Patch Notes - R97 (03/28/16)

Options
124»

Comments

• life_in_death
    life_in_death Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Definitely Howard. Italian hint in the update screen says something that can be translated as "feathered"
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    kevingravy wrote:
    Posted this in bugs as well, but it looks like the patch has messed with Switch's Arcane Incantation. It's dropping 4 turn countdowns instead of 3, and I double checked, she's till 5 in blue.

Doubt it's a bug. They probably just forgot to change the text
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So I downloaded the patch before doing my clear in Venom Bomb and apparently it gave all my nodes an 8 hour timer, which is very upsetting. Is this is a bug or do patches always do this and I just never noticed?
  • DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    kevingravy wrote:
    Posted this in bugs as well, but it looks like the patch has messed with Switch's Arcane Incantation. It's dropping 4 turn countdowns instead of 3, and I double checked, she's till 5 in blue.

Along these same lines, I noticed my 3-turn Falcon's Redwing is being dropped with a 4-turn countdown. Likely the same bug
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Marvel Puzzle Quest R97 update.
    - The following abilities can no longer be fired if there are no available targets:
    (snip)
    I still don't understand the need for this. If there's no targets, that means you already won, right? Or is this to avoid an ability activation avalanche after AI wins? I probably could have injected some more 'a' words there, right?
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Marvel Puzzle Quest R97 update.
    - The following abilities can no longer be fired if there are no available targets:
    (snip)
    I still don't understand the need for this. If there's no targets, that means you already won, right? Or is this to avoid an ability activation avalanche after AI wins? I probably could have injected some more 'a' words there, right?
    I'm Guessing its if those not downed on the other Team are either Invisible or airborne you can't fire them.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, that would make sense, yes. Didn't think of that icon_lol.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kevingravy wrote:
    What I've noticed is that she has always dropped it at 4, but it would tick down to 3 at the end of that turn, not sure why it was set up that way. They must have messed with something that changed the order of processing so it no longer ticks it down to 3 at the end of the turn she drops it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    kevingravy wrote:
    well, at least she's not in the heroic unless a sub 2 or 3 reinforcement. unfortunately I've been softclimbing in patch pvp with witch and rulk. have to switch that around now.

edit: and there's nowhere left I can go just see how she's acting. I'm not messing a pve node up just to see and I have a decent team in shield sim I don't want to mess with. gee. stuff like this is a great reason to just leave the prologue open even for no drop rewards.
    ok, that last grind was horrible with an ineffective witch, and im40 was just too clunky when everything hinged on getting to 18 green. pretty sure it cost me 6 tacos going to get that last set of health packs. hope this gets fixed soon.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Howard-The-Duck-button.jpg
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vote the Duck in 2016 too!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There was a leak of the Taco Vault (savory) that outed said character.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scarlet Witch countdown bug will be fixed tomorrow:
    viewtopic.php?p=502819#p502819
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ....April 1. Of course.
  • It is pretty clever (if I'm even right; I don't have the best record with these preview clues):

Get down = DUCK!
    Fowl have down feathers.

EDIT: That aside, does "- Star-Lord no longer reduces the cost of an ability below a hero’s minimum ability cost." mean variable-cost powers like Psylocke's Red and Quicksilver's actives that specifically mention a minimum? Because that could be worded better.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    kevingravy wrote:
    What I've noticed is that she has always dropped it at 4, but it would tick down to 3 at the end of that turn, not sure why it was set up that way. They must have messed with something that changed the order of processing so it no longer ticks it down to 3 at the end of the turn she drops it.
    While this is likely the root of the issue, how is it that not a single person tasked with testing the changes before submitting them to apple/google/whatever realized the problem? I could understand missing falcon as it's not something that might always come up routinely and could easily be overlooked, but SW? her tile drops on the second turn of any match she's in. It should be very obvious to anyone testing.

So...more confirmation that their "testing" is either non-existent or a complete joke? Sorry to be so negative here, but these "bugs" crop up somewhat often, and even if they're mostly benign, it's fairly pathetic.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i dont think they bother too much with testing.

why would they waste resources like money and hours when they have legions of players testing for them?
    just hit up the forum after deployment (dont log in with your official d3 account though) and you immediately know where you screwed up.