PVE Scaling Feedback & New Test : Unstable Iso-8

Comments

• Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Just throwing my 2 cents in:

I have 12 max leveled & championed 3* chars, and I do think the difficulty level has decreased some compared to EotS, but I still am pretty much limited to only using those top 12 guys, aside from the essentials. 12 seems like enough but even in the 'trivial' nodes 1 or 2 nasty board drops for the enemy and you get wiped pretty quickly. What's going to happen on a Heroic event with this system? I could have 2-3 usable characters which means no chance/no play.

I also have a life outside of MPQ(believe it or not) so I have never been a big grinder. The 8 hour timer system actually works out better for me most of the time anyway and 3 full clears with a little extra would mostly keep me in the fight for top 200 placement at least. This 6 clear system will never happen for me and really gives me no chance, it seems to cater to those who have hours upon hours to grind away.

I gutted out EotS but I've given up on UI-8, it sucks too since I need an ungodly amount of Iso to max out the rest of my 3* chars, but that's another thread icon_e_wink.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hitting LT progression mid way through sub 2 it's my opinion that progression is too low and difficulty too high. I'd rather a high progression bar and reasonable difficulty than low progression and unfun difficulty
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    fmftint wrote:
    Hitting LT progression mid way through sub 2 it's my opinion that progression is too low and difficulty too high. I'd rather a high progression bar and reasonable difficulty than low progression and unfun difficulty

yeah but at least with low progression and **** placement awards you get to stop earlier. ill enjoy a nice break before juggs heroic.

but this system is way out of whack in light of increased time commitment for the exact same rewards and the amount of effort required for top 100 placement alone is simply ridiculous. i have a feeling none of the negative reactions here are going to make much difference. given how little test two differed from test one, i dont see huge changes for the final implementation.
  • J2L
    J2L Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    End this now ! Play and grind time is more with this style . I rather play once per 8 hours and grind once a day than 6X back to back . And scaling, what scaling ? At a certain level, the difficulty is the same, whether +10 or +20. In this case, ALL node bloody red !
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    kyo28 wrote:
    2. Regarding difficulty: ARE YOU GUYS INSANE? People who are still in their 2 star.png progression are getting slaughtered in the later missions. First 3-4 missions are OK but it's completely undoable in the latter missions. I'm mainly a 2 star.png cover player and happen to have one, exactly one 5 star.png cover. Is that single cover exponentially increasing difficulty for me? I don't know. But if it is the case then the balancing system is severely broken because 1 5 star.png cover is irrelevant when you look at my entire team which consists of levelled up 2 star.png characters and a couple of 3 star.png that aren't even above level 90.

Yes, that one single star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png is destroying your enemy scaling. I'm in star.pngstar.png land with no five stars, and my scaling is just fine.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Xzasxz wrote:
    Why the posiible reward is decreasing after every single fight?!! Not after 6 clears each node, but just after few few fights it total. What this mean? This is sick.
    In all the aspects possible I see this teast iteration worst possible.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

The dev team wanted to let players know that rubber banding was accidentally turned on for the event. This would account for unexpected behavior some players may be seeing with points going up and down when beating missions. Apologies for any frustration this may have caused.
    (A small benefit from this error is that missions are currently worth more than what was intended.)

Thanks.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    So far it's unfun and unrewarding.

I usually play "casually", I generally rank between 100 and 200 without too much effort. I can end up between 50 and 100 when I invest more time. my usual progression goal is the 3* as I find the grind to CP to be somewhat of a grind (spot the understatement).

The fights are harder, but since they are the same as usual, they do feel more Health Pack challenging than intellectually challenging. That's the unfun part. I'm currently ranking around 300 which is way below my usual, that's the unrewarding part.

The silverligning is playing on my own time. I hope you'll find something that works while keeping this most important thing.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked being to able to get progression so quickly and easily. I hate having to play a 250 level node just for cheap rewards. 70 and 100 iso at this style should be ditched completely. 250 should be the minimum reward amount. Moreover, it's especially not worth for anything other than goon nodes. I'm not going to waste health packs constantly healing my best team against character opponents for junk rewards.

