Patch Notes - R97 (03/28/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest R97 update.

Get down!

What’s New
    - Versus madness with Deadpool’s Weapon TeX-MeX!

What’s Changed
    - Star-Lord no longer reduces the cost of an ability below a hero’s minimum ability cost. - Wolverine (Old Man Logan)’s
Reluctant Hero power now consistently converts to Finish the Fight if there are red Charged tiles on the board.
- Carnage’s Alien Instincts power now fires correctly after landing from being airborne.
- Professor X is now able to re-cast Blind Spot if the Invisibility tile created previously was part of a Match-5.
- Heroes that are made airborne while invisible now always continue to look invisible while airborne.
- Green Goblin’s Trick or Treat ability no longer destroys tiles that are already destroyed.
- Heroes that are immune to stun can now be targeted by a stun (they are still immune to the effect).
- Fixed a bug for some Android devices that were encountering an “Initialization Failed” message when launching the game.
- The following abilities can no longer be fired if there are no available targets:
• Spider-Man (Back in Black)’s Automotive Artillery
• Spider-Gwen’s Cherry Bomb
• Jean Grey (Phoenix)’s Psychic Flames
• Wolverine (Old Man Logan)’s Still Sharp
• Juggernaut’s Headbutt
• Venom (Dark Avengers)’s Devour
• Daken (Dark Avengers) & Daken (Classic)’s Chemical Reaction
• Kingpin’s Wilson’s Gambit
• Iceman’s Punch a Snowman
• Iron Man (Hulkbuster)’s Repulsor Punch
• Doctor Doom’s Diabolical Plot
• Iron Man (Model 40)’s Unibeam
• Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men)’s Full Blast
• Antman’s Grow
• Hulk (Indestructible)’s Smash
• Nova’s Danger Zone

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Get down!
    One poster here is going to be seriously happy if this means who I think it is (Howard the Duck).
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Get down!
    One poster here is going to be seriously happy if this means who I think it is (Howard the Duck).

No, no, no, that's way too clever for a hint. It's always an anagram.

God Newt, it's the Frog of Thunder.

Or possibly Wet Dong. Can't think of who that might be though.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:

Duh Namor
  • ZeiramMR
    edited March 2016
    It is pretty clever (if I'm even right; I don't have the best record with these preview clues):

Get down = DUCK!
    Fowl have down feathers.

EDIT: That aside, does "- Star-Lord no longer reduces the cost of an ability below a hero’s minimum ability cost." mean variable-cost powers like Psylocke's Red and Quicksilver's actives that specifically mention a minimum? Because that could be worded better.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      - Star-Lord no longer reduces the cost of an ability below a hero’s minimum ability cost.

Explain please? Presumably Star Lord's ability still does something. What's the minimum?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Get down!

Mole Man!

or if we're all exceptionally lucky, it's the first Marvel-Disney IP cross over and we're getting The Underminer as a precursor to the Incredibles arriving.

Edit: I mean, of course it's Howard - just in time for April Fool's Day.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will this release fix the issue of Mpq not running on the Android N developer preview.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Get down!

Mole Man!

or if we're all exceptionally lucky, it's the first Marvel-Disney IP cross over and we're getting The Underminer as a precursor to the Incredibles arriving.

Edit: I mean, of course it's Howard - just in time for April Fool's Day.
    Too late for April Fool's Day. We're wrapping up EotS and going into Venom Bomb with a release. Another release that soon after would be too much.

Hmm. Get Down is the first line in Jungle Boogey. The Jungle Book is coming out soon. Kaa is hopefully going to be the coolest part of the movie. The voice of Kaa is Scarlett Johnsson. Scarlet Johansson plays Black Widow. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Black Widow confirmed.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    5* James Brown incoming! Jump back! Unnngh! Get... funkay.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      - Star-Lord no longer reduces the cost of an ability below a hero’s minimum ability cost.

Explain please? Presumably Star Lord's ability still does something. What's the minimum?

There are a few abilities that have cost-reduction incorporated and state a minimum, for example, Psylocke's red and Quicksilver's black and green.

