Patch Notes - R97 (03/28/16)

Options

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_th ... on_history

Sporting the slogan "Get Down, America!", the All-Night Party was a fictional political party that appeared in Gerber's Howard the Duck series during the U.S. Presidential campaign of 1976,[6] and led to Howard the Duck receiving thousands of write-in votes in the actual election.[7] Gerber addressed questions about the campaign in the letters column of the comic book and, as Mad Genius Associates, sold merchandise publicizing the campaign.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to note, if they release him for April 1st (and lord knows they should) that'll be 3 new characters in 4 weeks (with Punisher(Max) via Venom Bomb starting tomorrow)
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If it's Howard it means we will have all the characters on this cover, just in time for Civil War:

civil_war_howard_the_duck.png
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If it's Howard it means we will have all the characters on this cover, just in time for Civil War:

civil_war_howard_the_duck.png

Actually that is US Agent, not Captain America. And I am not sure which Ant-Man that is.
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    If it's Howard it means we will have all the characters on this cover, just in time for Civil

Actually that is US Agent, not Captain America. And I am not sure which Ant-Man that is.
    Also why is the duck wearing a Punishirt?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    MY HOWARD BLU-RAY JUST CAME IN THE MAIL, OVER THE WEEKEND!!!!!

Oh my.....if that IS a hint for him, I will go bonkers!
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Get down!"

Obv Arnie.

t2-(92).jpg
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      • Kingpin’s
    Wilson’s Gambit

Why Wilson's Gambit is red? It should be black, if only you wouldn't change the ability color in R97.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Ah, true.

Looking through the comic (it's on Marvel Unlimited, originally published Oct. 1, 2006) it never said his name but says his story is continued in "Irredeemable Ant-Man", which makes him Eric O'Grady, not Scott Lang.
    Koffitok wrote:
    Also why is the duck wearing a Punishirt?
    I have no idea. It doesn't even play into the story in the comic itself. I guess because the artist thought it looked cool/funny?
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wooodd wrote:
    madsalad wrote:
    turul wrote:

Dakens blue has color converting and strike tile removal effect. Should not be "fixed".
    Danger Zone creates strike tiles and should be able to fire in the case when that happens

I'm going to guess that Daken can't fire if there are no strike.png tiles to convert AND there are no bluetile.png tiles to convert to greentile.png .

I read the notes to mean if there is no target-able enemy (such as airborne or invisible). Is that not what they're trying to do?

Daken's attack does damage even without strikes or blue tiles on board so it should always be available as an option.

OK, true, but first-and-foremost, Daken's ability is an attack with a "target". If the target does not exist, the power should not be able to launch, right?
    Daken springs a trap, but his addiction to "Heat" threatens to push him over the edge. Damages the target for 99, converts two blue tiles to green, and converts up to 2 friendly strike tiles to basic tiles doing 50 damage per strike tile converted.

Given the way that "Danger Zone" is written, I agree with you that it should be able to fire because it's about the strike tile creation first and foremost. The attack is only a result if the strike tile creation criteria is not met.
    Trying to impress his teammates, Nova increases his flight speed even further. If there are fewer than 5 friendly Black Strike tiles on the board, creates 3 Black Strike tiles of strength 37. Otherwise, Nova loses control and crashes into his enemy, converting all friendly Black Strike tiles to basic tiles and dealing 1751

Though, even though it is written poorly, I guess one would need to target someone to crash into if the criteria isn't met, and since you cannot target anyone, the ability should not launch to begin with?
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DuckyV wrote:
    Do NOT play with my emotions!!! If this is, indeed, Howard's hint I will be ECSTATIC! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Where do I sign up for free covers?!?!?! Should I start a petition?!?!?!?!

I pity the fool who ends up in a PvE bracket with me for this event!!!!

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png HOWARD THE DUCK star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Yeah, I would NOT want to be in this bracket....
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isn't it time to add our sixth five-star character?
    I'd be OK with Howard at that rarity.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    Looking through the comic (it's on Marvel Unlimited, originally published Oct. 1, 2006) it never said his name but says his story is continued in "Irredeemable Ant-Man", which makes him Eric O'Grady, not Scott Lang.

Yep. He has a classic "Irredeemable" shower scene during the Civil War. The perv.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    ragnarady wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      • Kingpin’s
    Wilson’s Gambit

Why Wilson's Gambit is red? It should be black, if only you wouldn't change the ability color in R97.

Corrected to black. Thanks!
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    MY HOWARD BLU-RAY JUST CAME IN THE MAIL, OVER THE WEEKEND!!!!!

Oh my.....if that IS a hint for him, I will go bonkers!

Hold the phone.... It's on BLU-RAY?!!

*furious Google search commences*
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Heroes that are immune to stun can now be targeted by a stun (they are still immune to the effect).
    It's a tiny but satisfying buff for my Silver Surfer! That's tubular!
  • Dayv
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    Is Get Down disco?

Disco just might be Dazzler.

I do hate disco.

(An MPQ Haiku)
    Disco_duck.jpg
  • Dayv
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Get down!
    This is in my head now.

5* Harrison Ford confirmed.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hard at work, fixing bugs. Good work.
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    Options
    If we keep posting every hint is Dazzler, will we get it? How were the devs convinced everyone wanted Spider-Gwen?