And for 48 hour subs, each node should have 14 rewards instead of 7. I won't grind just for placement level, totally not worth it.

and lol at progression level being 43000 for.the next event. The.mahority hate heroics and ylthe devs bump progression back up to unfun levels.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    pheregas wrote:
    The sad realization that I have to play it in order to try and scramble together the final 100k iso I need to champ 4Cyc before losing two queued covers in 6 days. Was really counting on that low-node grind.

I'm in the same boat with 4 Rulk covers. So I champed all of the 2* characters so I could bring old favorites back out to play like the devs said. Problem being of course, even when buffed to 212 they are of almost no use to me in this current PVE. As many have said, I have to use the top end of my roster exclusively to grind for ISO. If this is the way forward, I will delete my useless 2* and play pvp only. Of course only playing pvp will get old quickly. I'm regretting spending money during the sale. Should have waited until they get pve to where they think it should be and then decide wether or not to give them money or continue on in pve.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Did I imagine it.... Or did "Battle in Brazil" start at 1025 points and after playing it see it drop to 699.... And now I've looked again it's 701???

I thought the new system these points didn't change for 6 plays
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I tried this new test in the spirit of optimism and did my best to keep an open mind, hoping that the promised changes would help. Sadly, it's just more of the same and the problems that I had during the first test seem to be unchanged
    I don't grind out events for placement but the scaling, overall difficulty, and poor rewards really made it feel like a grind even with the progression points being lowered.
    My usable roster was still very limited so I gound myself having to use the same teams over and over (boring!) and burning through health packs more quickly.
    Nothing about this was really fun for me and by the end of the progression rewards it felt like a chore; I was actually relieved to be done with it and had no desire to go back and finish any more even though I still have plenty of time to do it. I appreciate that the devs might be trying to discourage grinding but I don't think making battles so difficult and frustrating is the right approach.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    PeeOne wrote:
    Did I imagine it.... Or did "Battle in Brazil" start at 1025 points and after playing it see it drop to 699.... And now I've looked again it's 701???

Yep, points are going down from first play (and no time reset in sight). Ninja change for this new sub, or just a bug?
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Pylgrim wrote:
    PeeOne wrote:

Yep, points are going down from first play (and no time reset in sight). Ninja change for this new sub, or just a bug?

Bug. They said early on that they accidentally left rubber-banding on.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Highdark wrote:
    Something is horribly wrong with something. What is it when i grind to the check mark on nodes, get all of the progression rewards, but i am 300th and dropping. I only have 2 maxed 3*s and im battling 250 goons. I am so very confused. Are people wanting the tinykitty cho that much?

This doesn't sound right. I have like 17 or 18 3*'s maxed, one 4 star at 188 and 4 5*'s - and I have earned all rewards and highest level I have had to fight against is like 218. You either have a whole bunch of highly covered but not leveled 3 or 4*'s or they have a problem with how they assigned difficulties.

As far as my impression - I am pretty happy. I worked friday, so I wasn't able to complete all nodes for full rewards, but was top 100 fri night and this weekend I just finished all rewards for all events and am sitting 38th in the Mediterranean and 48th overall. This is similar to what I could do if I followed the 8 hour clears and I am playing about the same amount but on my schedule. The old 'trivial' nodes require some resource management and using some character combinations I wouldn't normally use (and losing a couple fights) - rather than just bullying them for all rewards with 5*'s. Overall I am enjoying the challenge and think this is a good change (and contrary to many opinions here does not require crazy grinding to get a reasonable placement - just for the high level placements.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    43319497.jpg
  • fruinjuice
    fruinjuice Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I am firmly in the 3* to 4* transition with ~25 championed 3* players and ~6 4* at the 10-13 cover range leveled up to ~160ish.

