PVE Scaling Feedback & New Test : Unstable Iso-8

Comments

• Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    After my first clear, this is a step in the right direction compared to Enemy of the State, but as it has placement rewards, it's still not actually PVE, just another form of PVP. If nothing else, there should always be a Growth Industry style event going on in addition to the usual "Grind PVP" events.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    11pzvz.jpg
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Yeah the issues of this still hasn't been fixed. The difficulty wasn't an issue for me. The issue I had was you got no rewards for completing "Titan" like nodes after 7 clears/grind and no benefit. Whats the point in grinding after that with no reward? The reward issue needs addressed major. Second is the fact that they didn't listen to what the players where saying in my opinions just based on a lot of the threads that I have been reading. Its the fact that the only thing being addressed was difficulty issues for vet players. That doesn't address the issue that is wrong with this. The only reason there was more play was because players were forced into playing longer to do grinds and clears. Yes it helps the casual player who doesn't have an expansive roster, but for competitive players and alliance numbers this system is still very much flawed. How about the devs introduce some new story lines and add some different level of plays like adding a new color to the board. If all that was honestly done was scale back difficulty, sad to say this fixes nothing that was wrong with the first test.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Updated Mission Difficulty Details:
      • Every mission got easier.
        o The easy missions more so, increasing the range of difficulty.
      • Essential missions have a range of difficulty across the different star tiers
        o All are easier than the previous run of the updated mission difficulty. o 2-Star Essential missions are the easiest and 4-Star Essential missions are the hardest.
      Progression rewards for the 3-Star cover and Command Points have been lowered.”

Ok guys, You've tried....and you failed again! icon_redface.gif
      There are some nodes easier(I have to admit), but the increasing of opponents' level is 16 lev each clear ( in EOTS was 15) so in the end it will be extremely difficult.

There are 2 simple things you could do to make new PVE enjoyable:

Limit at 4 clears the timer refill ( not 6 because is too much considering that we then have to play the same nodes other 4 or 5 times, in order to maximize the results)

Make the PVE rewards on progressive bases....no charts....after the goal for 25cp, put other 3 goals for the covers just like in Ultron or Galactus events

This way, I'm sure most of players will enjoy PVE again iso8.pngcommandpoints.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
    • rawl316
      rawl316 Posts: 114
      13 clears per sub is insane. Having to 6 right after a sub ends makes it that much worse. Please understand that.

/thread
    • pheregas
      pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
      Scaling is still too ridiculous. It's taken me 30 minutes to do the opening title nodes, the first sub node, and the Daredevil and Falcap essentials.

CP may not even be worth it for me this time around. And no bonuses for participating either.
    • ammenell
      ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
      just dont play that boring excuse of a pve.
      then, dont post about it, take some time away from the game.

best. feedback. ever.
    • Crowl
      Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
      rawl316 wrote:
      13 clears per sub is insane. Having to 6 right after a sub ends makes it that much worse. Please understand that.

Vote with your feet then, the only chance we have of them seeing sense is if people opt out of the grind even at the expense of placement, they have made it easy after all by making chulk covers the 4* rewards in this thing.
    • pheregas
      pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
      The sad realization that I have to play it in order to try and scramble together the final 100k iso I need to champ 4Cyc before losing two queued covers in 6 days. Was really counting on that low-node grind.
    • Azoic
      Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
      Yah, I will probably hit each node a few times for rewards and see how doable 25cp is, but I will never, ever play this for a new character.

I have a 405 oml. So now forced to use him every battle? Fun! My essential Hawkeye node starts at 244, so goes up to 340ish? Meanwhile my Hawkeye sits at 144...something is wrong with these numbers.

Already forced to use my oml in every pvp fight since all I fight are other omls, but now I dont have a choice for ANY pve node? So d3 really wants to burn ppl out, perhaps?
    • JVReal
      JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
      "I'm not grinding for a Chulk... sheesh, give better rewards and people will test it"

"You put the new Punisher as top 10? Now I HAVE to grind insanely through this stupid test, thanks a lot D3"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
    • rawl316
      rawl316 Posts: 114
      If this becomes the new pve norm, also count me out. To get the same "easy" rewards for nodes that are scaled no differently than that hard nodes is frustrating.

