PVE Scaling Feedback & New Test : Unstable Iso-8

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    My Old Man Logan, 4pool and 3clops champion just got their **** kicked by 1* Venom. **** this new system! It's too **** hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've used this before, but here... it always seems appropriate.

image.jpg
  • RyanL24
    RyanL24 Posts: 54
    Since I don't have the 10 hours a day to dedicate to the new system, I am pretty close to hanging it up and becoming one of those people who check in each day to beat the DDQ.

What's funny is I DO have the 10 hours a day. But it's so boring that I just can't bear it. This is seriously a drag.
  • BIuebell
    BIuebell Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Is anyone else seeing nodes dropping in points after each clear, and then slowly creeping up again?
    Wasn't the point that the first seven clears could be done anytime?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    c3a2bae39ee5c5ee553d534ee5132c50-introducing-swedish-chef-ramsay.jpg
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    once again everyone here is missing the whole point of these tests. They are intentionally making it harder, now the next "test" will likely be just a tad bit easier than the current one. The only data that will be used to determine the new PVE format and there will be one, is which one sold more health packs and boosts than the old pve. That is the only data that matters. If you think for one second they care that they are giving us the exact opposite of what 27 pages of the previous complaints said you are a fool.
  • Kilwrath
    Kilwrath Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I really don't see any change from the previous test. The starting difficultly level is still ridiculous. This ruins PvE for me. If it stays, I'm done with MPQ.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I certainly hope people aren't buying health packs. I mean, the reward is CHulk. And this is two PVE in a row I'm mostly avoiding. I already hate Heroic events, and I hate this scaling system. Congratulations. PVP is, by comparison, now the less unpleasant option to play.
  • Grantilis
    Grantilis Posts: 22
    Congratulations, this utter disaster of event changes are seriously making me want to quit this game. I have 4 4* chars championed with a few covers, over half the 3* championed, and all 2* championed.

I am in the Mediterranean sub event on the 5th node. Completely wiped out all my big hitters and all health packs burned out. It should not be a prerequisite to use boosts to have to complete matches to get a full clear.

If these changes are implemented as they are I will be quitting after over 600 days of enjoying this game.
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    OK. I´m officialy NOT a fan of new system. I liked idea of playing when I want and scaling is not bad for my roster (3x 5 star.png and my 3 star.png around 135-140) but bf even when I did not have time to grind I was able with 3 full clears and some selected nodes replaying to reach top 50 or top 100. Now for top 50 you need around 6 full rounds maybe more. You know I have others activities like surprise! work, friends a life to do.
    I don´t mind to put some big effort for top 10 when I have time and feel like it but I´m not willing to put such enormous effort for top 100 every PVE.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    have any of you tried .... Not grinding?

I think that the purpose of this change is to stop people grinding. They're making it so unpleasant to grind that I can't see it as anything other than a disincentive to have this play style.

I joined late, I've done one clear of sub 2 (missed sub1) and hit the cp node 6 times and I'm in 71st I think playing very casually and still hitting t100 is a positive change
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards

I think that the purpose of this change is to stop people grinding. They're making it so unpleasant to grind that I can't see it as anything other than a disincentive to have this play style.

I joined late, I've done one clear of sub 2 (missed sub1) and hit the cp node 6 times and I'm in 71st I think playing very casually and still hitting t100 is a positive change

Think ahead. It's cho and colossuss rewards. People are not grinding for the most part. If it's a new character release, or the rewards are Bobby and Iron Fist you can trust that people will grind. Then you can either grind with the best or forget placement.

If this change goes through, I'm going to forget placement. Don't have the time or interest in fighting level 300 Juggernaut/Ares/Daken for crit boosts and 70 iso.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bwanis wrote:
    Maybe this was addressed in the previous 13 pages or EotS feedback but the elephant in the room for me seems to be why are the devs changing the scaling at all? Why not just eliminate the 8 hr point refresh and leave all other elements of traditional pve the same as they have been?...

It seems like this is the only positive part of the new system that players are universally enjoying so keep this and ditch the rest.

I just don't understand why the devs think anyone would want to play longer matches with a fraction of our rosters for the same (already) lousy rewards. We wipe more, get less ISO & CP just when we need it most. it's frustrating, it's salt in the wound when ISO is already so limited.

Devs, what is the logic here? Why do you think we will enjoy this? These changes do not make sense...

They already explained this. Current scaling encourages people to keep their rosters underlevelled and discourages the acquisition of 5 star characters. These are both bad things.

