PVE Scaling Feedback & New Test : Unstable Iso-8

1141516171820»

Comments

• Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    I think taking out placement rewards in pve would be the best option and while you're at it take out point progression rewards in pvp. Make pvp placement and pve progression.
  • Halleck
    Halleck Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    It's likely getting late for feedback, but I'll try to contribute. I didn't play EotS, so I can't directly compare to that test.

As someone who rarely, if ever, grinds nodes anyway, I like the new system overall. Playing when I want wins out over other things.

I do tend to play increasingly casual. Typically, I just try to make some interesting teams, rather than speed-running through nodes for optimal play. I’m not without sympathy for those that try to play optimally, but I have to ‘vote’ in favor of that aspect.

As for the reward structure, most things have been said already. The main benefit of playing nodes whenever I choose seems tied pretty intrinsically to the points earned, so from the perspective of this being a test, it was unfortunate the rubber banding was on. It's almost a side note, but I’ll only say that I do value predictability for the progression rewards. If I’m not able to reach certain levels, that’s perfectly fine, so long as there's a non-tricky way to determine that beforehand.

My scaling seems appropriate normally, and was not out of line for the event, at least for what I try to get out of it. My roster is solidly in the 3* range. Several are championed. Most of the other 3*s overshadow the handful of paltry 4*s. I have no 5*s, which might put me in a minority.

Like several others have said, I do have some concern that this same scaling applied to events with less goon-only nodes would not be as enjoyable.

I do continue to have a keen interest in how scaling is affected by 5*s in any system.

If there is a desire to give more mature, high-level rosters an advantage, I’m completely accepting of giving 4* essential nodes even more weight. I think it would be only a partial, and artificial solution, but make them both more difficult and worth more points. Accentuate the advantage it already gives veteran rosters.

I do appreciate the effort to try to innovate and improve things.