PVE Scaling Feedback & New Test : Unstable Iso-8

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I like that difficulty is lowered, but lowering progression point requirements seems like overkill. You should lower the number of clears before the timer to like 3 or something.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"][...] Keep the feedback coming as we appreciate all that we get![/list]
    [...]
    what about you take that feedback and apply it to the rewards to reflect 4* progression?
    10 out of 1000 people? you guys absolutely rock.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    So to recap:

- Testing in an event where the top prizes are a character few if any want = lower competition
    - Still a crazy-**** grind at the end if you do want to be competitive

As much as I hate to say it, I think the only way you'll truly see the impact is to do a test for a new 4* which everyone will scream about but will drive many more to play anyway and play competitively. This test will basically only test the ability of most players to hit progression rewards.

When will the Dev's respond to the feedback of making PvP purely progression based? Ultron, Galactus, Gauntlet are all great events and seem to be overall much more loved (baring crazy teams) since they are about progression only and working with your alliance.

Until then this just seems more of the same skewed. If you're only going for progression it may help since you can "play when you want", but if you want to be competitive you'll still have to grind 20 points at a time? Ug.
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    As someone reaching 2 years on this game, id say don't bother with your feedback.
    What's going to happen is (a) they are just going to assess it based on their data (b) pick and choose what changes they like best (c) go with it anyway and bear the initial brunt /tirade until we get fed up screaming at the wall.

Rinse and repeat.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    In general, we saw better win rates and people were playing the event more.
    That because it was REQUIRMENT to play more just to get progression reward.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    It's nice that the developers want to improve PvE, but this is not the way to do it. Lowering the difficulty helps a lot, but the real issue is having to clear 6 times before the countdown begins. If you are playing for placement, which you have to do to get anywhere in this game, you will be forced to. If this doesn't stay under the label of 'test' and becomes the new system, I can see myself leaving.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    As with Enemy of the Scale, thanks to developers for the effort to improve things, and clear communication in advance.

For current event, rewards are just awful (chulk, ddevil and colossus??). 6 clears were a huge time investment in EotS, and this time it doesnt feel worth. I may even forfeit the progression token and just go for specific fat node rewards; it will depend on how low they set progression marks.
    I didnt post this on precious thread, but I also found the 3 bonus event tokens a very small reward for the hard path that EitS was, as it turned out in 750 ISO.
  • ammenell
    EstherC wrote:
    As someone reaching 2 years on this game, id say don't bother with your feedback.
    What's going to happen is (a) they are just going to assess it based on their data (b) pick and choose what changes they like best (c) go with it anyway and bear the initial brunt /tirade until we get fed up screaming at the wall.

Rinse and repeat.
    this, absolutely.
    this was clear after two months reading the forums.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    First, it is great max difficulty and progression levels have been lowered, that is going to be an improvement.

I am still concerned about the number of completions needed for max score. I still think 11 just before end and start of the new sub is too much. But we will see, with lowered difficulty maybe the amount of time needed will be less I guess (but then in events like EotS the need to reduce the number of survival nodes, 3 is too much).

PS: And it is normal there was more people playing, everybody wanted to see how the new PvE is going to be.
  • seyerin
    seyerin Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Good job devs. Thanks for lisent us.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am glad about the new test. Lowering the progression (I could not be arsed to get it the last time around as it required way too much grind) and lowering the difficulty works for me. I would like better rewards and less competitive play but I have not been competitive in PvE for a long time so that is not the aspect I am using to judge the changes.

I will give it a shot but I would prefer the required number of clear to be lowered to 3-4. And once more - time to move the rewards to the new state of the game.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      o All are easier than the previous run of the updated mission difficulty. o 2-Star Essential missions are the easiest and 4-Star Essential missions are the hardest.
    We'll have to see this in action, but one thing that concerns me is how this would impact PVEs immediately after a character release if this change continues in the future. People will be forced to use a character with only a few covers, if not one, and a high level fight is disproportionately difficult.

While the pve after a new release is the clearest example of that issue, in general the 4* is going to tend to be undercovered for a lot of players every time, so hopefully the increase in level range is very gradual in all events.
  • Crowl
    Bulls wrote:
    Nice to get 2nd run of tests, Im just not sure how good of a motivator is chulk as a reward for 7days event. Anyway cant wait to see this new adjusted scaling.

Really, they are in a no-win situation with the cover rewards in these test events, if they give out anyone good then they will just see complaints about people being forced to play the event and if they give anyone bad then they get the lack of motivation complaint.

What they should really do is promise to fix the awful hulk if enough people take part in this event. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Crowl
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      Updated Mission Difficulty Details:
      • Every mission got easier.
        o The easy missions more so, increasing the range of difficulty.
      • Essential missions have a range of difficulty across the different star tiers
        o All are easier than the previous run of the updated mission difficulty. o 2-Star Essential missions are the easiest and 4-Star Essential missions are the hardest.
      Progression rewards for the 3-Star cover and Command Points have been lowered.”

Moving an easy missions from 220 to 200 is not what anyone actually playing this game were asking for when we complained about that change in the first test, even if you have a strong roster people liked the trivial nodes how they were because it opens up far more of your roster for use and that should have been their starting point in this test.
    • SnowcaTT
      SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited March 2016
      I'll just throw out even the opening node was annoying....Falcap, DD, Hawkeye....only one offensive color between the three of them. Throw in a Lieutenant for good measure, and that node takes FOREVER, just to start this thing.

Edit - got to node one....189 spy/189 spy/189 assassin - "Easy".

WHERE THE HECK IS TRIVIAL FOR MY ISO RUN?

I beat it (they went to level 206) to see what is beyond. 189 Daken/Bullseye/Yelena vs the essential 2*? 212 Bullesye/Ares/Moonstone vs the essential (terrible) FalCap? This is where scaling STARTS?

Out of this event already.
    • ammenell
      nah.

take ANY pve event, make it 7 days if you need to.
      change the final prog reward to a special kind of token which lets you choose a single cover of ANY character (jup, including 5*s) and watch how everybody is scrambling to grind as much as possible.

or give out the most useless 4* covers in the game and test your new system with a fraction of your playerbase.
    • STOPTHIS
      STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
      Opening nodes are still too hard.

Just because I can now use 30% of my roster instead of just 10% doesn't mean it's more fun.

There's no increase in rewards to make the effort worth it. And placement rewards suck.

Tapping out again.
    • Jam_Adams
      Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
      STOPTHIS wrote:
      Opening nodes are still too hard.

Just because I can now use 30% of my roster instead of just 10% doesn't mean it's more fun.

There's no increase in rewards to make the effort worth it. And placement rewards suck.

Tapping out again.
      haven't started yet (slice 2), but this isn't encouraging. I am behind this opinion 100%.

one of the BIGGEST complaints from the first test was NO TRIVIAL NODES. this was an honest-to-god valid complaint, because without Trivials, WE CAN'T USE THE VAST MAJORITY OF OUR ROSTER.

I was cautiously optimistic (as another poster commented) and thought the changes originally noted sounded like a step in the right direction, but after reading initial observations I am now more anxious than optimistic
    • Jam_Adams
      Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
      also, I can't imagine what any version of this PVE system would be like in a Heroic event. shoot me now
    • SolidQ
      SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
      Still **** icon_evil.gif I will only get CP and Goon nodes Grind for iso.
      P.S Just remove scaling, and back Easy nodes to Trivial