So they need to change the scaling algorithm to try and get a fairer difficulty curve for the millions of different roster combinations out there, and to stop people selling off their 5 stars or quitting because the game suddenly got too hard and they don't understand why.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards

Think ahead. It's cho and colossuss rewards. People are not grinding for the most part. If it's a new character release, or the rewards are Bobby and Iron Fist you can trust that people will grind. Then you can either grind with the best or forget placement.

If this change goes through, I'm going to forget placement. Don't have the time or interest in fighting level 300 Juggernaut/Ares/Daken for crit boosts and 70 iso.

Except if most people are 'reasonable' like you, then the issue doesn't exist. If none of us are willing to grind nodes down to 20 then none of us has to and placement rewards move closer to the 25CP reward mark.

Placement is determined by how much effort we are actually willing to put in, not what some theoretical individual with enough money for health packs and nothing better to do with their time than play continually would achieve.

Ideally if they get the scaling right so that Health Packs become the limiting factor rather than time, then we all win. (And they need to get the curve right so that a 2* team is spending slightly more health packs to progress at the same rate as a 5* team)
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    . It's cho and colossuss rewards. People are not grinding for the most part. If it's a new character release, or the rewards are Bobby and Iron Fist you can trust that people will grind. Then you can either grind with the best or forget placement.

Except if most people are 'reasonable' like you, then the issue doesn't exist. If none of us are willing to grind nodes down to 20 then none of us has to and placement rewards move closer to the 25CP reward mark.

Placement is determined by how much effort we are actually willing to put in, not what some theoretical individual with enough money for health packs and nothing better to do with their time than play continually would achieve.

Ideally if they get the scaling right so that Health Packs become the limiting factor rather than time, then we all win. (And they need to get the curve right so that a 2* team is spending slightly more health packs to progress at the same rate as a 5* team)

I'll be honest... I'm not at all 'reasonable'. I play for top 10 in new character releases. I'm sure there are lots of people who will grind anyway. People grinded in EotS with the ninjas and tougher scaling and no new characters. People will assuredly grind. And then maybe burn out or ragequit after, but they will grind.

All this change does, as most people have been saying, is make the grind that much longer and more unpleasant. It's more effort for the same rewards.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    at least with rubberbanding turned on, it will make it alot easier for me to hit progression thanks to all the jackrabbit grinders.

thanks guys. enjoy those chulk and colossus covers. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    As other people have said, I don't understand how the devs think making the game harder makes it more fun, it doesn't. I believe they really want to implement this new system but they are unwilling to increase the rewards. Remove the crit rewards and double the iso rewards. The constant release of new characters and the lack of iso is what is going to ultimately lead me to quitting this game.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't grind non-new character releases for placement, I grind this clusterkitty to 7/7 because I need ISO.
    Lots of ISO. More ISO than I'll ever be able to earn until the tinykitty rewards are finally updated to reflect that we're close to having more 4* chars than 3* chars in the game.

I have 11 champed 4*s, two more at 235, 7 more at 13 covers, 4 more at 10+ covers.

So I'm not doing 7/7 because I enjoy it, I do it because I have no choice if I ever want to play with the chars that I have.

So I'm sure metrics will show that player engagement is high again during this horrible test - but not because people enjoy this, but because missing out on 7k ISO per day is not an option for high level rosters.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    I jumped in last night to find the normally trivial nodes started at 210, with the same measly rewards. Congratulations, devs, you completely ignored two of the primary complaints about the changes.

Between the underwhelming tweaks and the garbage placement rewards, I'm skipping the rest of this event.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Bwanis wrote:
    Maybe this was addressed in the previous 13 pages or EotS feedback but the elephant in the room for me seems to be why are the devs changing the scaling at all? Why not just eliminate the 8 hr point refresh and leave all other elements of traditional pve the same as they have been?...

It seems like this is the only positive part of the new system that players are universally enjoying so keep this and ditch the rest.

I just don't understand why the devs think anyone would want to play longer matches with a fraction of our rosters for the same (already) lousy rewards. We wipe more, get less ISO & CP just when we need it most. it's frustrating, it's salt in the wound when ISO is already so limited.

Devs, what is the logic here? Why do you think we will enjoy this? These changes do not make sense...

They already explained this. Current scaling encourages people to keep their rosters underlevelled and discourages the acquisition of 5 star characters. These are both bad things.

So they need to change the scaling algorithm to try and get a fairer difficulty curve for the millions of different roster combinations out there, and to stop people selling off their 5 stars or quitting because the game suddenly got too hard and they don't understand why.

Except both test events, encourages limiting your roster and severely punishes roster development