My easy nodes started ~Lvl 118 and would scale up 11-14 each time for a final level of ~210.

The hardest nodes started ~Lvl 170 and scaled up at the same rate to ~260+.

The essentials were 125-132 (2* to 4*) and scalde up to ~215+.

For me, I would call all of these quite fair. Difficult at times? Yep. Cost me more Heath Packs than I would want? No more than normal.

The issue still comes down to the need to grind for Placement for coveted 4* (or mutliple 3*/HP/ISO). This PVP-style should not exist in PVE.

If I was to make recommendations for this event based on my experience?
    1) Eliminate placement
    2) Add extra levels / rewards for progression.
    3) Make the top two-three progression levels the 4* rewards with the 25 CP the hardest to attain.
    4) Max Progression rewards should be attainable with 5-7 clears of each node, depending on having required essentials.
    5) The scaling as set in this event was fine - IMO. I know others disagree.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I just passed the 25CP progression point in my node (by 5 points) and I'm in 158th place with 3 hours left. That probably mean that somewhere around 200 people are going to hit that point before the end of the slice (slice 5, of course) in my bracket. Usually, that number is around 100. I'm wondering if that's because of the rubber banding, or because people are actually playing more like the devs said they were?
  • Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    I haven't found the difficulty too bad. It could be the heroes I have been using. I am completing most nodes fairly easily, unless the CPU sets off a super cascade or something. Against high level goon nodes I have been finishing matches with hardly a scratch. , 4 out of 5 times no damage at all. I think this new reward system is way better, I use to hate getting 20 ISO rewards, and the old way with the 8 hr clears and grind at the end I would only clear a few nodes more than 7 times anyway.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    After a long ddq-only retirement, the champion system brought me back into the game in a modest way. I only care about covers for 4 4*s (cyclops, jg, rulk, iceman), so I rarely play PvP up to 1k, but could generally get there when I wanted to, though the new matchmaking seems to make things harder for me)

OML is the only 5* that interests me, so cp are the only currency that truly matters to me anymore. Accordingly, I was willing to grind out my 25cp from most pve events, pkaying each node 3 times per day, grinding the cp nodes, and comfortably finishing top 100 most of the time).

If the scaling remains high, and the final prog reward continues to require 4+ clears of each node per sub, then I will be back to ddq-only. PVE already required too much time relative to the reward. Any increase to the time investment requirement must be matched by an increase in the rewards, or it's more time than I can justify spending on this game.

If this second attempt at a new system is not reformed signifcantly, I will be back to ddq-only.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I am in the 2* to 3* transition with now 6 championed 3*s and 5 maxed 2* champions.
    i have no 4 stars over 4 covers and i have 5 5*s with one cover each

My easy nodes started Lvl 118 and would scale up 11-14 each time for a final level of around 180.

The hard ones start Lvl 160 and scaled up at the same rate to 230+.

The essentials were 125-132 (2* to 4*) and go up to 210+.

I find this Pve to be alot easier to hit progression. i grinded for the first event had and halfway through the second event and hit progression with 2 days left in the event.
    The rewards are really bad for this event s there is no need to try for t10 or t100 soi have just been doing pvp.
    I find the changes to the pve to be extremely annoying and uninteresting. I dont want to play each node 6+ times its frustrating and boring as hell. the scaling is crazy those thugs can wipe my best team before i can even get enough ap for one attack. the strike tiles and Tommy gun could be the worst thing in the game. I burn Health packs so often at once my node it maxed thats its not even worth the time.

Over all i like that they made progression easier to get but i feel the rewards and tiers of rewards are very lackluster and give no incentive to continue to play. i also now play alot more then before. iused to play for 30-50 mins every 8 hours with a small grind. i liked this alot as i could play morning before work at lunch time then after work at night and if i dont miss a node i would hit progression and t25. Now i need to play for alot longer to keep up with the constant grind and its not fun at all.