...I have a feeling I killed your family and you are accusing me of it icon_mrgreen.gif
    Admit your envy, and you're feel better icon_e_wink.gif (and pls don't bring your sexual problems in this topic)

"Taking pride in hacking a game is downright laughable" ...because you're a N000B, mate! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Anyway, I don't really care what you thinking about me, about cheating and how this isn't fair .... I just answered to TheUnwiseOne's questions
  • Nobody is envious of you. Cheaters are like children who need training wheels on their bicycle. They aren't good enough nor skilled enough to do anything on their own.
This discussion has been closed.