I'm fine with whatever they do. I have so many 4's that I need ISO for that any new char would just go to the end of the list. And this would clear up a lot more time in my life.
    • sc0ville
      sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
      Was hoping to see the number of required clears to start the timer AND the number of clears to reach the minimum point value lowered. It's just too much of a clustergrind with the 24h timer the way the numbers are configured now.

THIS, this, a thousand times this. Your format is fundamentally flawed and the end result is top end play under this system is a nightmare. I applaud the decision to make it easier for the majority of players, but you need to scrap this system.
    • Azoth658
      Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
      Firstly just so the feedback is more useful I am 3* player transitioning slowly into 4* none of my 4* surpass my 3* characters.

I participated in EOTS but incredibly briefly as the nodes were incredibly hard (possibly due to my 271 SS and 255 JG); this coupled with the wave nodes taking forever with the difficulty and only handing out one reward left me feeling immediately burned out.

But I saw the feedback and decided to start this event and so far so good. My useless Falcap plus SR and IM40 helped me clear the node 7 times with relative ease even with the growing levels.

HOWEVER there have been several valid points made thus far and that for those hardcore elite this new format really is a slog; but to counter that and the more important point is that currently these are not PVE events.

The only true PVE events are ones that reward the player for over coming the event such as Gauntlet, Ultron and Galactus. I would like for these standard PVE types to remove the placement reward entirely move the CP points up as a progression reward and make the placement rewards part of the progression awards.

Make is so if you clear all nodes seven times you unlock every reward.

This way you can keep the new system that allows players to play when they want, enjoy more challenging battles but with the knowledge if they make it through them all (similar to gauntlet) they are going to earn top tier rewards. Having the essential nodes be required for the scoring to get all rewards automatically gates out new players from transitioning too fast and allows 3* players the ability to earn those 4*s that are so hard to come by.

But these are just some thoughts and feedback from a casual player that severely enjoys playing at my own pace and not by a set clock or grinding till the nth hour for a couple more places up a leader board.
    • TxMoose
      TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
      pretty sure that red portion should be waaay bigger.
    • actarus76
      actarus76 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
      I think the difficulty will grow too (I saw nodes growing by more than 20 levels at a time), but this can be overcome by the rotation of the roster.

There are the following problems:
        the essential nodes require characters with a good number of covers otherwise the game becomes unplayable
      [list=2]having to redo a node 6 times to unlock it (in addition to at least 120 levels more) takes too time: i mean that it takes about the double of previous time for a 24h round . It is no longer a game but it becomes a job, and will be even worse when there will be new characters and you will have to force[/list]

in these conditions I think that several players will stop playing.
    • JVReal
      JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
      11q9d3.png

(not targeting anyone specific)
    • CrookedKnight
      CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
      The starting point for difficulty is definitely better this time, although I expect I'll have a much worse experience than in EOTS because the roster of boosted characters is so much weaker this week. But (a) the starting point is still too high in most nodes -- what do you have against low-difficulty fights?! -- and (b) the starting point doesn't matter so much when the level increase after each win remains unchanged.

Also, if I could never ever have to fight 2* Bullseye and his match-prolonging Adamantium Bones again, that would be just lovely, thanks. ESPECIALLY if you're dead set on every fight featuring level 170+ opponents.
    • Twysta
      Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
      TxMoose wrote:
      pretty sure that red portion should be waaay bigger.

It would be but "lol".
    • Azoth658
      Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
      The starting point for difficulty is definitely better this time, although I expect I'll have a much worse experience than in EOTS because the roster of boosted characters is so much weaker this week. But (a) the starting point is still too high in most nodes -- what do you have against low-difficulty fights?! -- and (b) the starting point doesn't matter so much when the level increase after each win remains unchanged.

Also, if I could never ever have to fight 2* Bullseye and his match-prolonging Adamantium Bones again, that would be just lovely, thanks. ESPECIALLY if you're dead set on every fight featuring level 170+ opponents.

I don't know if this is confirmed but I think the levels the enemies grow from your victory is based on how successful you were?

I have had some battles on changing a few levels and then one when I almost when perfect changing by 16 as others have mentioned...

If this is the case it would be better to let yourself get hit a fair bit then win for lower levels overall, which would be a weird mechanic.