Good job with that nerf, Star-Lord was already a meta-warping force breaking the game, good that he was taken down a notch! Maybe also double his powers' cost and give him Hood's HP?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Duh Namor

Another anagram. Human Rod. Fits with the theme, at least.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add me to the "what does the star-lord change actually mean" crowd.

And if the speculation is correct (variable cost powers with a minimum are affected) WHY?! Was star-lord too powerful? Was there an exploit? If so, was it game-breaking? Otherwise who cares? It just doesn't seem worth it. Star-lord's yellow is borderline useless anyway, so why make it even less useless. And why hasnt this ability been turned into a passive power yet?! There a so many good suggestions in his character thread.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Do NOT play with my emotions!!! If this is, indeed, Howard's hint I will be ECSTATIC! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Where do I sign up for free covers?!?!?! Should I start a petition?!?!?!?!

I pity the fool who ends up in a PvE bracket with me for this event!!!!

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png HOWARD THE DUCK star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
  • Fratriarch
    Fratriarch Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Sorry to disappoint the duck fans,venom bomb tokens now have an image of an extremely thicknecked punisher.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png MAX Punisher for DD season 2
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Fratriarch wrote:
    Sorry to disappoint the duck fans,venom bomb tokens now have an image of an extremely thicknecked punisher.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png MAX Punisher for DD season 2

He was the hint for the LAST patch notes. Don't you mess with my dreams!!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards

Thanks for the unneccesary nerf again! Please give heightened sellback rate for Starlord!

KqfjkhO.png
      Heroes that are made airborne while invisible now always continue to look invisible while airborne.

Hope this also applies to stunned!
      no longer be fired if there are no available targets:
      • Spider-Man (Back in Black)’s Automotive Artillery
      • Spider-Gwen’s Cherry Bomb
      • Jean Grey (Phoenix)’s Psychic Flames
      • Wolverine (Old Man Logan)’s Still Sharp
      • Juggernaut’s Headbutt
      • Venom (Dark Avengers)’s Devour
      • Daken (Dark Avengers) & Daken (Classic)’s Chemical Reaction
      • Kingpin’s Wilson’s Gambit
      • Iceman’s Punch a Snowman
      • Iron Man (Hulkbuster)’s Repulsor Punch
      • Doctor Doom’s Diabolical Plot
      • Iron Man (Model 40)’s Unibeam
      • Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men)’s Full Blast
      • Antman’s Grow
      • Hulk (Indestructible)’s Smash
      • Nova’s Danger Zone

Dakens blue has color converting and strike tile removal effect. Should not be "fixed".
      Danger Zone creates strike tiles and should be able to fire in the case when that happens[/quote]

Several of these abilites also convert at least a CD tile to basic if no target available. Since the action has a board effect, the "rules of the game" should allow fireing of ability. (What if I want to destroy the CD so a second power can have effect on that basic tile?). (Also losing availability to trigger a passive based on ability fire)
    • madsalad
      madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
      turul wrote:

Dakens blue has color converting and strike tile removal effect. Should not be "fixed".
      Danger Zone creates strike tiles and should be able to fire in the case when that happens

[/quote]

I'm going to guess that Daken can't fire if there are no strike.png tiles to convert AND there are no bluetile.png tiles to convert to greentile.png .
    • Wooodd
      Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
      madsalad wrote:
      turul wrote:

Danger Zone creates strike tiles and should be able to fire in the case when that happens

I'm going to guess that Daken can't fire if there are no strike.png tiles to convert AND there are no bluetile.png tiles to convert to greentile.png .

I read the notes to mean if there is no target-able enemy (such as airborne or invisible). Is that not what they're trying to do?

Daken's attack does damage even without strikes or blue tiles on board so it should always be available as an option.
    • pheregas
      pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
      Is Get Down disco?

Disco just might be Dazzler.

I do hate disco.

(An MPQ Haiku)
    • ZeiramMR
      pheregas wrote:
      Is Get Down disco?

Disco just might be Dazzler.

I do hate disco.

(An MPQ Haiku)
      For a split second I thought Dazzler too. But if you are going disco, it has to be... The Hypno-Hustler! ;-p

latest?cb=20050529045352